Robot in the house

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"What do you mean?" Haejung spluttered in shock. She looked from her mother to Luhan who was smiling so brightly she almost thought the sun had risen during the night. "How can you let him stay in our house?" she shrieked.

Mrs Yoo ushered Haejung in together with Luhan and closed the door. "Well I told you he's only asking for really affordable rates for his work at the eatery right?" she explained. "He apparently doesn't want cash as his pay."

Haejung's eyes rounded and she snapped her head towards Luhan. "YOU ASKED TO STAY HERE?" she squeaked.

Luhan nodded with a cute smile. "Don't you think it's going to be lovely, Jungie?" he beamed sweetly. "You're the first person I'm going to see in the morning and the last in the day! It's going to be amazing!!" he danced around the living room, twirling like a ballerina.

Haejung facepalmed herself. "Umma! I'm not being biased here." she emphasized reasonably. "But I'm trying to convince you that this idea is really stupid. We only have two bedrooms here! One for you and the other for me. Where is he going to sleep then?" she demanded. "No where! So he should go-" Haejung pointed at the door firmly.

Mrs Yoo smiled warmly. "Well I thought about that." she reminded. "I remember we had a spare mattress in the cupboard, he can sleep on that tonight. Tomorrow we'll get him a bunk, what do you think about that Luhan?"

"Wonderful!" Luhan sang, smiling.

Haejung shook her head. "And where in the world would you put that bunk?" she grumbled.

"In your room of course! You can't expect him to sleep with me, I snore and even you can't take sleeping in the same room as me, remember Haejung." Mrs Yoo mused, looking like she completely enjoyed making her daughter shriek in shock.

Haejung's eyes widened. "You mean you want to let this stranger guy stay in my room together with me?" she squeaked. "Umma how could you?" she accused. "Don't you care for me huh?" she tried using the guilt trip.

Mrs Yoo sighed and met Luhan's eyes, cocking her head towards Haejung's room. Luhan nodded, smiling secretly as he pulled on Haejung's hand and led her towards the room as discreetly as possible.

"You're sending me to the Tiger's den umma!" Haejung continued. "I'm your one and only daughter, and you're my only family in this big cruel world! I can't believe you're making me stay in the same room as this potential freak stalker where anything can happen at night when you're miles away in the other room!"

"You're exaggerating Haejung." Mrs Yoo pushed her and they reached the door.

"I'm not! Don't you see how ridiculo-" Luhan pulled Haejung into the room and Mrs Yoo shut the door in Haejung's face. Haejung's eyes widened. They did not just team up on her.

"Sorry about that dear but all we have to do is give him a place to sleep and his daily meals." Mrs Yoo called from outside. "I won't give that a miss. Luhan, I'll go get the mattress I was talking about! You wash up and get comfortable!"

"Arraso Omonim!!!" Luhan sang back.

Haejung frowned and looked at him. "Since when did you call my Umma Omonim?" she raised her brows. "Shouldn't you call her ahjumma or something?"

Luhan pinched her cheeks and grinned. "You're so cute, Jungie~ Of course I'm calling her Omonim. You're my girlfriend and she's your mother so that indirectly makes her my Omonim as well!" he declared. "Ah, feels good to gain a mother huh?"

"Argh!" Haejung grumbled, swatting his hands away. She sighed and looked around at her room. She had gotten the larger room in the house because her mother insisted that she take the better room with all the studying she had to do. It was rather reasonable that Luhan be staying with her since there was more space.

Haejung wrinkled her nose and tried to push the wardrobe over to the other side of the wall. "You can take this space I guess." she mumbled reluctantly knowing that nothing could change her mother's mind once it was made up.

Luhan nodded and lifted the entire wardrobe easily, carrying over to the other side. Haejung blinked. *Woah.*

"So I'm going to sleep in the same room as you, Jungie?" Luhan smiled brightly. He went over and engulfed Haejung in a teddy bear hug. "This is going to be wonderful~~~"

Haejung rolled her eyes and wriggled away. She wagged her finger at him. "Okay, since you're staying in my room there's going to be some rules you have to follow, arraji?"

Luhan nodded his head obediently and flashed her a smile. Haejung faltered a little. Damn that perfect face.

"Number one," Haejung cited and drew an imaginary line across half the room, separating her bed and the space where his bunk was supposed to be, and ending directly in the centre of the door. "In no circumstances are you allowed to cross over to this side of my room. Ever." she emphasized.

Luhan scratched his head. "What if I can to wake you up in the morning?"

"There's the alarm." Haejung snapped, scowling. She continued. "Number two, there would be absolutely NO HUGS and NO TOUCHING in this house. NO. N. O. NO." she glared at him.

Luhan beamed. "Does that mean I can hug you outside then?"

"NO!" Haejung shrieked. "No touching everywhere! Just no!" she took in a deep breath, calming herself. "And number three, I don't want you to go around telling people you're my boyfriend or I'm your girlfriend when that isn't true." she stopped him when she saw his mouth open to protest. "Yes I filled that stupid form but you're not my real boyfriend okay? Don't sprout nonsense."

She tapped her chin and pondered. Did she miss anything?

"Ah yes, the most important." Haejung wheeled around and glared at Luhan. "If you cross this imaginary line in daytime, I will chop off your fingers. But if you dare sneak anywhere within a one metre radius near my bed when I'm asleep at night, I'll chop your head off. ARRAJI?"

Luhan nodded profusely, seemingly understanding what she said. Haejung sighed and nodded to herself. Perhaps it would be as bad if he followed the rules.

 

 

 

But in the end, he didn't.

Haejung woke up the next morning in a warm cocoon, snuggling comfortably against a warm chest that gave a slight buzz under her cheeks. She rubbed her eyes tiredly, squinting at the sunlight that lit the room.

"Morning Jungie!"

Haejung frowned. That voice. It sounded so familiar and highly annoying to her ears. Wonder where she heard that from before.

"Jungie?"

A finger poked her cheek and there was a deep rumble under her as a chuckle was heard. Haejung frowned, scratching her head. Did she miss something?

She vaguely remembered kicking her blanket off in the night, a habit that she had since she was a child. She'd wake up shivering and cold, but there didn't seem to be any way for her to keep the blanket on her for the entire night.

She remembered someone picking up her blanket and tucking her in the previous night. And this was the first morning in a long long time that she woke up warm and not shivering. Strange.

*Did Umma come in to tuck me in? She hasn't done that since I'm eight.* Haejung wondered. She opened her eyes fully, blinking at the face in front of her. "Jungie! You're awake!" Luhan's bright smile greeted her.

Haejung's eyes opened wide and she let out a gasp, fumbling and tumbling down the bed, landing on her . "Oww!" Haejung groaned, rubbing her sore area.

Luhan peered over the bed. "Omo! Jungie are you alright?" He asked, concerned.

Haejung frowned up at him as he arranged her horrible messy hair to a less messy state. "What are you doing on my side of the room?" she demanded. "On my bed?"

Luhan blinked. His large eyes drooped and the smile was replaced by a sad frown. "Mianhae Jungie."

Haejung flinched. Damn that pair of cursed eyes!

"But you should give me a chance, Jungie." Luhan smiled at her. "A Robot Boyfriend is better than a human one!"

*And now he's talking as if he's really a robot.* Haejung rolled her eyes. 

She got out of bed and fetched her long skirts and stupid looking button down shirts that were her moms. "I'm going to change now, and don't you dare peek! I'll chop of your head serious!"

Luhan nodded and watched as she went out of the room. Haejung sighed and closed the toilet door, leaniNg against it. 

Life was going to be so different now with a Robot Boyfriend in the house.