Working

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Thank you Omonim!!" Luhan beamed brightly.

Haejung came into the living room just then and she looked between Luhan and her mother suspiciously. She can never trust her mother anymore. She knew for a fact that her mother would choose Luhan's side over hers.

"Thanks for what?" she asked suspiciously. "Umma did you sell my soul to the devil?" she shot a glance towards Luhan.

Luhan raised his hands innocently. "Did you see devil this cute before?" he pointed at himself.

Haejung snorted. "I dunno, since you're the only devil I ever saw." she wittily told him back.

Luhan chuckled and ruffled her hair affectionately. Haejung's face naturally went red like it did every time he was near and she fanned it discreetly. Even when she was around Doojoon, that didn't happen that much.

Mrs Yoo watched their interaction in interest. "It's nothing, Haejung. Luhan was just saying he's going to be late for work this afternoon, after school." she shrugged.

Haejung blinked in surprise and she looked up at him. "Why?" she blurted. "Where are you going?"

"Nowhere fun." Luhan stuck his tongue out. "I'm not telling."

Haejung pouted and tugged on his arm. "Tellllll meeeee!" she demanded, growling cutely. "I won't let a drug smuggler stay in our house!" she complained.

Luhan pushed her forehead and set her further away from him because he was afraid he might just lean down and catch her lips with his and that wasn't good since Mrs Yoo was watching. Robot or not, he had that much sense.

"It's nothing big, Jungie." Luhan assured. "I just need to get some things done and I'll be back."

He looked at Mrs Yoo. "And I might be late for the next few afternoons too." he requested sheepishly.

Mrs Yoo smiled and shook her head. She knew what he was up to and she was touched that someone would go to such extents to do something for her daughter.

"It's okay, Luhan." she assured. "Haejung and I can manage."

"No we can't!" Haejung quickly blurted. She eyed Luhan, her frown getting deeper.

This was weird. Luhan didn't leave her side ever and he most definitely didn't keep secrets from her.

What was this about?

"Stop acting like a jealous girlfriend Haejung, Luhan needs his life too." Mrs Yoo teased.

Haejung's eyes widened as Luhan tugged toward the door and he waved goodbye to Mrs Yoo. "I'm not acting like a jealous girlfriend!" she protested. She looked at Luhan earnestly. "Did I behave like one?"

Luhan chuckled down at her honestly curious face with her large eyes blinking at him. He kind of had mixed feelings about thy makeover the EXO-M did the other time.

When he saw her looking at him this cutely, he thanked the heavens and earth for the EXO-M boys' decision. But when those fanboys crowded around her, he wished she'd change back to her old look.

He liked her no matter how she looked anyway.

"Well yes, considering how I'm your boyfriend and all." Luhan knocked her head and grabbed her wrist, leading her to the bus stop.

Haejung's eyes widened and she looked around. "Shhh!" she whispered. "You're my seeeeeecret boyfriend! Emphasis on secret yo!"

Luhan made a face. "I'd take away that word if I could." he muttered under his breath.

"What's that?" Haejung blinked confusedly. Luhan shook his head and pinched her cheek. "Just don't be jealous girlfriend, I'll be back soon."

 

 

"Ahjumma! I'm back!" Luhan beamed at the Ahjumma who had been tending the store selling the robot necklaces he so very wanted.

The Ahjumma blinked in surprise. "So fast? Have you even finished selling tho...." she faltered when Luhan showed her the empty basket.

He had popped over after school and requested that he help her out to sell the necklaces and accessories until Friday and she give him the robot necklace at a hugely discounted price.

She told him it was impossible that his helping out for a few days would cover the cost of the necklace but he was free to try.

She gave him a basketful of cheaper earrings for him to try selling first, to test out his salesman capabilities.

And as she stared at the empty basket in his hands, she had no doubt that he would make a very very good salesman indeed.

"Oh and Ahjumma?" Luhan grinned. "These girls say they want to purchase your bangles and bracelets and stuff..." he eyed the accessories in which he had no idea what they're called.

The Ahjumma blinked and saw a huge group of girls following behind Luhan like a bunch of ducklings following their mother duck.

"Wow." she gulped. She looked at Luhan with renewed respect. "I think you may really be able to earn enough for that necklace."

Luhan grinned. *YESSSSS!*

 

 

 

And in the end he didn't return exactly one hour later than usual. It was an hour and seven minutes when he rushed into the eatery.

"Sorry Omonim! I'm a little late!" Luhan panted lightly and reached for the apron.

Haejung made a face. "A little? You're seven minutes thirty four seconds late mister." she clicked her tongue as she filled some bowls with rice.

Mrs Yoo chuckled at Luhan's confused expression and shook her head. "Don't mind her. She just misses you."

Haejung's eyes widened and she gaped at her mother. "Excuse me? No I did not hmmmmffff-"

Before she could say anything more, Luhan already attacked her with a huge teddy bear hug. "Awww Jungie you missed me?" he cooed.

The fangirls and fanboys sighed at the scene. The prettiest girl and handsomest guy and they couldn't find the words to complain either.

"Aish let go." Haejung tried struggling out of his metal strong grip. She threw an exasperated glance at her mother. "Umma! How can you blurt nonsense?"

Mrs Yoo blinked back a little too innocently. "Well you were the one who kept glancing at the clock and cursing under your breath and asking why Luhan wasn't here yet. Of course I thought you missed him."

Luhan's face lit up so brightly that Haejung couldn't resist squishing his cheeks to dampen that smile. "As the daughter of your employer, it is also my job to see that this guy whom my mother hired is doing his job." she defended.

She eyed Luhan. "In return for that seven minutes thirty four seconds in which you were late, you've got to tell me where you were."

Luhan faltered. He bit his lip and looked from side to side. He wasn't very good at lying even though he had been living with humans for quite some time.

"Uhm...." he looked at the ground.

"Hmmm??" Haejung frowned suspiciously.

Luhan made a face and quickly darted to the kitchen. "Not telling!" he called.

Haejung pouted and huffed. "Aish!!" she grumbled.

She crossed her arms. "I bet he was with his fangirls." she mumbled.

And she didn't know why it hurt to think so.