Ehhh?!

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Haejung, why do you look so dodgy?" Mrs Yoo asked, amused.

Haejung looked around suspiciously, wondering if that Luhan guy from the previous day would follow her around. He had tagged along to the eatery after shocking her at school, and Haejung really didn't want to see him again.

What a weird guy. Okay....cute weird guy. VERY cute weird guy.

"I'm just, you know," Haejung waved her hands around as she elaborated "I'm just looking around for suspicious looking people." she eyed one guy who was wearing a beanie and sunglasses.

Mrs Yoo laughed, amused and shaking her head. "Well you do that while you go to the vegetable section." she told her daughter. "I'll go and pick out the meats."

Haejung nodded as she and her mother split up for the grocery shopping to stock up their ingredients for the eatery.

Haejung picked out a cauliflower and weighed it carefully, putting it into the grocery basket. She was about to choose two really nice cabbages, when she suddenly felt that shiver down her spine again.

The shiver when she felt someone watching her in class.

Haejung whipped her head around and swallowed. The Ahjumma that was beside her looked at her curiously and followed her line of sight and didn't see anything.

Was it her imagination or did someone just duck behind the shelf of baking power?

Haejung bit her lip and looked down again. She must be imagining. If it was that Luhan guy from yesterday....it'd be freaky. Really freaky.

Haejung chose the cabbages carefully and then she felt it again. That gaze. She peeked out behind her fringe, not tilting her head up.

And she saw this familiar looking guy wearing a grey and red baseball jacket looking at her. Her heart stopped. It was him!! That Luhan guy!

Haejung let out a squeal and she randomly picked five cabbages without looking and shoved them into the grocery basket, running over to her mother.

"UMMA!!" she whispered urgently. "Let's go now!"

Mrs Yoo raised her brows. "Huh? Did something happen?" she asked. "I haven't even finish choosing the ribs."

"Then choose it quickly, umma!" Haejung urged. She looked around again and swallowed. "I saw that strange guy from yesterday. The one that said I was his girlfriend!"

Mrs Yoo raised her brows. "That good-looking guy?" she asked, amused. "It doesn't mean he's following you around, Haejung. It's just the supermarket, everyone has rights to come."

Haejung bit her lip. That's true. "But...but it's freaky!" she whispered, her eyes rounding and looking around suspiciously.

Mrs Yoo laughed and shook her head wordlessly. Whoever it was that got onto her daughter's nerves like this, she'd really like to meet.

-------

Haejung went back to the eatery, carrying the bucket of newly marinated kimchi her mother had made. Mrs Yoo was already at the eatery cooking when she realized she forgot to bring the kimchi over.

Being Saturday, Haejung helped out for the full day at the eatery. She went home to get the kimchi before the customers came and demanded for it.

Just before she pushed the door opened, she glanced into the glass doors of the eatery and saw a glimpse of that familiar red and grey baseball jacket.

She froze. "Oh my gosh." she gasped.

Haejung barged into the eatery with renewed vigor, slamming the kimchi down on the nearest table and running to the kitchen. Her eyes widened when she saw that her suspicions were confirmed, that guy she saw from outside was indeed Luhan.

"What are you doing here?" Haejung gasped and tugged at Luhan's sleeve, trying to drag him out. He stood steadily as he faced her, his face brightening. "Oh Jungie! You're here!"

Mrs Yoo looked between her daughter and Luhan curiously. "Haejung ah, you already know Luhan?"

Haejung swallowed. "He's the freaky guy I was talking about, Umma! We have to get him to leave!" she insisted.

Haejung grabbed Luhan's arm and pulled it over her shoulders, turning around and trying to pull him with her towards the door. But Luhan seemed to be glued permanently on the floor he was standing on and didn't even try to resist.

"You mad stalker, you have to leave!! Now!" Haejung insisted, tugging at his arm till her face turned red.

Luhan scratched his head. "Jungie, are you trying to get me to move?" he asked innocently. "You won't move me that way." he pointed out the obvious.

Haejung huffed and wiped her palms, crossing her arms. "So use your own legs and walk out of here then!" she harrumphed.

"I can't." Luhan shook his head, his large eyes looking at her expressively.

Haejung flinched. Damn those teary eyes.

"Umma!" Haejung looked at her mother for help. Mrs Yoo shrugged apologetically. "I'm sorry Haejung but Luhan's right. He can't leave." she smiled and handed the Eatery's signature maroon apron to Luhan. "Because he's now an employee of the eatery."

"YOU SAY WHAT?" Haejung's eyes popped wide opened and she stared at her mother like her mother suddenly declared she liked cockroaches and thought they were pretty.

She glanced at Luhan who was already putting on the apron and looking perfect, as if he always worked there.

"How---why---when---?" Haejung gaped at her mother in surprise. Mrs Yoo chuckled. "We were never enough for this eatery, Haejung. I talked about hiring an extra pair of hands before but didn't because we can't afford it. Now Luhan's proposing a really affordable rate and I can't miss it." she reasoned.

She smiled as Luhan took a cloth and already began wiping the table tops. "But what about me?" Haejung whispered urgently.

Mrs Yoo raised her brows. "What about you? You've got this handsome guy around so what's the big deal?" she grinned.

"Umma!"

 

 

"May I take your order please?" Haejung smiled at the group of high school girls that arrived in the eatery.

They looked disappoint to see her and pointed at Luhan. "Can we please have that handsome guy to take our order?" one bravely asked.

Haejung rolled her eyes. "Luhan!" she hollered.

Luhan perked up at her voice and went over immediately with a bright smile. "What does Jungie want?" he beamed.

The girls swooned and cooed, fanning themselves. Haejung shoved the notebook and pencil at him. "Take their orders. I'll prepare the food with umma." she snapped, striding away.

Luhan pouted at her cold attitude and turned slowly to the girls. His eyes widened slightly at them as they smiled and giggled, waving shyly at him. "Hello oppa~ what's your name?"

Luhan scratched his head. "Uh I'm Luhan. I'm Jungie's boyfriend." he pointed behind at Haejung.

The girls stilled and glanced back at that nerdy Ahjumma girl that seemed to come out from a 1960 movie. "Are you sure?" one blurted without thought.

Luhan smiled and nodded happily. "Neh! She's my Jungie!" he declared proudly.

Mrs Yoo peeked out if the kitchen and chuckled at Luhan's actions. She had some reservations about him at first. He was practically a stranger and now that she knew he was the one following Haejung, that made him more suspicious.

But looking at this innocent and adorable guy right there, was it even possible for him to have an ulterior motive?

"Interesting." Mrs Yoo smiled to herself.

------

The day finally ended with Luhan pestering Haejung all day and she didn't respond much besides barking at him to leave her alone.

Luhan never seemed to be disheartened in any way and he remained positive throughout his unsuccessful attempts.

The eatery made more money than it had for three days added up together. Luhan's pretty face was by far the most effective commercial they had ever seen and so many girls had come over to peek at him.

But the thing about Luhan was that he didn't seem to notice how all the other girls were interested in him. He only saw Haejung.

"See you tomorrow, Luhan. No need to come too early to show your face, or you could just quit instead, that's even better." Haejung enthused.

Luhan laughed and shook his head. "I'm coming, Jungie."

Haejung flinched. "Don't call me that." she mumbled. She closed the eatery with her mother and the two walked in the direction of home, that was a few blocks away.

To Haejung's amazement, Luhan began trailing behind them in the same direction. They walked for a bit until they turned right at a cross road.

Luhan turned right.

Haejung frowned. They walked past a river and crossed an over was bridge.

Luhan was right behind them.

Haejung couldn't take it any longer as Luhan seemed to be following them where they went. "Are you following us?" she whipped around, frowning.

Luhan looked at Mrs Yoo for help and the mother turned her daughter back to the direction of home. "He may just be staying near us or something, Haejung. Don't be rude."

Haejung pouted and nodded.

But as they arrived at the doorstep of their house, Luhan stopped as well. Haejung growled and whipped her head behind to glare at him. "Now there's no way you can say you weren't following us!"

Luhan blinked. "But I stay here." he pointed at the rooftop apartment of that block.

Haejung rolled her eyes. "Are you dumb? That's our house....." she trailed off, gulping.

She turned and snapped her head towards her mother who smiled sheepishly.

"I guess this is time to tell you that Luhan's staying with us?" Mrs Yoo smiled.

Haejung choked on air. "EHHHH?!!!"