Shopping

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Wake up wake up."

Haejung squinted, shivering slightly. Damn, it's been ages since she woke up cold without her blanket because of a certain warm robot, and now without him, she was shivering on her bed with the blanket on the floor.

"Wake up." a tiny hand shook her arm.

Haejung opened her eyes slowly and saw Mason's head just beside her. "Luhan Appa says if I don't wake noona up, I can't eat breakfast. Mason is hungry. Wake up noona." he shook her.

Haejung nodded and got up, her eyes clothes. "Arraso Mason." she stretched and yawned. "Tell your appa I'm awake so you can eat now."

Mason looked back hopefully at Luhan and he shook his head. "Nope Mason. I said if you wake your umma up and get her to wash up. Remember?" he taunted.

Mason pouted. "Noona, get out of bed you have to wash up." he pulled on Haejung's fingers.

"Oh and you've got to call Jungie, Haejung Umma." Luhan added with an afterthought.

Mason sulked and crossed his arms, looking at the ground. "Hae...jung...hamua." he said quickly.

Haejung broke into a smile. "Say that again, Mason. I didn't catch that." she giggled, leaning down to his eye level. Mason looked away grudgingly. "Haejung umma." he mumbled unwillingly.

Haejung smiled brightly and looked up at Luhan who beamed back. He ruffled her hair and pulled her to her feet. "You've got to get up and let our son lead yo to the wash room or Mason doesn't get anything to eat!" he sang. "Mason, remember what we practiced?" he warned.

Mason nodded and ran over to Haejung, holding her hand. Haejung smiled, amused. "Umma, Mason will lead you to the toilet." he pointed at the door. Haejung chuckled and patted his head. "Thank you, kind sir."

Mason brightened and blinked at her, happy with her response. She let herself be guided by him and smiled back at Luhan. He leaned towards her and whispered in her ear.

"See? Our son's going to like you as much as I do. Just give him time."

 

 

 

The school had given them an off to take care of the kids. They couldn't imagine what it would be like if they suddenly brought a whole bunch of kids to school anyway, so the "couples" were given a day off with their "children" before the kids would have to leave the next night.

Luhan and Haejung brought Mason out to a nearby shopping mall to get some shopping done, the groceries and hopefully some toys for Mason to bring back to the orphanage. It seemed Mason didn't go out of the orphanage much, because he seemed absolutely delighted to be out as he bounced around, asking questions about every single thing he saw.

Luhan and Haejung held on to both sides of Mason's hands like real parents did, and lifted him up occasionally with Mason's request. A little game which Mason called "Flying."

"Appa, what is that?" Mason tugged on Luhan's hand and pointed an Apple store. "Oh that?" Luhan smiled. "That's a shop selling iPhones and iPods and iPads..." he trailed off, seeing Mason's confused expression.

"Aigoo. That's a shop that sells mini televisions, Mason." Haejung told him. "These mini televisions can be used to talk to other people or send messages."

"Ahh..." Mason nodded. He looked up at Haejung. "Thank you.....Haejung...noon...umma." he mumbled, struggling with himself.

Luhan looked at Haejung over Mason's head. "That was a cute explanation." he chuckled. "Mini televisions huh?"

Soon Mason bombarded them with another difficult question to answer. "Luhan Appa! That are those?" Mason blinked curiously at a lingerie shop. Haejung paled and she scratched her head. Luhan blinked at the shop, his lips.

Well he didn't know what a girl and a guy did in a hotel together, but he at least did know what were bras and .

"Uhm those are...." Luhan looked at Haejung for help and she shook her head. She didn't have answers for that one. "Those are...."

Mason blinked, curious. "Are those toys, Appa? Why are they so colorful and round?" he scratched his head, looking up at the model at the glasscase, wearing the latest and iest lingerie set.

"Oh Mason look! Ice cream!" Luhan pointed at the Ben & Jerry outlet. "Want to eat ice cream, Mason?"

"YES!" Mason bounced. "Can we?"

"Let's go then." Luhan immediately scooped Mason up with one arm and took Haejung's hand in his other hand, leading them away from the darned lingerie shop as quickly as possible. The worst thing was to lie to a kid that bras were toys. The next thing they would want for christmas was a toy they never had: A bra.

Haejung let Luhan's eye and she grinned. "Quick thinking." she mouthed. Luhan nodded, pretending to use her hand to wipe away his perspiration. Haejung laughed and nudged his shoulder, shaking her head in amusement.

Mason watched the interaction in interest, taking in his umma and appa's chemistry.

They arrived at the Ben & Jerry's store and Luhan whipped out his wallet where he had kept all the money Mrs Yoo had slipped him everyday since the beginning when he started to live with the Yoos. "Mason, what flavor do you want?"

Mason looked around at the ice cream through the glass and stuck his cheek against it, staring. "Woah."

"Yes woah." Haejung chuckled, amused. "Choose your ice cream, Mason."

Mason pouted and thought for a long time. "Appa...I want all the flavors." he complained. "Mason can't choose." Luhan patted Mason's head. "Arraso."

Luhan pointed at the advertisement. "Annyeong Ahjusshi. Can we get a family set with all the flavors?" he pointed. The Ahjusshi looked from Luhan to Mason to Haejung. "You three....are family?"

Luhan nodded and slung his arm around Haejung's shoulders, his right arm still holding Mason. "Yeah can't you tell?" he beamed proudly. "My beautiful wife and son!" he announced.

The Ahjusshi raised his brows. "It seems your son only took your genes huh?" he snorted, eying Haejung up and down and wondering how a nerd like her would have a son so cute and a husband this handsome. "Your wife looks nothing like your son."

Haejung ducked her head down out of instinct and stared at the floor. Luhan opened his mouth to defend Haejung when someone else spoke up instead. "You meanie." Mason stared up at the Ahjusshi.

The Ahjusshi stared at Mason in surprise. "What did you say, kid?"

"My umma is pretty." Mason announced loudly. "Mason doesn't want ice cream from evil Ahjusshi. Appa." he tugged on Luhan's hand. Luhan harrumphed and put Mason on his shoulders and took Haejung's hand.

"Mason. Jungie. Let's find somewhere else to eat." he said loudly. He led the family unit away, with the Ajusshi staring in utter shock and embarrassment as the other customers in the Ben & Jerry's store shook their heads in disgust at the Ahjusshi store holder.

Haejung smiled at Mason who was sitting on Luhan's shoulders. "Thank you for sticking up for me, Mason."

Mason pinked and pulled at Luhan's hair. "Appa said Umma's pretty." he mumbled. "What Appa says must be true. Mason thinks it's true."

Haejung broke into a pleasant smile as Luhan poked her cheek. "Aigoo." he chuckled. "Let's find some other thing to eat okay? How about waffles?"

"YESS!!!" Mason squealed.

 

 

 

"Ready for bed Mason?" Luhan carried the sleepy Mason back to their room.

The three of them had a marvellous time after the incident at the shopping mall. They had paid for Mason to go into a children's playground and had sat at the corner with other parents as they watched Mason have fun.

In the end, Haejung didn't know where Luhan managed to get Rabbits and Bear costumes for them and they changed, clambering into the children's playground to play with Mason and the other kids as well.

They had a lot of fun and Haejung realized that even though being a mother was kind of tough, especially when Mason fell down at some point and began wailing, but it was utterly satisfying as well. She wasn't ready to be a mother at her age, but she didn't have that much fears about the idea of motherhood either.

Mason rubbed his eyes and looked around the room. "Appa. Mason wants to sleep with Umma tonight." he slurred.

Luhan smiled. "Arraso." He carried Mason to Haejung's bed and she let out some space for him. Mason snuggled against Haejung and closed his eyes, snoring lightly in no time. Luhan watched in amusement. "And to think he disliked you yesterday."

"You were the one who made him like me." Haejung shrugged.

"No. He likes you because you're who you are." Luhan ruffled her hair. "Just like how I do." he made Haejung lie down and tucked them both in.

"Goodnight Mason." he whispered. "Goodnight Jungie."

Haejung smiled and nodded as Luhan turned the light off. She heard him shuffling over to his bunk and she hugged Mason closer to her.

She couldn't help but feel this was how life was supposed to be.

 

 

------

Hello! :D
Remember the polls I asked you guys to participate in?
Well here's the new story:

 

The Dull One [CLICK]

 

Hope to see you there!