You're Next

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"X-Xiumin Oppa." Haejung stuttered, gulping hard. A shiver ran down her spine involuntarily and she her lips. She was going to be sick.

She glanced at Xiumin and saw him looking paler than usual as he looked back at her with the same panicked look on his face. "We have to take pictures." he whispered.

Haejung nodded. Just then, the door they were leaning against was pushed opened violently and Xiumin quickly grabbed onto Haejung's hand, looking for a place to hide.

That was, until they realized who the people were.

"Hyung!" Tao blurted. Kris hushed Tao and the boys quietened down, listening as another series of footsteps passed the corridor. The people walked past and Lay let out a sigh of relief. "Found evidences, guys?"

Kris nodded. "Yeah. The memory cleaning pills." he showed the guys the photos. Chen nodded. "We found the Recharging pills." he shared his pictures.

"What about you two?" Chen blinked at Haejung and Xiumin. Xiumin let out a strangled sound and pointed to the room they were in. It was at that moment that the EXO-M boys finally saw for themselves what room they were in.

Tao paled and slumped against Lay. "Human hearts?" He gasped. "I'm going to puke. I'm serious. I'm so serious. Oh my gosh." he pounded on his chest, squeezing his eyes shut.

Haejung trembled, scared, and Kris gave her a small smile. "We can do this." he assured. Being the duizhang, Kris quickly took out his phone and led the group forward. They came to the first glass container and saw a red muscled heart inside the gel, connected to wires and stuff.

Although it wasn't attached to a human body, it was thumping. In. Out. In. Out.

Haejung felt like she would faint any moment. It was a human heart.

"Oh Sehun." Lay read, looking sick himself. "This heart belongs to Oh Sehun." he whispered. He looked around the room and saw similar containers with red thumping hearts inside. "Oh my gosh. This room contains all the 'robots' original hearts."

Haejung stumbled on her step just then, feeling the bile rise up in . Chen supported her arm and squeezed it assuringly, though his palms were sweaty and cold from shock. "That means....Luhan's heart might be here too?" she whispered.

The boys shuddered. "Let's look for it and take the picture, guys." Kris whispered. They took careful steps, averting their eyes when they saw red thumping hearts in every glass container.

It was sick. Pure sick.

How could anyone thinking to extract the heart from a living person, it was just plain insanity. It was more than inhumane. Yang Joowan was the spawn of the devil.

They passed by a few other muscled organs. Park Chanyeol's. Do Kyungsoo's. Kim Jongin's.

Haejung heaved and Chen miraculously found a plastic bag in his jacket's pockets and held it up to her face as she puked her morning's breakfast out. She shuddered, her face green and tears trickling down her face.

They finally made it to the end and found the heart they were looking for.

LUHAN.

Five letters. One organ. And all of them nearly broke down on the spot.

"They switched the human heart organ with a mechanical generator in the body?" Tao whispered. "But why? What good would it do? Why don't they just hire these boys and make them pretend to be robots? Why try to change the human body?"

"Because it's the most effective way."

As soon as that voice rang out, the six of them spun on their heels, their eyes falling on the last person they wanted to see right then. Dressed in his usual red suit and his long hair tied in a low ponytail, Yang Joowan gave a sneaky grin. "Hello, who do we have here?"

Haejung paled. Oh no.

"Ah Haejung." Dr Yang snickered. "Come back to try to get your beloved boyfriend? So what? Now that you know your Luhan isn't a robot, you want him back?"

"He's not yours to own." Haejung hissed back despite the fear rumbling in her tummy. "You're sick."

"No, I'm genius." Dr Yang snickered. "And I'm going to be the world's biggest billionaire."

Lay shook his head, frowning. This guy was the bane of humanity, an utter disgrace. For money, he was doing such gross things to well and living humans. It was awful.

"You're doing all these for money?" Kris frowned. "Pure hard cash? You're seriously demented."

Dr Yang rolled his eyes. "Hah! You don't know what money brings you, but whatever. I'm going to be a billionaire and no one can stop me." his eyes narrowed on Haejung. "But since you all are so nice to visit me here, why don't I tell you guys a story huh?" he laughed, making everyone shiver.

The gang didn't dare speak nor move an inch even though it was six against one.

"Once upon a time, a young man thought he was able to make robots that ressemble humans so much, that even humans themselves couldn't tell the difference." Dr Yang snickered. "And he found he was so wrong."

 


 

"DAMN IT!" A young twenty seven year old Yang Joowan cursed, kicking the stupid robot he had built. "Stupid piece of junk!"

He let out a scream and growled, frowning. He cried for a whole hour until his tears were finally dry and there were none left to cry. He looked back at the limps of the robot he had constructed, scattered around the floor.

Yang Joowan had wanted to build a robot that would overtake the human body. A robot that would exceed human limits, that would stun the entire world. And he knew this was going to infiltrate the society, that his robots would be indispensible one day.

But the problem was that his robots weren't coming true.

He couldn't even construct a similar material to the human skin. He tried leather, PVC, sillicon, and a thousand different types of materials. But none of them were even close to the human skin.

What about the robot's eyes? The robot's actions?

The robots he created were robots from head to toe. They moved mechanically, they looked nothing like a person, they didn't perform as he expected.

And what was worse was that his robots had no feelings. They couldn't conduct a relevant and intelligent conversation no matter how many upgrades to the program Yang Joowan made. They were just robots. Dead.

Yang Joowan growled and punched the table. He needed his big break, and what more, he owed his friend Lusheng tons of money. Lusheng didn't say anything, but Yang Joowan knew he wasn't too happy about it.

Yang Joowan went out to take a walk, wondering how to solve his problem. Until his eyes fell on a certain pretty boy who was humming a tune and walking down the street.

A thought entered Yang Joowan's mind. *If I can create a robot that looked like that, money would be rolling in non stop.* he thought. He followed behind the guy for a while, wondering what to do about it.

He finally grabbed a metal rod from one of the dumps and crept behind the pretty boy. He tapped on the boy's shoulder and the boy wheeled around curiously.

And that was when Yang Joowan hit him on the head. And that was the first time Yang Joowan kidnapped someone.

 


 

"And that guy was Kim Jaejoong?" Haejung whispered in horror.

Yang Joowan's eyes widened. "How did you know about Jaejoong?" Haejung flustered and dusted her shorts. "Uh nothing I just..."

"Whatever." Yang Joowan rolled his eyes. "Anyway, Kim Jaejoong was the third guy I kidnapped. The first one was Jang Yunho and the second Kim Junsu."

"Where are they? What happened..." Tao squeaked.

"They died of course." Yang Joowan shrugged, smirking sinisterly. "My memory cleaning pills and recharging pills weren't that advanced yet. Jaejoong was unfortunate, I really thought I nailed it!"

The gang shuddered.

"But why...? Why did you have to erase their memories? Why did you have to make them into robtos? Why did you have to....to retract their hearts?" Chen winced.

"I thought about hiring pretty boys to rent them out." Yang Joowan tapped his chin. "And I did it before. But it didn't work of course, stupid humans and their stupid feelings. So many of them finally left the company because their fell in love with their client or had commitments or whatever. It was annoying and so difficult to maintain my employee number."

"I had to erase their memories so that they remained dedicated to me." Yang Joowan smirked. "I had to make them feel but not too deeply so that they couldn't be swayed. But I am a perfectionist after all, what good would a robot be if his capabilities are only limited to a regular human body?"

"So you came up with the recharging pills." Kris's mouth went dry. "The human heart generator thing."

"Well if I say so myself I'm quite proud of the generator I invented." Yang Joowan smirked. "The human heart can only handle that much exercise but my generator is stronger than any heart. It enables the body to last longer than average humans, almost like a superhuman robot."

"That's sick. That's sick sick sick!!!" Haejung heaved, squeezing her eyes shut.

Yang Joowan snickered. "Idiots. Don't dwell too much on your beloved Luhan, after all I think I'm disposing him soon. He isn't worth anything anymore since he couldn't forget about you, idiot." he growled. "But at least I got my revenge on Lusheng. Hah!"

Yang Joowan snapped his fingers and a dozen guards marched into the room. The gang huddled together in fear.

Yang Joowan smirked and his gaze landed on the EXO-M boys. "Like how the hearts are stored here, boys?" he snickered.

"Because you guys are next."