Money Business

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"What are we doing here, gathered so secretly for?" Tao frowned, scratching his head.

The leader of the EXO-M boys, Kris, had suddenly used his super leader powers and summoned them all to the restroom together. Which was hella strange because boys weren't like girls and they didn't go to the toilet in a flock. (Well my class guys do sometimes just to spite us girls when we go in a flock..but yeah)

The people in the cafeteria blinked in surprise when all six handsome boys went to the restroom together, or rather, Kris going to the toilet while he pulled the other five along with him.

They left Haejung alone at the table which Luhan wasn't very happy about, and he couldn't wait to get back to her. "Yeah Kris, what's this important thing you wanted to talk about?" he urged.

Kris rolled his eyes. "A bunch of impatient ninnies you guys are." he mumbled under his breath. "We've got to plan for Hajeung's birthday that's what."

Chen nodded, understanding. "Oh. Yeah what are we going to do for her birthday?" he asked, his eyes gleaming with the thousand and one possibilities running through his mind.

"Well what I think is that we should bring her out that day." Xiumin pointed out. "She shouldn't be working on the day of her birthday, especially this monumental event of turning twenty. Let's talk to Mrs Yoo about this, I'm sure she'll agree."

"Yeah." Lay nodded. "But where should we bring her?"

"We can decide that later. Maybe the Lotte World or the Movies, or maybe go clubbing. I mean, she's turning twenty right?" Kris shrugged. "The main thing I wanted to talk about was the presents. Are we pooling for a present together?"

Chen frowned. "I don't think we should. Afterall it's her twentieth. She shouldn't get a single present from the six of us." he pointed out. "I don't know about you guys but I'm going to give her one myself." He had already thought about the whole thing.

Xiumin nodded. "Arraso. So we all get a present for her, settled?" he looked around. His eyes narrowed in on Tao and he scowled. "And please wrap it nicely."

Tao's eyes widened and he raised his hands in protest. "Hey! I can wrap nicely!"

"Judging by how his kimbap looked like the other time in Home Economics, I highly doubt so." Lay mumbled under his breath. The few of them discussed about a few more details before them made their way back to the cafeteria again.

Haejung pouted at them and blew on her bangs. "What took you guys so long!" she complained, rolling her eyes. There was a series of coos from the side when other male students saw her cute expressions.

Haejung pinked and ducked her head. Luhan sat down next to her and tilted her head up again. "Don't do that." he whispered. He smiled at her. "We just...needed to go to the rest room."

"All at the same time?" Haejung narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously. "Especially you? You need to go to the restroom? Aren't you a robot?" she whispered.

Luhan chuckled and ruffled her hair, much to her annoyance. "Can't a robot go to the toilet?" he asked back. "Afterall, this robot is different." Haejung rolled her eyes and gave him a "hmph!" before turning back to her own bento.

He smiled at her softly. *This robot is different because you gave him a birthday. And i'm going to find the best birthday present for you, Jungie. Just for you.*

 

 

 

Luhan dragged the bags of groceries with him without breaking a sweat and he walked down the crowded street that was filled with teenagers.

He had requested to go grocery shopping alone for the eatery that afternoon, much to Haejung's surprise since he always made her go with him so that they could have some time alone together. Which was quite a pleasant surprise since she could stay in the eatery and finish her homework. Luhan never seem to do his, but he got his A's in class anyway so the Professor didn't bother him.

Luhan looked around the road side stalls, trying to look for a perfect birthday gift for Haejung. He didn't have enough money to get something from the proper shops in malls, he could only settle for something cheaper like in the street market.

Though his terms for employment had been a roof over his head in the beginning, Mrs Yoo had given him a daily allowance as much as she could afford. He had saved it all up and that was spent daily on treating the EXO-M boys to drinks and food.

He really hoped he didn't have such financial limitations because he really wanted to give Haejung the best birthday present ever, but the situation just rendered him helpless. Still, he hoped to find something perfect amongst the seemingly cheap stuff.

His eyes roamed around the stalls, from hair accessories to soft toys, to hats and scarves and handphone covers. He scratched his head in puzzlement. What should he get her, especially for a twentieth birthday?

*Something to remind her of me.* he thought, smiling. He knew he had to leave her some day, because he was a robot and she was a human. Their worlds clash in every sense.

But he hoped he would remain his her heart for a long long time, because he knew she would be in his. That was, if he had one.

There were ahjummas and ahjusshis around that called out to him and beckoned for business but Luhan shook his head. The things they sold didn't look good enough. Nothing was good enough for Haejung.

And then he saw it.

A pair of adorable robot couple necklaces.

8arobot1.jpg8crobot.jpg

He stopped in his tracks and a bright smile lit his face. "Ahjumma how much is this?" he lifted the female robot, his smile getting wider. It was more than he had imagined.

"Oh these?" the Ahjumma smiled. "These are two hundred thousand won."

Luhan's face fell. Two hundred thousand won???! Damn that was like fifty bowls of Kimchi Jjigae. He only had around seventy thousand won with him and that was all his savings.

He immediately regretted letting Xiumin con him into buying drinks for the rest of the EXO-M boys that day. Aish that bun boy.

"What's the problem young lad? Too expensive?" the Ahjumma blinked.

Luhan nodded with a pout. "Ahjumma is it possible to just....lower it by a little bit? he pleaded. The Ahjumma sighed. "The most I can give you is a hundred eighty thousand won. I'm only making very little profit for that price. Take it or leave it young man."

Luhan bit his lip. That's still ridiculously high.

"Ahjumma, can you not sell them yet?" Luhan asked desperately. "I'll try to get enough money and you reserve them for me, please?"

The Ahjumma broke into a smile. "Sure thing. I hardly see another guy more devoted than you are." she praised. "I'll reserve for you till this saturday. If you don't come and buy it before then, I'll sell it to whoever wants it first."

Luhan nodded gratefully. Just the time he needed. Haejung's birthday was on Saturday.

"Thank you Ahjumma!!" Luhan beamed and ran back to the eatery with the groceries. He thought to himself a little while later. *How to get the money??*

 

 

 

"Jungie." Luhan poked Haejung's cheek while she was doing another essay. Although Haejung seemed to be in the media faculty, she was most probably going to be a news reporter or writer or anything of the likes because she just couldn't stop writing all the time.

"Yeah?" Haejung murmured half-heartedly, her anti-thesis going strong.

"I was wondering, do you know any quick methods of earning money?" Luhan asked. "Like seriously seriously quick."

Haejung blinked at him, taking a few moments to get his question. "Money? Doesn't Umma give you enough?" she asked pointedly. "If you need, I have some savings. I can lend you some."

Luhan shook his head. How could he borrow money for her to buy her a gift? That's retarded.

"No no. Just asking." Luhan puffed his cheeks. "So?"

Haejung put down her pen and looked at him. "Well for someone with your face, you can sell kisses or something. I think those girls at school would pay millions for that."

Luhan's face contorted. "Kiss someone other than you? No thank you."

He said it so a matter of factly that Haejung couldn't help but blush. "Well you can take up part time jobs too." Haejung shrugged. "Like what you're doing now at the eatery."

Luhan nodded. That sounded feasible.

He smiled brightly at her. "Arraso!" he exclaimed, burrowing into her covers and giggling to himself. Haejung rolled her eyes and aimed a pen at him.

"Go to your own bed!"