Why?

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

The more Chen thought about it, the more suspicious it seemed.

He thought back to the day when EXO-M helped out at the Eatery and he offered to get his father's car to drive Luhan and Haejung home. He remembered how panicky Haejung was when he offered to drive her home, and how she quickly covered for Luhan that he needed to go grocery shopping.

It was really strange behavior.

And his thoughts trailed to that particular morning when the Professor passed the list of student particulars down the row for them to check. He was a little embarrassed to admit this, but at that point of time, he had been looking in Haejung's direction.

To be honest, he had been looking in that direction for a while now. But that's not the point.

He saw her turn pale when she saw the list and she spoke something to Luhan. Then she quickly made a grab for her black marker pen and crossed over her particulars madly, as if she was afraid for anyone else to find out where she was living.

When the piece of paper was finally passed into Chen's hands, he looked up for Haejung's name and saw that she had really cancelled her particulars with the black marker and not a tiny bit of the original address and phone number could be seen.

Except the last four numbers of the house phone. He squinted at it for a long time before realizing that it looked like 4887. He looked at Luhan's home phone number particulars and his blood ran cold.

It too ended with the same four numbers.

It couldn't be right? Luhan and Haejung were staying together? But she said they weren't dating and he was just working at the eatery that's why they were close. Staying together was something out of the ordinary, really, and Chen didn't know what to think.

He found himself wondering if there were enough rooms for each of them and if Haejung and Luhan shared a room. He shuddered when he thought Luhan had the chance to see first thing in the morning and the last thing at night.

Oh poor Chen, you don't even know a single thing about the truth.

"Hey are you done?" Xiumin whispered. "Pass it down!" The bun hyung kicked at Chen's chair. Chen nodded and quickly ticked at his name before handing the list to Xiumin.

He looked back to the front of the class and his eyes landed on Luhan and Haejung. Those two... their relationship had been strange from the beginning.

Luhan appearing suddenly in the middle of the term. Luhan declaring he was friends with the untouchable Yoo Haejung whom no one wanted to talk to. The Luhan who didn't seem to talk to them about his family or home at all.

What was going on?

 

 

 

"Hyung." Chen blurted during lunch suddenly.

The EXO-M boys and Haejung were currently sitting at their prime positions at the cafeteria with tons of girls trying to squeeze into the tables near them and trying to eavesdrop onto their conversations. Which was why the EXO-M boys often talked in whispers or they chose to move the topic of their conversation to safe and boring grounds till their fangirls grew bored.

Oh~ The first-world troubles of an idol~

"Yeah?" Luhan responded, munching on a rib. The robot Luhan had taken to eating with the EXO-M boys every lunch. He realized with a start that he could actually extract energy from physical food, just like humans. And it made his human act more convincing as well.

Hence he had started a new routine of eating lunch and only swallowing the recharging pill once every two days instead of every single day.

"Where do you live, Luhan Hyung?" Chen asked. "Why don't you talk about your parents or your house or invite us to your place? Where did you live before you moved here and transferred to this school?"

Luhan looked back at Haejung who stilled, looking at him in alarm.

"Yeah, you never talk about your family." Kris nodded, noticing the fact now that Chen brought it up. "And you never invite us to your house either. Yah punk." he made a face. "Is this how you're going to treat us?"

Luhan laughed uneasily. "It's not that I don't want to bring you guys to my house..." he swallowed. Damn, why was Chen so curious. He was too curious for his own good!

"I can't let you guys to my house because..." Luhan thought madly, willing his powerful disk to come up with a perfect answer. "Because it's under renovation right now." he blurted.

Haejung let out a sigh of relief. *Good thinking.*

"Oh really?" Xiumin asked with his mouth full. "And you're living there while the house is being renovated?"

Luhan nodded. "My room is the only one that isn't being renovated so yeah. About my family....they're....out of the country at the moment." he fibbed. "Busy people, they are."

Chen narrowed his eyes at Luhan and tried to see where his hyung's fingers were. He noticed that when Luhan lied, he tended to play with his fingers in this nervous awkward manner that made his lying attempts unsuccessful from the beginning.

Luhan's hands were folded in front of his chest and covered by the bag that was on Luhan's lap. Damn.

"Aww does that mean you're always alone?" Tao asked. "You can always come meditate with me at the mountains once in a while!" he offered.

"No one wants to meditate with you, you idiot." Lay rolled his eyes. Tao pouted and secretly flicked a sesame seed onto Lay's face, which successfully stuck on Lay's cheek. Tao grinned in triumph.

"It's okay. I'm not lonely at all." Luhan smiled gratefully, casting a glance back at Haejung meaningfully. Haejung pinked. Of course he wasn't lonely, he stuck with her almost twenty four hours of the day, besides the times she was in the bathroom herself.

She had grown so used to his company now that she realized she didn't feel loneliness like she always did in the past anymore. This robot changed her life quite some bit.

Haejung got out of her seat and excused herself to the toilet and left. Luhan watched her, a stinging hurt and uncomfortable feeling gathering at his chest. He didn't like lying to the EXO-M boys and he really wanted to tell the truth about him staying at Haejung's house.

What's the big deal about letting everyone know? He kind of had this possessive thing about him that made him want to claim her as his to every single living soul out there.

And he didn't understand her reasons either. She explained, yes. But he thought those weren't very valid points. Especially in a social relationship with other people, Luhan was taught that honesty was the best policy. He didn't want to lie.

"Hey guys," Luhan blurted. "I want to ask you guys something."

"Is it about a girl and a guy going to a hotel room again?" Kris's eyes widened in panic. "I told you hyung! They're there to eat cookies!"

Luhan shook his head. "No no it's not that." he denied. "It's something else. What I want to ask is, if a girl keeps trying to hide a certain connection between you and her from the other people, what does it mean?"

"Do you mean like you and a girl have a certain relationship but that girl doesn't want other people to know?" Xiumin asked intelligently.

Luhan nodded eagerly. "Yeah! That's exactly it!"

"Well, what I think is that maybe the girl doesn't like you enough. Or maybe there's something about you that she finds embarrassing, so she hides you from everyone else." Xiumin explained. "In simple words, you're not good enough for her."

"Why do you want to know about this anyway, hyung?" Tao asked, confused. "Haejung noona and you...?" Chen leaned forward, curious.

"Hahaha no." Luhan quickly hid his hands behind his bag again, much to detective Chen's despair. "I was watching a show and I didn't really get why the actress did that." he fibbed.

He leaned forwards. "But what should the guy do so that the girl isn't embarrassed by him anymore?" he asked curiously.

"Well," Lay shrugged. "It depends on what sort of guy that girl likes. I generally think girls have this deformed mindset that a bad boy is more attractive. I don't get it. You treat them nice and polite and they see you as a friend. You push them away and curse fluently and they think you're handsome. It's contorted, I tell you."

"True true." Kris nodded. "So if I were the guy, maybe I can try to act a little cooler or try to cultivate that bad boy vibe so that the girl would like me. See?"

Luhan nodded in understanding. *Ahh I see. Jungie obviously has a soft spot for bad boys, I mean look at Yoon Doojoon. I have to try to act like him so that she won't be embarrassed by me!* he thought, clapping gleefully in his mind.