Bitter Reunion

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Yang Joowan pushed Kris back into the room in which he kept the EXO-M boys and Haejung captive, shoving him onto the ground roughly. "Bastard kids these days." he muttered under his breath.

He eyed the boys, clutching the Nokia phone in his hand which he had seized from Kris previously. He clenched his fists, throwing the darn phone on the ground and grinding it with his feet.

The boys watched in horror as their only hope of escaping vanished right in front of their eyes.

"You boys are lucky you guys look cute enough to attract females." Yang Joowan spat. "I won't hurt you before I change you into robots. Can't risk your pretty money-making faces, can't we?" he snickered.

Kris growled softly and Chen frowned. The boys glared intensely at Yang Joowan and he rolled his eyes at them. "Glare all you want, kids." he sneered. "You are being guarded by our latest six robots, System 1.1 to 1.6. Their speed and strength outshines even your beloved Luhan. You mortal beings have no way in hell of beating them." he smirked.

"As soon as we have the GPS chips and generators ready, you guys will say goodbye to your human life." Yang Joowan sneered, pausing for maximum effect. "For good."

Dr Yang paused and his eyes narrowed on Haejung, one side of his lips twitching upwards. "Well since this little girl here has found out about the secrets of this company...." he trailed off. He chuckled and leaned forward tauntingly. "We can't let her live, can we?"

The EXO-M boys gasped. "No! You can't do anything to here!" Chen frowned and stood in front of Haejung protectively. "I won't let you." he growled.

Yang Joowan snickered. "Aww how touching. Pledging your love right there or something? Too bad the little girl likes the robot, not you." he spat in glee, obviously enjoying his sadistic motions.

"Shut your trap, you arse." Xiumin glared, cursing out loud for the first time, even for the boys. "We will all protect her." he growled. "If you want us as your pretty robots, you've got to keep her alive." he bargained.

Yang Joowan cackled loudly, as if it was absurdly hilarious. "Are you seriously striking a deal with me when you're captured by me right now?" he asked, snorting in laughter. "That's ridiculous don't you think?"

He walked around, his hands behind his back. "But hey, if she has to die, why not make this fun, right?" he asked, enjoying himself.

Haejung shuddered. She couldn't believe she had actually been thankful to this devil for sending Luhan to her, and had been so utterly grateful that she actually idolized this mad man. He was just a devil. A devil in a red suit.

Yang Joowan narrowed his eyes at Haejung and snickered. "I'm a good man, really." he convinced. He laughed to himself and gestured for the EXO-K robots. "Keep guard. I'll go out for a bit."

He left the room and the six robot boys kept guard of the EXO-M boys and Haejung. Tao clenched his fists and eyed the robot-human-boys. "You think we can handle them?" he whispered to Lay. "I think the Kungfu I've always been practicing is kind of useful now."

Lay shook his head and frowned. "Didn't you hear? They're even stronger and faster than Luhan hyung. They are humans, but genetically modified till they exceed human limitations." he reminded. "And more over it's going to be one against one. We can't beat them."

Tao pouted and blew on his bangs. He eyed the robot boy nearest to him, called Chanyeol. Some freaking tall guy with a cute face which would have attracted a lot of girls and Tao might have wanted to be friends with if not for the fact that they were kind of enemies right then.

"Then what?" he whispered.

Kris eyed the robot boys and spoke up. "Remembered when I asked you guys to go to the Human Heart room on level seven?" he asked. "Did you robots go?"

Baekhyun scratched his head and looked at Suho. The leader nodded. "Yes. We...." he faltered, his cheeks paling that instant and looking confused. Almost human.

"We saw hearts. Human hearts." he whispered. "With our names." He opened his eyes and looked at Kris. There was pure confusion. "Why are there hearts with our names? We are robots, we don't have hearts."

The other robot boys murmured their agreement and confusion. "If only Luhan was here." D.O. mumbled. "He always had answers to our questions."

Kris clicked his fingers and all the robots returned their attention to him. "That's because you guys aren't robots." he told them. "You guys are humans. That Dr Yang you call so affectionately, he kidnapped you and change you guys into robot like things! You guys should help us, you guys should hate him! We should punish that guy for his deeds!" he told them passionately.

The robots blinked. "We....are humans?" Sehun squeaked. "Bu...but..."

Chen found himself sympathising with these boys. They were normal teenagers like him, looking from their late teens to early twenties. And all because of Yang Joowan that bastard, their lives were stolen from them and replaced by stupid emotionless robot lives.

The EXO-M boys weren't the only victims here. These boys were victims too.

"You guys have to help us, stand on our side." Chen convinced. "If you help us, we can defeat that Yang guy. Can't you see? This is helping yourselves too!"

"Helping ourselves.." Kai frowned, considering this. He looked at the other robots. "We are really humans?"

"Yes!" Lay nodded. "You guys are-"

He was cut off when the door opened and the dreaded man in that red suit appeared once again. Yang Joowan raised his brows at the robots who looked rather disturbed and more confused than usual. He frowned and rolled his eyes, ignoring their confused faces.

He snickered at Haejung and pulled someone with him into the room.

All eyes widened.

"LUHAN!" Haejung shrieked, pouncing forward and wrapping her arms around him. Luhan's eyes widened and he automatically pressed closer to her. "Jungie! Jungie Jungie Jungie..." he chanted into her hair, burying his face and taking a deep breath.

"I missed you." Luhan whispered. "I missed you."

Haejung nodded, tears flowing from her eyes. How many times she dreamt of returning to the warmth of his arms, she had forgotten. And now that she returned to his embrace, she really didn't want to leave.

"Touching." Yang Joowan snickered. "A love story. Truly remarkable one too."

He crossed his arms, smirking. "How nice am I, letting you two spend your last few peaceful hours together, huh?" he grinned.

Luhan's head shot up. "What do you mean last?" he demanded, his voice surprisingly steely and strong.

"Well well well..." Yang Joowan smirked and walked around the room. "See this in my hand? And this?" He brought out both his hands. He held a remote control like thing in one hand and a bottle of yellow pills in the other.

Luhan frowned, his arms tightening around Haejung. The boys frowned, especially Kris and Tao who had seen first hand for themselves what those pills were.

"Those are the memory cleaning pills!" Tao blurted in shock.

Luhan frowned and blinked. "Memory cleaning-.." his eyes widened. "I remember now! You forced these down my throat after you forced me back here! I forgot about Jungie after that until I managed to remember!"

"Bingo." Yang Joowan smirked. "You remember now, but if your dear Jungie eats this, she wouldn't remember because she doesn't have your immune system. She'll promptly forget about you."

Yang Joowan's eyes glowed. "And she'll lose all common sense and logic, and she'll only listen to me." he snickered. "So what happens when I pass her a gun and asked her to kill herself?" he sang.

Lay gasped. "SICKO!"

Luhan's fingers dug into Haejung's back till it had to hurt, but Haejung didn't care. She buried her face in his chest, sobbing. She was going to die. She was so going to die. She didn't even get to meet her umma for the last time.

"Don't." Luhan begged. "Don't do it. I'll become your robot again. I'll serve other girlfriends. Please.."

"Well giving her this pill is one option." Yang Joowan nodded. "And here is the other." he raised the remote control in his other hand.

All eyes focused on the remote, even the EXO-K robots.

"Do you know what this red button does?" Yang Joowan asked gleefully. "When I press this..." he pretended to make a big show of pressing the darn button.

He snickered and pretended to shoot Luhan. "Bang! He'll die." he laughed. "Marvellous ain't it?"

"What? No!" Haejung shook her head frantically. Luhan frowned and tightened his hold on her, hushing her. "I'm not afraid. I won't die. I'm a robot remember?"

Yang Joowan rolled his eyes. "You saying this to your creator?" he smirked. "This remote controls the generator that is in place of your heart. If I turn that off.....you'll never live again."

Luhan puffed his chest out. "Whatever. We can find another generator and I'll be working again!"

Haejung shook her head, sobbing loudly. The EXO-M boys were throwing curses and growling madly. Luhan didn't understand, if his current generator was turned off, couldn't they just turn it on again? Like changing batteries or turning on the switch?

"You don't understand, Luhan." Haejung whispered. "You can't be again. Because you're not a robot, you're a human too."

Luhan blinked in utter confusion. "I...?"

Yang Joowan snickered. "So do you understand the stakes now?" he asked. "So what do you choose. His life, or hers?"