Not Enough

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung stared out of the window, staring blankly. Luhan looked over at her, frowning.

She had been behaving weirdly ever since she collected her books from the locker. When Luhan asked if something happened to her, she didn't answer but just faked a smile and told him she was alright.

Which was an outright lie because she wasn't.

What Luhan didn't know was that with so much of Haejung's time devoted to Doojoon in her younger days, she could never give Doojoon up that easily.

It was easier said that done.

You may roll your eyes at her, you may want to throw rotten eggs because it was evident that Doojoon was someone undesirable and not worthy of Haejung's affections.

Yes but if the people who were in love could see the world the way the others did, no one would be heart broken ever.

If you could just stop yourself from loving, if you could control your affections like you control your other body parts, no one would ever choose to fall in love with a scumbag.

But that's the problem. You couldn't choose in love.

Love was something that just was, that didn't involve logic or sense. It would embed itself in your heart and you couldn't stop it if you wanted to.

Haejung sighed to herself. If she hadn't been in love with Yoon Doojoon, things would be sooooo much easier. Couldn't she keep her heart safe with her herself and make it vulnerable by presenting it to someone else at his whim?

"Jungie."

Haejung blinked and looked at Luhan. "We're here." He gently nudged her off her seat. Haejung nodded and followed him off the bus as they walked to the eatery.

Haejung was quiet all the while and was grateful that Luhan didn't chatter like he usual did because he didn't think she would have the strength to respond.

The few words Doojoon said made it very clear to her how he thought about her. He apparently thought no sane man on Earth would fall in love with her.

Perhaps spending time with EXO-M had helped to raise her self confidence a bit, which was why when Doojoon told her that, it was a fresh stab of hurt.

She trudged into the eatery and put on the aprons and got to work immediately. Luhan stared at her and met Mrs Yoo's questioning eyes.

He sighed and shrugged, shaking his head. *I wish I could read minds, Jungie. If I could know what's bothering you, that'd be great.*

 

 

 

"An order of Jajangmyeon and two orders of dumplings." Haejung cited as she presented the orders to the couple seated at one of the tables at the Eatery.

The guy blinked up at her. "Uhm we didn't order this. We ordered two Bibimbap and a large Ox bone soup."

Haejung blinked. "Oh."

She quickly cleared the table. "Mianhae. I must have messed up the order. I'll get your Kimchi stew and Jjigae ready." she murmured.

"No wait its two bibimbaps and an ox bone soup!" the girl called.

Haejung trudged back to the kitchen, not listening. She looked around for bowls to get the kimchi stew when she felt someone place their hand on her shoulder.

"Jungie." Luhan looked down worriedly at her. "You're not in the mental state for work. Are you okay?"

Haejung nodded, wiping some beads of perspiration away. "I'm fine. Just going to get the kimchi stew-"

"They didn't order kimchi stew, Jungie." Luhan sighed, nudging her forehead. "They for Bibimbap and ox bone soup. I'll get their orders, you just stay in the kitchen."

Haejung flinched. "I can handle-"

"Yeah? You messed up four orders already and we haven't been working for two hours yet." Luhan shook his head at her. "Don't if you can't Jungie. Omonim and I can manage." he shot her a sweet smile. "I'm your secret boyfriend remember?"

Haejung swallowed. *Damn. Luhan why must you be so nice to me? You're making me lose touch of reality....* she buried her face in her palms.

 

 

 

"Hot cocoa, Jungie." Luhan murmured, walking into their room. He saw Haejung staring out of the window and sitting at his bunk.

He sat down beside her and set the cup of cocoa down on the table. He pulled Haejung down to rest her head on his lap, and her hair.

Haejung's eyes widened and she tried getting up, but Luhan kept her down. "You need to relax." he cooed. "Close your eyes. I'll give you a facial massage!" he announced as he pulled Haejung's glasses away from her face.

Haejung smiled a little. "System 5.0 knows how to give facial massages too?" she mused.

Luhan chuckled. "Please. System 5.0 can do everything." he boasted. He massaged her temples for a bit and studied her haggard face.

"And system 5.0 is also a very good person to talk to when you're troubled, Jungie." Luhan murmured.

He felt Haejung still on his lap. He sighed and swept her fringe away from her face. "Jungie, what's bothering you?" he asked desperately. "You've been acting strange after getting your books from the lockers yourself. Something happened. You can tell me."

Haejung opened her eyes and stared at him for a few moments. She swallowed and bit her lip.

"You know I've liked Doojoon oppa for a long time." she murmured. "I've liked him since forever, and I kind of forgot why I did now, but I just do."

Luhan nodded, curling a lock of her hair behind her ear.

Haejung stared at the ceiling wordlessly for a few more moments. "I knew Doojoon oppa didn't like me, but I didn't think he'd think so badly of me either." she whispered. "He asked me today, if you and I were together."

She looked at him. "I said no, because you were supposed to be a secret. And when I said no, he laughed. He said he knew I couldn't snag a guy like you. I knew then that he thought I was the last girl he would date on Earth, and it...it's really hurtful, Luhan." a tear trickled.

"People do say that once in a while." Haejung murmured. "When they see my fashion style and see how I focus during class instead of texting, they avoid me. They say I'm undesirable and whatnot but I don't really care what they say. But if Doojoon oppa says that..."

She struggled for a few moments and Luhan pulled her head to rest on his pillow as he laid down beside her. He brought her nearer to him and hugged her tightly without saying anything.

"But am I that horrible?" Haejung croaked. "I mean, I may not be too pretty looking, I know that myself. But why doesn't anyone bother to know me better? Don't I have a good quality inside me at all?"

"Jungie." Luhan whispered, clenching his jaw in pain. "Don't say that."

"But-"

"If you're so horrible why are the EXO-M boys willing to get close to you?" Luhan asked. "They're the only few with enough heart in them to get to know you better, beyond your exterior. And see how they're enjoying being friends with you."

"You are attractive, Jungie." he continued. "If the guy doesn't know how to appreciate you, he's not good enough."

He tilted Haejung's face to look up at him. "What I don't understand, Jungie, is why you like him."

"Isn't the person you're in love with, supposed to make you happy?"

Haejung swallowed. For the first time since she first fell for Doojoon forever ago, she thought Luhan might be right.

Doojoon might not be enough.

 

-----

Hey guys :)

I just wanted to say thank you for voting for this story :) I'm surprised so many of you clicked on that button beside the title (I knew what that was only just)

Im really happy you guys think this deserves to be featured. ^^ Featured or not, thank you ~