EXO-M's new member

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung wanted to find a hole for herself and bury herself in it at once. She hated attention and with Luhan by her side smiling so brightly at her as if he would combust right on the spot from the mere intensity of it wasn't something that made people miss them.

Everyone was looking over at the two of them and trying to figure out the relationship between the two. How did the two of them become friends anyway?

One of the most handsome guys in school and the nerdiest girl in history of South Korea. Talk about opposites attract.

One of the girls bravely went up to ask Luhan. "Luhan oppa, why are you talking to Yoo Haejung?" she frowned. "Why don't you talk to the rest of us instead?" she gestured to her skinny and hot friends behind her. "We are better company." she rolled her eyes subtly at Haejung.

Luhan shook his head. "Haejung is my-mmmfffff!!!!!"

Haejung slammed her hand on his mouth to the shock of the bystanders. Not only were they friends but such close ones too???

She shot him a warning look and panted. "We're just....acquaintance." she murmured. She frowned at Luhan, reminding him of what he promised her of not going around to tell people they were girlfriend boyfriend because in her mind they weren't.

Luhan pouted as Haejung let go of his mouth. "We're friends then." Luhan made a face, not liking the explanation. He grinned at Haejung affectionately. "Very good friends."

The girl watching them choked and looked back at her friends. This guy was hot and cute and everything, but he seriously needed to get a new pair of glasses. Who in the world would want to be VERY GOOD FRIENDS with Yoo Haejung??

Luhan waved goodbye to the girl and went over to Haejung who had somehow slipped away, trying to get away without being seen. "Jungie wait for me!" he wailed, hurrying behind her.

The people who had seen the scene were left in utter shock and disbelief. And it seemed the sun may very well rise from the west the next day.

------

Haejung frowned. "I don't eat in the cafeteria. I find some spot in the garden to eat." she told Luhan. "If you want to go to the cafeteria you can do so yourself and leave me alone thank you very much." she wrinkled her nose at him.

Luhan pouted as he watched Haejung go off with her lunchbox that her mother prepared and rubbed the back of his neck. He was about to follow her when he stopped, his eyes landing on the vending machine.

"Aha~ A drink would be good." Luhan grinned to himself.

He went to queue up for the vending machine while he dug his pants for coins that Mrs Yoo insisted he take. He jingled them expertly in his hands, twirling them in from finger to finger while scanning the drinks available.

When it was his turn, he chose apple green tea because he thought Haejung would like it. "Hope she'll drink it well." Luhan muttered to himself.

He turned to follow Haejung out to the gardens when a hand landed on his shoulder. Luhan turned around to see a handsome face scrutinizing him up to down. "Hey new guy, I'm Doojoon." the guy told him.

Luhan nodded, not knowing what this Doojoon wanted. "Want to join us at our table?" he gestured to his friends who had already taken a table at the side of the cafeteria. "You can join us. You don't need to lower your social status on the first day by mixing with the likes of Yoo Haejung. That girl isn't worth even the sympathy vote."

Confusion flashed in Luhan's face. "Excuse me? Are you talking about Yoo Haejung? Jungie?" he scratched his head. "I don't think that's a very accurate description."

He looked out at the garden where Haejung had already taken out her lunch box to eat. "And I'm eating with Jungie there." he pointed, smiling at her brightly and waving when she turned in their direction. Haejung's face turned red and she ducked.

Doojoon frowned. "You're mad." he muttered under his breath. He patted Luhan's shoulder and shrugged. "Up to you, you choose your social status. It's not my fault you want to be scum."

He shook his head and put his coins in the vending machine while Luhan walked off, puzzled. Just what did that Doojoon mean? "Weird guy." Luhan muttered.

And just as he was about to go out to the garden, another five guys stopped Luhan in his way again. "Hey. We heard you talking to Doojoon." Xiumin smiled. "And we thought it was cool for you to stand up to him."

"Do you want to sit with us?" Lay pointed to the biggest table which had been always reserved for the EXO-M members alone. "We hope to be friends."

Luhan looked out of the window at Haejung uncertainly. These guys gave him a better vibe than Doojoon did, but he didn't want to leave Haejung out there alone.

"We meant the two of you, can join our table." Chen cut in when he saw the hesitation in Luhan's face. "She can join us, you know. We kind of....have an apology we owe her." he bit his lip.

Luhan's face brightened and he clapped. "Great! I'll call Jungie in now!" he burst out and yelled "JUNGIEEE~~" loudly across the gardens. Tao raised his brows. "Jung....ie?"

-------

*Luhan I'm going to kill you after this.* Haejung grumbled under her breath as she shoved a spoonful of rice into harshly. *I hate attention and with you tagging behind me, that's already a lot to handle. And now you managed to score a place in the EXO-M table as well? Are you trying to kill me?*

Luhan cocked his head to the side and blinked at Haejung. "Jungie, you're shoving the spoon too hard into your mouth." he told her. "Another ten newtons of force and your teeth would give in because normal gums can't handle that much impact." he said knowledgeably.

"Woah. How did you know that?" Xiumin blurted, impressed.

Luhan grinned. He tapped his temple. "It's all in here."

The EXO-M members didn't seem bothered that every single person in the cafeteria was looking over at them with the same disbelief as how they looked at Luhan when he talked to Haejung. First it was the cute new guy, and now the entire EXO-M as well? Just what power did Yoo Haejung have anyway?

Haejung didn't care about what Luhan said and she shoved another spoonful of rice. Sitting with six extremely handsome guys wasn't something she did everyday and she didn't know how to act or think about it.

"Where's your food, Luhan hyung?" Tao already started calling Luhan affectionately. "Didn't you bring food?"

"Well I don't even need to ea-" Luhan caught himself. A robot that was too honest wasn't too good. "I....ate a lot in the morning and I'm not hungry. I'll bring something tomorrow."

Chen looked over at Haejung whose lunchbox was filled with leftovers of what the eatery didn't manage to finish selling. "Your food looks good, Haejung sshi." he murmured, trying to break the ice.

"Hm." Haejung made a noise, not responding.

The EXO-M members looked at each other. Was she still mad at them for gossiping about her behind her back?

"About that, Haejung sshi." Kris spoke up. "We're really sorry about that time at your eatery. We didn't know you were working there or we wouldn't have held that conversation. Hell, we shouldn't even have talked about you that way. We're really sorry about it."

Haejung looked at her rice, biting her lips. Well it did hurt her a bit when she heard her story coming out from someone else's mouth.

"Yeah." Lay nodded. "We really hope you can forgive us. Let's try to be friends, hm?" he offered.

Haejung raised her head uncertainly, blinking in confusion. "You....want to be friends with me?" she squeaked.

"Yeah why not." the EXO-M boys nodded in agreement. Haejung frowned at them, trying to see if there was any tinge of hesitation hidden away at their expression, or any trace of lies. There weren't any. They were sincere in their apology as well as their offer of friendship.

"Of course they want to be friends with you Jungie~ I should think everyone in the world would want to be your friend!" Luhan declared. "You're amazing!" he praised.

Haejung burned red. *Stupid cheeks.*

"I guess...I forgive you guys?" Haejung muttered, gulping.

"That's great!" Chen clapped, smiling genuinely. "You and Luhan hyung can join us for lunch every day from now on. This table is every bit yours as well as ours now."

Haejung looked at Luhan curiously, wondering how this short arrival of this guy could change so many things in a day. It was like a dream, being accepted as a friend and all. She never thought someone would want to be her friend in this school and much less the EXO-M boys.

"So which school did you transfer from, Luhan hyung?" Tao asked curiously, his panda looking eyes rounding. "Did you come from a martial arts school? I love martial arts." he smiled.

Luhan shook his head. "No. I came from RBC."

"RBC....?" the EXO-M boys echoed in confusion. "Where's that?"

"That's a private institution!" Haejung quickly covered for him. She sent him a look to warn him to be careful with his words. Luhan nodded back, stucking out his tongue.

"Oh. And where are you staying now then?" Xiumin asked, swallowing a big gulp of soup.

"Oh, I'm currently staying with Jung-mmfffff!!!" for the second time, Haejung nearly felt her heart fly out of as she quickly slammed her palm against Luhan's mouth. She glared at him fiercely.

"Is....something the matter?" Chen blinked.

"Uh, there was....a fly on his mouth. Ahehe." Haejung retracted her hand. She made a face at Luhan secretly and hoped with all her heart that he would be stupid to blurt out the truth.

"Uh...I'm staying at...one of the houses here." Luhan said stupidly. Apparently robots didn't come with the ability to lie hence the only way to go about it was to retract information.

The EXO-M members laughed. "I bet you haven't remembered your own address yet!" Lay guffawed.

Haejung let out a sigh of relief and slumped in her chair.

*If this goes on, I'll die by the time I'm twenty with all the shocks Luhan's giving me.*