Beautiful

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Luhan frowned.

He was a robot. He had no heart. He didn't have senses like Humans had. He didn't have thoughts of his own. All he had were generated technically.

So why was it that he could feel this premonition that something bad was happening?

Luhan looked out towards the door again. Haejung had been gone to the toilet for exactly 4 minutes and 37 seconds.

Whether it was his internal clock counting or he had been keeping time all this while as he stared at the clock, he didn't know.

Haejung wasn't someone to go to the toilet for such a long time. Not that she didn't do any....business, but she wasn't the type to look at her hair and adjust her clips or whatnot.

Luhan had a really bad feeling about it and he didn't know why. He wasn't programmed to have a sixth sense.

But he just had this feeling about it and he couldn't help it. Would it be logical for him to worry? I mean, it's been precisely 4 minutes 52 seconds now and she isn't back.

It takes 23 seconds to walk to the toilet and another 23 back. That leaves 4 minutes 06 seconds in the toilet.

4minutes 06 seconds for something to go wrong.

Luhan suddenly burst up from his seat. The Professor smiled at Luhan, because coincidentally he had just asked a question before Luhan stood up.

"Yes Luhan? Does my second A student in the class want to answer the question?"

Luhan shook his head. "I have to go to the restroom." he mumbled, rushing out quickly. There was an uncomfortable feeling at his chest, and it puzzled him so. He had no heart, so what was it?

He ran to the female restroom and he waited outside, his hands lingering on the handle of the door. Should he go in? What if nothing was wrong and Haejung was just taking a longer time than usual?

Luhan was just staring at the door blankly when he heard a whimper from inside.

His ears perked up.

He heard another whimper, louder this time. He stilled, his worst fears coming true. It was Haejung.

"Shut up !" someone's voice could be heard. "Didn't we tell you to keep quiet during the ritual? We have to knock sense into your head so bad things like you would leave Luhan oppa!"

Luhan felt anger boiling from the depths of his generator. He glared at the door intensely as he kicked it open. He felt this chill run down his spine when he saw Haejung gagged, cowering at the corner of the restroom as other girls crowded around her.

It was similar to how she was treated the other time but he had been there to save her before anything serious had happened. But this time, Luhan could see lashes across her cheek and bruises on her arms where the girls gripped her.

The anger intensified, growing and transforming into a ferocious monster that begged to be let out. *RB rule #157 Luhan, no lashing out at humans.* he told himself.

But when he opened his mouth he forgot everything about rules. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO JUNGIE?" he growled, trembling from anger.

The girls gasped and parted. They didn't think their superstar would be here to witness this sight. "L-Luhan oppa." Kamin's voice broke. Oh no this wasn't good.

"What are you doing to Jungie?" Luhan growled. He pushed them aside and made his way to Haejunf immediately, gathering her in his arms. She trembled slightly, the gash on her cheek looking even worse up close.

Oh gosh Luhan really wanted to kill these darn girls right then and there.

"She fell and we were trying to help her with the injuries, Luhan oppa!" Kamin lied. "We're just being nice and we-"

"Don't lie." Luhan picked Haejung up bridal style and hugged her close. "I won't let you girls off this time. I'll go to the principal immediately." he told them sternly. "I will NOT allow you people to inflict anymore pain to Jungie. And I will NOT let any of your off if you cause her anymore suffering." he spat.

He cradled Haejung out of the restroom without a backward glance. The girls looked over at Kamin, scared. "Eotteohke Kamin? You're the one who influenced us into this! You take the blame?"

Kamin's eyes widened. "What? But you guys agreed!"

 

 

 

"Thanks for saving me again, Luhan." Haejung smiled weakly. It wasn't so much of the physical pain, really, but the emotional shock.

The people at her school had been mean before but they never did do anything this rough to her before.

"No problem Jungie." Luhan whispered brokenly. He caressed the dinosaur print plaster on her cheek where the gash and felt a stab of pain. If only he had been earlier.

"Rest well and don't think about school or the eatery okay?" Luhan tucked her in. "I'll have it covered."

Haejung smiled with her eyes closed, half asleep. "I know you would. You're the perfect robot."

She opened her eyes to look at him through slits of her eyes and saw the frown on her face. "It's okay Luhan. I'm used to this."

Luhan flinched. Used to....?

Haejung closed her eyes and yawned. "Just relax. I'm fine." she murmured. "Yoo Haejung isn't that easy to defeat you know."

Luhan smiled and nodded. He watched till her breathing slowed and he knew she had fallen asleep. He got out of his seat quietly and went out of the room, closing the door quietly.

He sighed and massaged his temples, going downstairs. He had brought Haejung home after the incident even though school hadn't ended. He didn't think she was fit enough for lessons anyway.

He messaged Mrs Yoo about it and she was terrified out of her wits, but Luhan calmed her down and convinced that with him around it was going to be alright. He wasn't about to leave her.

But he couldn't stay in the same room with her. Watching her weak and vulnerable made something in him stir. He wanted to protect her beyond the boundaries of a robot boyfriend. He wanted to be there for her forever, but he couldn't. Robot boyfriend leases expires.

He felt the guilt when he saw that he had allowed those girls to do this to her. He should have known something was wrong sooner. Haejung didn't go to the restrooms for such long periods of time.

And it was even worse because those girls did things to her because of him. Because of their jealousy, because of their admiration for him. If he handled those girls better they wouldn't have done something like that to Haejung?

But he didn't know what to do. Why didn't those girls accept Haejung? Luhan was only Haejung's friend right now, but what if he became her boyfriend? What would be their reaction?

He didn't realize much of the morning had passed until the doorbell rang. Luhan blinked and went to the door only to find the rest of the EXO-M members at the door.

"Where's Haejung?" Chen asked anxiously. "We heard about the incident!"

Luhan let them in. "She's upstairs." he mumbled. "Sleeping. I think you guys should just wait till she wakes and don't disturb her rest."

The boys nodded and sighed. "Those girls are horrible." Xiumun shuddered. "They're horrifying. How can they do something like that? It's so immoral."

"It's because of me." Luhan sighed and plopped himself on the couch. "If I handled the girls better..."

"They're a bunch of scary vampires without brains, Hyung." Tao said flatly. "Not your fault at all."

Luhan looked at the EXO-M boys who had made themselves comfortable on the couch as well. "I don't understand." he mumbled. "Why are those girls so bad to Jungie?"

"Well i thought it was rather obvious." Kris shrugged. "Because they like you and you are close to Haejung so they're jealous."

Luhan frowned. "Is this why all of you don't have girlfriends?" he asked. "Because when you get close to a girl the other fangirls would do something like that to them?" he asked skeptically.

Lay shook his head. "No. It's just....Haejung." he struggled for words.

Luhan frowned. "What do you mean? Jungie said it just now, she said she was used to this sort of bullying. How can anyone be used to something so mean?" he asked, enraged. "How can they be so mean to her? Why? I don't get why they pick on her!"

The EXO-M boys were quiet for a bit.

"I don't know how to explain this without insulting you or Haejung, Luhan hyung." Kris sighed. "I don't think you see it, but in other people's point of view, Haejung's not exactly.....desirable."

Luhan frowned. "Why?"

"Well for one, her clothes." Xiumin pointed out. "She dresses like she came from a history textbook, and don't forget the glasses and the hair. Haejung doesn't put any attention on her looks and well, she's a nerd."

"What's wrong with being a nerd?" Luhan frowned. "She just likes reading and doesn't talk in class and that makes her a nerd? When she reads I read too so why aren't I a nerd?"

"You don't look like one, Luhan hyung." Tao shook his head. "Nerds are geeky with glasses and such. People just don't like nerds and they're being ostracized everywhere."

Chen saw Luhan's puzzled face and smiled slightly. "You don't get it don't you, Hyung?"

Luhan nodded. "I don't. Because I honestly think Jungie looks beautiful."

The EXO-M boys tried to detect for any signs of sarcasm but there were none. He really meant it.

"Well, I actually think Haejung is rather cute." Chen's cheeks pinked as he confessed. "But it's just she doesn't pay attention to her looks. Perhaps if we style her up a bit-"

"-put on some make up-" Lay brightened.

"-don't forget new clothes-" Xiumin added.

Tao clapped. "She'll be perfect! Looking perfect and having a heart of an angel!!"

The EXO-M boys began discussing where to bring Haejung to proceed with the makeover while Luhan scratched his head.

*Is there a need? I like Jungie how she is. She's beautiful like this.*