Rumors

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"I miss him." Haejung sighed.

Luhan nodded. "I miss him too." he admitted. The two of them were sitting in their bedroom on opposite sides of the room on their separate bunks as they stared at the suddenly empty room.

Without Masen's baby bag, without his cries, without the brilliant smile that Masen always wore on his face. The room suddenly felt empty and quiet. "You think he's doing well back at the orphanage?" Haejung hugged her pillow and leaned against the wall.

"Hm." Luhan nodded. "He's our son. He'll be fine." he grinned softly. He looked at Haejung with a smile. "And in the end he learned to like you too."

Haejung smiled. "Yeah he did." she remembered the surprise when Masen declared to the entire school that he loved his Luhan Appa and Haejung Umma. It was just a moment to remember for the rest of her life.

She eyed him from across the room. "You sure you know what you're talking about when you said you'll sneak out of the RB company to look for him?" she asked suspiciously. "I mean, by that time if you've already completed your mission with me, you'll be looking for a new girlfriend right? What if the RB company decides to erase your memories of me and Masen?" she paled at the thought.

Luhan looked at her for a bit. "I don't know if they will, actually. You're the first client they ever had and this is just a trial to make sure I'm functioning fine." he rubbed the back of his neck. "But honestly? Even if they erase my memory card I won't forget Masen. I won't forget you." he looked at her earnestly.

Haejung pinked from the intensity of his gaze and cleared . "I'm tired. I'll go to sleep." she mumbled, slipping under her covers quickly and turning to hide her burning cheeks from him. It was the first time a guy ever said anything of the likes to her, even if this guy was more of a robot than a person.

Luhan looked at Haejung for a while until her breathing slowed and she dozed off. He crossed the room to her bed and slipped under her covers, pulling her to him and tucking her head under the crook of his neck.

"I really think I'll remember you, Jungie." Luhan whispered. "Even if they erase my memories, I will. I promise."

 

 

 

Luhan and Haejung were a big topic the next day at school.

The two of them were careful as always, not letting the other people know that they live together. Luhan never really grasped the concept of why Haejung had to hide it, but he went along with it since he knew that was what Haejung wanted.

However, even with the two of them arriving one after another at school and meeting with the rest of the EXO-M boys innocently as if they had arrived from different parts of Seoul, rumors were flying around about the relationship of the two.

It had already been a shocker when all of EXO-M had decided to choose Haejung for their wife, but the other students could tell that they just didn't want a squealing fangirl for a partner in the project.

However the same couldn't be applied to Haejung and Luhan. Since guy-guy couples were allowed, why didn't Luhan pair up with another one of the EXO-M boys instead? Why did he pick Haejung?

Why did Haejung pick Luhan out of the six boys?

How did the two of them know each other before and why were they so close?

Rumors were flying all around the place and especially after the councillors pinned up the photo of Haejung and Luhan kissing each side of Masen's cheek and looking all family like with their matching T-shirts, the suspicious talk that Haejung and Luhan were together became even more prevalent.

"Don't you think the two of them look suspicious together?" girls asked each other as they watched Haejung and Luhan interact from the back of the class.

Luhan would always sit beside Haejung even though there was an empty seat beside Xiumin all the time. He would always stare at Haejung during lessons, however subtly it was still noticeable. He did little things for Haejung, like filling up her bottle for her or picking out her pens ready for lesson.

People didn't notice those little actions at first, but after the Parent Project and the rumors started flying, they did.

The people didn't even think about the possibility that Luhan and Haejung might be together at first, because they thought it was insane that a hot and handsome guy that Luhan would choose such a nerd like Haejung. But seeing how Luhan ignored the other pretty cheerleaders and paired up with Haejung for the physical education lesson again, the other students couldn't help but think something was going on.

And even the EXO-M members began to think something was up.

"Do you think Luhan hyung and Haejung noona are really together?" Tao whispered when Luhan followed Haejung to the vending machines to get drinks for everyone. "I mean, Luhan hyung follows Haejung everywhere. Seriously, everywhere."

Kris tapped his chin deep in thought. "Come to think of it, they never really explained how they met each other in the first place." he recalled. "When Luhan hyung first came to school, he already knew Haejung. And he always stuck by her side from that time onwards."

"You think they could really be together?" Xiumin munched on a bun. AGAIN yes I know. "Why didn't they tell us then?"

"Maybe their relationship is still budding?" Lay asked, scratching his head. "Anyways if you ask me, after I saw their wonderfully touching performance with Masen the other day, it wasn't difficult to imagine Luhan as the Appa and Haejung as the Umma."

Chen stared at his hands, a strange feeling taking over his heart. It was consuming bit by bit, getting more and more prevalent by day. The more time he spent with Haejung, the more evident these feelings got.

And worse, these feelings turned into something viciously horrible when he thought about Luhan and Haejung together in the romantic way. Which was why he didn't most of the times.

"I don't think they're together." Chen mumbled. "If they are, they would tell us right?" he asked hopefully.

He stared at the ground. *At least, I hope not.*

 

 

 

Haejung was met with a surprise later that day.

Luhan and the other EXO-M boys had gone to the next lesson while Haejung went to fetch a book she forgot. She insisted that Luhan didn't follow her because she overheard the rumors about Luhan and herself and aimed to keep those at bay.

Luhan was her robot boyfriend, her secret boyfriend. To be honest, she only told him to be her secret boyfriend because Luhan wouldn't accept any title without the word "boyfriend" in it.

Secret boyfriend seemed to work the best because she could get him to hide the fact that he was a robot, that he was staying at her house. Only the "secret" part was in play right now, the "boyfriend" part had nothing going on.

Luhan was cuddly, as he had guaranteed since Haejung had innocently chosen "cat" previously in the survey. But Haejung would never let him near her too much or let him hug her longer than appropriate. It didn't seem right to her, to do something like that with someone she wasn't in a relationship with.

A true relationship involved the heart, and she knew Luhan didn't have one.

Haejung shut the locker and sighed to herself. Her robot boyfriend was supposed to help her with Yoon Doojoon, but it seemed Luhan hadn't even grasped the concept of love since he had asked her what that was after they sang the song for the Parents Project.

How was she supposed to answer that to a robot?

"Haejung."

Haejung spun around at the sound of that familar voice. That voice she hadn't heard in ages. That voice she missed.

"Doojoon oppa." Haejung stared up at him, her heart thudding hard in her chest. "Is something the matter?"

Doojoon stared at her for a few moments as he narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "I wanted to ask, you and Luhan seem close, huh?"

Haejung nodded uncertainly. "We're friends."

"Yeah?" Doojoon raised his brows as he chucked his hands in his pockets. "Friends? That's not what I heard." He leaned closer and Haejung caught a whiff of his cologne. She wasn't used to it, Luhan didn't put anything like that.

"I heard you and Luhan are together." he whispered into her ear.

Haejung's eyes widened and she instantly shook her head. "No! We aren't together!" she assured. "We're just friends!!!"

Doojoon leaned back. "Really?"

"Yeah!" Haejung nodded.

"I knew it." Doojoon snorted. "What the hell, did they think Yoo Haejung could snag a guy like Luhan? Those EXO-M boys are only talking to you because they pity you. Man, those rumors are crazy ." he laughed and sauntered away, not glancing back.

Haejung stared at him as her heart ached. So that's what he thought even up till now. It never did change.