The Aftermath

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Hey do you think what the message they sent in the morning is true?" Xiumin asked, munching into a pork bun. A bun eating a bun. Hmm.

Tao blinked in confusion and looked up from his bowl of noodles. "Huh? What message?"

Lay rolled his eyes and knocked Tao on the head. "Are you dreaming? They sent a message to everyone, didn't you receive it?" he snorted.

Tao looked at his hyung calmly. "I am too wise to get caught up in the immaturity of these senseless new technology that only aims to boggle our minds." he told him steadily.

Now it was Kris's turn to whack Tao on the head. "Can you act your age for once?" he grumbled.

Tao pouted and rubbed his head. "Aish don't you remember I'm the one with the martial arts?" he muttered. "Quit hitting my lovely head."

"Ahhh." Kris and Lay smiled at each other. "That's better."

Chen shook his head in amusement and took out his phone. He scrolled to the message that had been mass sent to the entire school in the morning. "Here you go maknae, in case you missed it."

 


Hey everyone!

Remember to come to the cafeteria this afternoon during break if you want to watch a great show! Remember Yoon Doojoon asking Yoo Haejung out two weeks ago?
Anticipate the dramatic ending as Doojoon dumps Haejung this afternoon! Remember to pop over for the show!


 

Tao wrinkled his nose. "Ewww do you think it's true?"

Xiumin looked over at Doojoon and his friends who were standing around and laughing madly at random times. They seemed to be waiting for something to happen and looking towards the entrance occasionally like they were expecting someone to come in any moment.

"I think it may be true." Xiumin muttered. "Aww if it's really true that Yoo Haejung's really a poor thing."

Chen twisted his lips and puffed his cheeks. *At least I tried to warn her.* he thought to himself. *But still...she could have listened.*

They were interrupted when all talking ceased as Haejung hopped into the cafeteria. She smiled brightly at Doojoon, pushing her large spectacles up her nose and her long black skirt brushing against here leg as she ran to him. Nerd indeed.

"Doojoon oppa!" Haejung beamed and went over to him.

And then it started, the heartbreak.

The EXO-M sat uncomfortably as they listened to the people around them laughing at Haejung's unfortune. If there's something you shouldn't kid about, that's love. And they just so brutally played with Haejung's heart, trampling it in front of everyone else.

It was pure evil.

The boys watched as Doojoon and his friends laughed heartily and left, enjoying every minute of the rare attention they got since girls didn't usually notice them when the EXO-M boys were there.

Chen gazed at Haejung as she was left in the centre of the cafeteria, absolutely humiliated but she could hardly notice the glances she got from the people around. She stood there, her expression haunted and sad, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

Chen winced. He somehow thought it was his fault that she was dumped in front of everyone but then again, even if she didn't turn up that afternoon, Doojoon and his friends would find some way to humiliate her later.

However that didn't make him feel any better about it. Xiumin nudged him. "Yah, what are you thinking about?" he made a face. "You're stoning."

Chen shook his head and faked a smile. "Nah. Just thinking."

 

 

 

"Haejung, are you sure you're okay?" Mrs Yoo looked at her daughter worriedly. "You don't need to follow me to the eatery if you don't feel like it. You can rest at home, really."

Haejung shook her head and faked a smile. "Even if us two there are not enough hands and too many things to do, Umma. You won't be able to cope." she reasoned. "I'll be fine."

Mrs Yoo frowned. "Well maybe we can close the shop for today-"

"Umma. I know our financial status well enough." Haejung cut in. "We can't afford a day off. I'll be alright, trust me umma."

*Just sad. Ultra duper sad.* Haejung thought to herself. Mrs Yoo sighed. "If you're sure." she muttered. "I knew that Doojoon wasn't a good person." she grumbled to herself.

The mother and daughter went back to the eatery after the afternoon two hour break and opened the store again. People began streaming in again and they were soon bombarded by numerous things to do with the orders that kept coming.

Haejung was able to take her mind off what happened in the afternoon for a bit as she worked, busying herself. However the tiny breaks between orders found her staring blankly at the counter while she waited, trying to sniffle as softly as possible and wiping her tears away.

Her heart was hurting so badly. To yearn for Doojoon at the sidelines was one thing, but going up to heaven when he asked her to be his girlfriend and later dropping to hell as he dumped her was something else altogether.

And yet even after this, Haejung couldn't find the heart to hate Doojoon. She knew she must sound retarded and brainless to other people, but she couldn't help it. She loved Doojoon for so long and it was hard to stop that fefeling all of a sudden.

She really hoped that by some miracle, she and Doojoon would be a real couple and not because of some stupid bet.

Was she stupid to want him even after this?

"Haejung! Table eleven waiting to order!" Mrs Yoo hollered.

Haejung snapped out of her trance and sniffled, wiping that lone tear that managed to escape, and grabbing the pen and order book and darting back amongst the tables to get to table eleven.

When she saw a bunch of boys at the table, she was slightly put off as she remembered how the other group of boys had laughed at her attire and fashion style the other day.

That was, until she saw who those boys were. They were the EXO-M boys.

*Oh no!* Haejung's eyes widened and she hid behind the counter again. *What are they doing here? Are they seriously here to eat?*

Haejung leaned nearer and pressed herself against the counter to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Hmm what should I get? A bowl of ox bone soup or baked rice?" Lay tapped his chin, pouting lightly.

Tao sniffed. "I think I'll get a dumpling noodle set." he wrinkled his nose.

"Wonder where's the waitress?" Kris looked around and didn't see anyone. "I thought I saw her coming. She looked a little like Yoo Haejung, actually."

Chen straightened at the name. "Yoo Haejung?"

"Hm." Kris nodded. "That girl is really a poor thing huh? Getting toyed by Yoon Doojoon and his friends like that. They're really despicable."

"But really, shouldn't she have found something was wrong from the beginning?" Xiumin added. "I mean, I kind of figured she liked Doojoon since she always has her eyes on him, but Doojoon had never noticed her. Would there be something weird when he suddenly asks her out?"

"Well if SNSD asks you out I doubt you'll think that much." Lay mused. "I think the happiness just got to her."

"But seriously, being confused for a whole two weeks?" Kris shook his head. "She should have realized it sooner though."

"I guess." Chen nodded. "I mean, she is a nerd and all, there has to be something wrong when bad boy Yoon Doojoon asks her out." he admitted. "I tried to tell her you know."

"Huh? You did?" The EXO-M members looked at her in surprise.

Chen nodded. "I tried to tell her not to go to the cafeteria but...." he shrugged. "She went."

Haejung gasped and covered with her hands. *So that's why he told me that?* she stilled. *So the entire school knew about it and just waited to see me humiliated?*

"If only if I told her about the message beforehand." Chen sighed. "She wouldn't be humiliated."

"But it's not your fault right? Chen hyung?" Tao shook his head. "I mean it's not like.....OHHMAIIIGAWD." his eyes widened and he stared behind Chen.

Chen blinked in confusion and turned around. His jaw dropped, as did the jaws of the other EXO-M boys. It was Haejung, dressed in the waitress uniform.

She was the waitress??!

And by the look of it she heard everything they said. OH NO OH NO. Haejung choked and her face grew red as she tried to stop her tears from dropping.

Kris cleared his throat awkwardly. "Err boys I think we should find another place to eat."

"Good idea." Xiumin stood up. He sent Haejung a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry."

Haejung whipped her face away, sniffling loudly. Chen sighed and rubbed the back of his neck and followed his friends. happens.

And just as the boys and Haejung were so involved in what happened, they didn't notice a man watching everything that had happened with raised brows and slight nods.

"Hmm.. Interesting."