Robot-Boyfriend Corperation

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung bit her lip as she tried to blend into the background, ducking her head so low that her neck hurt. Her hair dangled in front of her face and she really really hoped that no one would notice her.

Fat dreams really.

Even without her face, everyone recognised Yoo Haejung anywhere because her fashion style was just toooooooo prominent for mere words. It was just....UGHH.

And well, when everyone recognized Haejung, they began pointing and whispering about her of course. The meeker ones pointed and whispered with their friends, gossiping about what happened. Those were still fine to handle, really. Haejung just pretended not to hear them.

But some of the students just live to watch the world burn. A group of them sauntered over to her and snickered. "Oh man Haejung! Just the girl I was looking for!" A guy called Minseok came over and leaned against her locker just as she was about to open it.

Haejung ducked her head. "I need to get my books. Please move." she murmured.

Minseok grinned. "Don't be like this..." he nudged her. "I just wanted to ask you out, can't a guy ask a girl out on a date?" he made a puppy face that Haejung missed because she was too busy staring at the floor.

"But wait let me think." Minseok popped up. "Why don't we break up before we start dating since it's just a bet, huh babe?"

Everyone along the corridor laughed and Haejung felt absolutely humiliated. She ducked her head even lower and she was practically bowing to everyone else.

Minseok laughed together with his friends. "Hey babe! Don't you have to collect your books?" he snickered.

Haejung ignored him and ran away, resisting the urge to cry. The last thing she wanted to do was to cry in front of everyone else. Biting her lips, she took a deep breath. She wanted to miss school, to just wallow at home and cry but it wasn't possible.

School fees were barely paid and she only got the lower rates through a scholarship with her perfect grades. Her mom worked so hard for the fees and she needed to get a good job in the future so that her mother wouldn't need to run that tiring eatery any more.

*For Umma. You've got to tolerate it for umma, Yoo Haejung.* she gritted her teeth.

 

 

 

And it was hard. Hard as hell to do.

But somehow or another Haejung managed to tolerate the entire day without breaking into tears or running out of the classroom even though there were several times when her legs jerked as they tried to get away. Her mind stopped them before she jerked out of her seat and she twisted her legs together as tightly as possible.

Haejung was the first one out of the door though when the bell rang. She ran as fast as possible out of the school gates and panted, looking back. Being a nerd that stayed indoors all the time also meant she didn't exercise often and the only part she used was her brain.

She leaned against the wall and peeked into the school. No one seemed to be going out yet and they were still inside their classrooms packing their things.

Wow and to think she was one of the most unathletic in school.

"Anything nice to see there?"

Haejung whipped around in school, her heart thudding loudly in her chest. She blinked in surprise at the middle aged man of around fifty to sixty years of age, wearing a strange looking pair of sunglasses and a red suit.

So there were some people out there with outfits weirder than hers. Hmm.

Haejung let out a squeak. "Are you talking to me?" she pointed to herself.

The man laughed. The laugh was rather freaky actually and he pushed his sunglasses down to look at her. "Of course. You see any other people here?"

Haejung turned pink. The man put out his hand for her to shake. "Hello Yoo Haejung. I'm Dr Yang. Nice to meet you."

Haejung stared at him in shock, ignoring his outstretched hand. "How did you know my name?" she squeaked.

"I was there in your eatery yesterday night." Dr Yang grinned. "You didn't notice me because you were too busy eavesdropping on the group of handsome guys, which I too eavesdropped on."

Dr Yang looked at her seriously. "You're heartbroken, Yoo Haejung."

Haejung stared at him. You're heartbroken, Yoo Haejung. Was this what he said to anyone he just met as if he was talking about the weather or how nice the sun was?

Dr Yang laughed and took Haejung's hand out of his own accord, shaking it. Haejung tried hard not to flinch. His hands were cold and sweaty and made her want to wrench her hand away but she stayed put out of politeness. "Here." Dr Yang passed her a namecard. "Remember to visit this website tonight my dear." he grinned. "It'll bring you happiness!"

He smiled and walked off around the corner, going as abruptly as he came.

Haejung stared at the card in her hands. Robot-Boyfriend.com

She raised her brows. *Is he kidding? This is so lame.*

 

 

 

And lame was what she did.

Haejung was so absurdly bored at home since she did all her homework while she was at school, not wanting to spend a minute unoccupied and letting the other students have a chance to get at her. She rolled around her bed for a bit until she remembered that card Dr Yang passed her.

She sat up and went up her computer, typing in the details. The website popped up, a cute shade of baby pink and blue with the words "Robot Boyfriend: 1000% Satisfaction Guaranteed" right on the top of the page.

A pop up came out and asked her to key in her name.

She shrugged since it didn't ask for any more personal particulars. There had to be other Yoo Haejung's in the world other than her. She typed it in and waited, tapping on her chin.

What features do you like on a guy?
A) Large eyes   B) Tanned skin   C) Good body   D) Tall 

After thinking for a bit Haejung picked A. She rather liked guys with large eyes and she had to admit even her ideal guy Yoon Doojoon didn't have eyes big enough for her liking.

She scrolled down for the next question.

What sort of character do you like in a guy?
A) Masculine and Cool   B) Shy and Sweet   C) Attentive and Cute   D) Quirky and Unexpectable

She picked C. Doojoon was kind of like an A type of person but this was just a survey for fun so she figured it didn't really matter. And perhaps....she kind of wished Doojoon was the cute type instead and paid more attention to her.

She moved on to the last question, scratching her head.

What animals do you like?
A) Dog   B) Cat   C) Rabbit   D) Horse

"Is this even relevant?" she wondered out loud and clicked on B. She submitted it and another page loaded.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN ROBOT-BOYFRIEND! 1000% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! YOU WILL NOT REGRET DOING THIS!

Haejung wrinkled her nose. Maybe she would be the only one that did. She just wasted five minutes of her time.

She sighed and was about to turn off her computer when a notification flashed. Her twitter told her that Yoon Doojoon posted a tweet.

Yes Yoo Haejung had twitter. @catwomanrules, that's her. (A/N: You should know I'm not serious right?)

No one knew that was her twitter and she didn't post any profile picture either. No one followed her, and she only followed one person: Yoon Doojoon.

She clicked on his account and saw that he posted a picture. She clicked on the link....and gulped.

Doojoon posted a picture of him and one of the pretty girls in school called Kim Haneul. It was a series of four shots put together. Some of them hugging intimately, some smiling, one of it having him kiss her neck in a ual manner...

And the last was them in liplock.

Haejung quickly closed the window and closed her eyes, feeling the tears b behind her lids. Oh Damn damn damn.