Confirmation

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Chen paced around his room, retrying the stupid website for the zillionth time and it kept saying that it was under maintenance.

"What in the world?" Chen muttered under his breath. "Why is this site alway under construction?" he cursed.

He sat down on his bed and stared at the laptop, his brows furrowed.

"Am I being stupid about this?" Chen muttered. "I mean, what if Luhan hyung's just a human like me? Isn't it stupid of me to worry about ridiculous things like that?"

Chen frowned and rubbed his temples. He hadn't been sleeping well as he kept thinking about it.

"But Chen," he muttered to himself as he laid on his back on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. "What if Luhan hyung is really a robot?" he whispered.

His eyes widened. "What if Haejung doesn't know and you heard it for yourself, she has fallen in love with Luhan! What if she doesn't know what she's getting into and falls for a piece of human technology? She'll end up getting hurt!"

Chen groaned and buried his face in his hands. "Damn."

He quickly collected himself and hopped on the chair again, refreshing he darn site. It loaded for a long time and Chen tapped his fingers impatiently, waiting for it to load.

"Aish." Chen moved his cursor, wanting to refresh the page again when it suddenly appeared.

The familiar homepage of the Robot Boyfriend site in its baby blue and pink appeared, with that memorable 1000% logo at the top.

Chen's eyes widened. "Finally!" he brightened.

He scrolled around and finally saw the tab he noticed the other day. "Robot Boyfriend Available for Renting."

He quickly clicked it and the page loaded remarkably fast. He came across the first profile on top, showing a topless handsome guy that looked perfectly human but also perfectly flawless.


 

kyeoo.jpg

Code name: System 5.6
Human name: Oh Sehun
Height: 181 cm
Type: Cute, Reliable, Aegyo filled.

[AVAILABLE FOR RENT]


 

Chen gulped. Was this site serious? People could really rent this guy-robot-thing??

Chen scrolled down and saw another profile. "Code Name System 5.5, human name Kai, also known as Kim Jong In," he read, his brows furrowing. He scrolled down faster.

"System 5.4 Kyungsoo also known as D.O.," Chen read on quickly, his brows deepening. "System 5.3 Park Chanyeol, System 5.2 Byun Baekhyun, System 5.1 Suho...."

Chen's eyes widened at the last profile on the page.

"System 5.0." he gasped softly. "Luhan."

And there was Luhan's picture, together with the particulars.


 

1.2.jpg

Code Name: System 5.0
Human Name: Luhan
Height: 178cm
Type: Cute, Caring, Attentive, Cheerful

[RENTED]


 

Chen gulped. This robot...he looked exactly like Luhan hyung. No, he was Luhan. Luhan was a robot.

That meant the guy that had gotten the heart of the girl of his dreams....was a robot.

Chen paled visibly. "I have to save Haejung before she gets even more hurt by this robot..guy...thing."

 

 

 

"Jungie are you okay?" Luhan frowned as he wiped away her beads of perspiration.

Haejung opened her eyes sleepily and shook her head. "No. It hurts, my throat and my whole body. And I feel so cold." she shivered.

Luhan worriedly hugged her, rubbing her arms up and down and trying to give her some warmth. "But you're already wearing a jacket and covered in blankets." he frowned.

Haejung leaned into his touch and rested her head against his chest. "Im going to be fine, Luhan. Humans aren't as strong as you robots but we aren't that easy to die either. I'm be fine soon."

Luhan nodded as he held her, watching her sleep. Her body was constantly too warm for good and Luhan kept a cloth dipped on cold water on her forehead.

He changed the cloth once every half an hour and watched as she slept, kissing her forehead once in a while when she mumbled incoherent things in her sleep.

He didn't like seeing Jungie suffer. Even though he knew that having a cold and fever wasn't what you'd consider really insufferable illnesses, the fact that Haejung was uncomfortable made him uncomfortable too.

"I wish I could be sick instead of you, Jungie." he murmured, her hair.

The door opened and Mrs Yoo popped her head in. "How is she?"

"Still sleeping." Luhan whispered, carefully standing up so he didn't wake her. "Her fever hasn't gone down yet."

"She's only been asleep for a little more than one hour. Give her time for the fever to subside." Mrs Yoo told him. "And make her eat these pills when she wakes. They'll be good for her." she handed him some medicine.

Mrs Yoo smiled at his lethargic and worried expression. "You might want to get some rest too, Luhan. In case you catch the cold from her."

Luhan shook his head. "I won't fall sic-" and at that moment, the strangest thing happened.

"A-A-AHCHOO!" Luhan closed the door quickly so that his sneeze wouldn't wake Haejung.

His eyes rounded and he rubbed his nose. It felt a little stuffy and ticklish, he hadn't felt anything of the likes before.

"Did I....did I just sneeze?" Luhan blink.

"Yes you did." Mrs Yoo mused. "You better get some rest too or you'll fall sick like Haejung. I can manage at he eatery, some of my friends came to help out. Take care Luhan."

She smiled and went off. Luhan scratched his head, massaging his nose. Did he really just sneeze?

But he couldn't fall sick. He was a robot.

Luhan frowned and shook his head, going back into the room. "Must be some dust in the air." he murmured.

He got under the covers and held Haejung to him, kissing her nose. Haejung opened her eyes slightly. "What time is it?" she slurred.

"Not late yet." Luhan her back. "You've only been asleep for a little more than an hour. Sleep more, Jungie."

Haejung nodded and closed her eyes. "Is it me or does your voice sound stuffy?" Haejung murmured softly, frowning.

Luhan cleared his throat. In fact, yes he did.

"No I bet it's because you're sick, your hearing's all weird as well." Luhan shook his head to clear the thought. What was he thinking? That he had caught the cold?

"Hmm." Haejung mumbled under her breath and slipped off to dreamland.

Luhan softly smiled and closed his eyes, leaning his forehead against hers. He couldn't be sick. He was a robot.

.....but was it him or did he feel a headache coming?