Sick

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"AHCHOO!!!"

Luhan blinked again, rubbing his runny nose. He couldn't believe it.

Haejung frowned and looked over at him. He had spent the day sleeping along with her and holding her, taking care of her when she shifted in her sleep. And somewhere along the line, he started to sneeze and cough as well.

"Luhan, are you sure robots can't fall sick?" she questioned doubtfully. "Because you sure sound like you caught my...AHCHOOOO!!!" she let out a huge sneeze. "Ugh...my illness." she finished.

Luhan scratched his head. "I'm sure. Dr Yang told me robots can't fall..f-fall.....AHCHOOO!!!" he let out a similar sneeze and blinked, completely out of it. This sneezing business wasn't that fun but it was completely new to Luhan so he was still getting used to it.

Haejung raised a brow. "You were saying?"

"I don't understand it." Luhan pouted, confused. "I'm a robot. I'm not supposed to fall sick, that's what he told me." he curled up beside Haejung, turning to face her.

Haejung turned to look at him as well, their noses touching.

"But you sound sick." Haejung pointed out, her voice stuffy and clogged. Luhan made a face. "I don't know. I haven't been sick before." he protested.

Haejung reached out to feel his forehead and put one hand to hers. "Are you running a fever too?" she asked, frowning. "Because your temperature is the same as mine."

"Do you feel drowsy?" Haejung asked. "Your head hurting? Your nose can't really breathe properly because it's blocked?"

Luhan nodded. "Yeah it's like Xiumin stuffed one of his buns up my nose or something." he commented.

Haejung huffed and sat up. "You're sick too, Luhan!" she declared. "I passed my illness to you! I can't believe this!" she frowned, obviously guilty. "You should return to your bunk and rest as well, Luhan. I don't want your condition worsening. And eat those tablets umma gave me."

She stretched over the bedside table and reached for the tablets, making Luhan swallow them. Luhan popped one into his mouth without knowing that he had to use water to wash the tablet down his throat, and he thought he could just on it like a candy.

His face contorted in disgust and he spluttered. "Jungie!!! It tastes SOOO BITTERRR!" he complained.

Haejung couldn't help but let out a giggle as she passed him a cup of water. "You're supposed to eat it with this." she mused. Luhan took the water and quickly gulped it down, the bitter taste still lingering in his mouth.

"Eww." Luhan shuddered. "It tastes like frogskins and elephant poop."

"And you know because you've tasted frogskins and elephant poop before, I assume?" Haejung giggled softly, settling back into her bed. Luhan made a face and cuddled beside her, wrapping one arm around her waist.

Haejung raised her brows at him. "Luhan I told you to go back to your bed. I don't want to pass anymore germs to you."

"But since I'm already sick it doesn't matter doesn't it?" Luhan pecked her cheek. "We can be sick together! Hurray!! And since when did I ever listen to you about this sleeping arrangement thing?" he grinned.

Haejung slapped his arm lightly and settled against the crook of his neck. "Stubborn robo-o-o-ooo...AHCHOO!"

Luhan chuckled. "Haha that was cute Jungie-ie-ie...AHCHOO!"

"You were saying?" Haejung laughed, shaking her head in amusement. Luhan pouted and pecked her lips. "Let's sleep. That frogskin elephant poop thing makes me sleepy." he mumbled.

 

 

 

"Omo! What are you two doing in bed together???" Mrs Yoo's eyes widened.

She had returned from the eatery, closing it early that day because she was worried about Haejung. When she went into their room, however, she saw Luhan and Haejung cuddled in bed together, her daughter's head tucked snugly under Luhan's chin, their legs in a tangle together as they slept soundly.

Her outburst made Luhan stir. His eyes fluttered opened and he looked around in confusion. "Huh?"

"Luhan?" Mrs Yoo walked closer, wondering if she should lift up that blanket. Are they clothed underneath that? Oh My she didn't think she had to go through this sort of thing when Haejung's only twenty! My word her daughter was growing up really fast indeed.

"Omonim." Luhan opened his eyes fully. He turned to Haejung that was laying on him and poked her cheek softly. "Jungie, Omonim's home." he murmured.

Haejung sat up all of a sudden, her eyes half-opened. "Huh?"

The blanket tumbled off both their chests and Mrs Yoo heaved a sigh of relief. They were clothed for goodness sake. PHEW.

She mentally scolded herself for thinking dirty. *What were you thinking anyway.* she laughed to herself. *Luhan's so pure, he would never take advantage of Haejung. More like the other way.*

"Luhan why are you sleeping as well?" Mrs Yoo asked with raised brows. "I thought you were taking care of Haejung."

"Well Omonim, I was." Luhan sniffed. "Until I....Ah..Ah....AHCHOO!" he let out a gigantic sneeze and sighed. "Aigoo why hasn't it gone yet?"

Mrs Yoo's eyes widened. "Omo. You've caught the cold too?" she frowned. "And I assume the two of you slept the whole day then?"

Luhan and Haejung nodded.

"Aigoo, I thought Luhan would be here to take care of Haejung but now both of you are ill. You two haven't had dinner yet, right? I'll make some congee and you two wash up. It's good to stay awake while you're feeling drowsy from the medicine."

Haejung nodded and crawled over Luhan to get to the bathroom. Luhan lifted her off the bed and set her on her feet, ruffling her hair in the process. His eyes fell close again and he sulked. "I didn't know it feels so terrible to be sick, Omonim."

Mrs Yoo chuckled. "You're saying this as if it's your first time."

Luhan nodded. "But at least I'm sick with Jungie." he grinned. Mrs Yoo laughed and shook her head at him. "Aigoo love-sick puppy you!"

-----------

Haejung and Luhan were snuggling on the couch, wrapped in thick blankets as Luhan surfed the channels. Sleeping all day was kind of boring and they needed some entertainment as well.

They watched some television while Mrs Yoo prepared the congee. "How about this one?" Luhan stopped at the variety show, "We Got Married."

He watched curiously as the camera man followed a couple everywhere they went as they went on dates and such. And then there would be little snippets of the guy's thoughts of what happened, and what the girl felt when the guy did something for her.

"Why are they filming this couple, Jungie?" Luhan asked in confusion.

Haejung opened her eyes tiredly. "Oh this is We Got Married." she explained. "It's this variety show where two celebrities pretend to get into a relationship and they get married. The show is films the progress of the relationship. This part is on ZEA's Kwanghee and Secret's Sunhwa." she pointed.

Luhan scratched his head. "You mean they pretend to be married but they aren't really?" He laughed. "Hey isn't that like when I pretended to be your boyfriend but I wasn't really?"

Haejung nodded in amusement. "Something like that. Just that we didn't have the camera crew following us everywhere we went."

Luhan pouted. "I didn't like it then, Jungie. I wanted you for my own," he looped an arm around her shoulder. "I wanted to kiss you and hug you but I couldn't do it truthfully. It was all an act."

He kissed her temple. "I like it now."

Haejung let a sweet smile spread to her lips. "I like it now too."

"Tsk tsk you two love birds. Come eat, your congee's ready!" Mrs Yoo called, setting two bowls of hot piping shredded chicken porridge on the table. Haejung and Luhan shuffled over to the dining table, plopping themselves on the seat.

Luhan grabbed the spoon and chucked a spoonful of the congee into his mouth. "OWWW IT'S HOT!" he complained.

Mrs Yoo laughed. "Of course it is, you've got to blow on it." she mused, wondering why this twenty something acted like a three year old sometimes. "How can I let you take care of Haejung when you don't even know that? Trust you to be my daughter's boyfriend."

Haejung's eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she turned to look at her mother. "Umma, you knew?" she squeaked.

Mrs Yoo laughed. "Of course I knew. The way you looked at him and the way you two interacted changed along the way." she shrugged. "I wasn't too sure exactly when you two made it official, but I had a feeling that you two liked each other for quite some time now. It wasn't until I found you two sleeping together in one bed just now that I confirmed your relationship status."

Haejung pinked and she stared at the congee, embarrassed. "You don't mind, umma?"

"Of course I don't." Mrs Yoo exclaimed. "Why did you think i hired Luhan in the first place? I was hoping for some spark to ignite between you two. Took you long enough, I was getting impatient already."

She sat down at the table and sighed contently as she watched both youngsters eat their congee and sneezing at the same time. "You really brought a lot of laughter and life into this house, Luhan. Thank you for that." she suddenly said.

Luhan looked at her with rounded eyes. "Omonim?"

"Before, Haejung didn't have any friends." Mrs Yoo recalled. "She was an introvert and she barely laughed. But you gave her joy, you helped her forge friendships and look how wonderful she is now! Beautiful, witty and kind. Thank you for helping my daughter show her inner self to everyone else."

Haejung reddened. It sounded as if she was already handing her daughter over to the guy already. "Umma."

"I want you to know that I already treat you as a son, Luhan." Mrs Yoo smiled. "And I hope you will stay with us as long as forever."

Luhan looked back, touched. "I will stay longer than forever, Omonim. This is my family."

He turned and met Haejung's gaze, a small smile lighting both their faces. Yes, it was family, love, and more.