Robot Boyfriend Corps

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Chen opened the door to the caravan and went inside, his face glum and his heart thudding loudly in his chest.

"Hey hey!" Tao smiled as Chen settled down on one of the bunks. "What are you doing back here? I thought you were going back to your own caravan."

Lay shot Tao a look. "Use your brain maknae, he's sharing a room with a couple. Of course he doesn't want to be a light bulb."

Kris looked at Chen, frowning slightly. Was this what it was about?

After that little speech Chen conducted, Kris had taken note of Chen's actions more carefully. How he subtly mentioned Haejung, how his cheeks would pink ever so slightly, how his eyes looked out of focus and dreamy.

This dongsaeng was in love with his hyung's girlfriend. That's bad bad bad.

The other boys were laughing and predicting what the couple next door were doing right then and Kris quickly cut them off. "Enough. We should give them privacy." he frowned, shooting a glance at Chen.

Chen, however, wasn't bothered by what they said. With a simple fact that he didn't hear anything at all. His mind was filled with the new findings and logic was trying hard to refute those revelations.

"Hyung's." Chen mumbled softly.

The boys all turned to look at him. "Do you think there really can be robots in the world?" he asked carefully. "Like really robots that are made to look like humans and they live amongst us, and we have no idea at all?"

Xiumin scratched his head. "Have you been reading sci-fi, Chen?"

Tao wrinkled his nose. "If it was that case, it's scary!" he shuddered. "Just like those movies!"

Lay looked at Chen. "Well honestly I don't think the technology currently is able to make a robot that resembles human so much that we can't tell. Sure there's Siri in the iPhone, but when you talk to a computer for long periods of time, you find the answers it gives are repetitive. A robot that even humans can't detect? I don't think so."

Chen nodded and stared at his hands. "That's what I thought too." But apparently not, he added in his mind.

Luhan was a robot? Was that even possible? Or was it by some chance a twisted endearment or inside joke between the couple?

But what if Luhan was really a robot?

Chen pushed himself off the bunk and went to the door. "Hey where are you going? You just arrived." Kris blinked.

"I'll take a walk." Chen murmured, striding into the cold night air.

Kris watched the dongsaeng and pursed his lips. *Wonder what's all these about. But whatever, as long as there's something to take his kind of Haejung and Luhan hyung, that's great."

--------

Chen took out his smartphone and immediately keyed in "Robot" in the search engine.

What came out was the dictionary meaning for robot, the robotic fairs and google images for robots. But those were robots that obviously looked dead. Made of plastic and metal.

Luhan looked nothing like that. Luhan could hold an intelligent conversation with you and he had emotions. Those feelings for Haejung, it couldn't be faked.

Frowning, Chen typed in another keyword. "Robot boyfriend."

Instantly, a new search result appeared at the top of the page and Chen clicked on it.

ROBOT BOYFRIEND: 1000% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

Chen's eyes widened. This was it.

The site hadn't been completed thoroughly when Haejung visited it, but now that months had passed, it had been rebooted and upgraded with more information.

Chen scrolled down and read.

"Robot boyfriends are the solutions to your every problem! You can hire one just for a mere 500 thousand won a day, and he'll fulfill all your dreams!

The robot boyfriend can help you complete any of your goals. Be it showing off your handsome boyfriend to your snobby friends, an emergency boyfriend to meet your parents, or a boyfriend to make the guy of your dreams jealous.

Our robot boyfriends are even better than human ones and they can help you satisfy any need.

1000% satisfaction guaranteed!

Just remember, all robots have to be returned to the company by the end of the term and absolutely no emotional attachments can be formed towards our robots.

If this is violated, we will collect our robot back. Remember, our robots are for loan but not for keeping.

Just click on this order form and you'll be guaranteed a satisfying and mind-blowing experience!"

"Something like that exists?" Chen raised his brows. He read the page again and found a small tab at the top that says "Robot Boyfriends Available for Renting."

Chen clicked on it and waited for the page to load. It took an exceptionally long time and he refreshed the page, hoping for a faster connection.

Unexpectedly, a new page popped up.

"Apologies, Robot Boyfriend Corporation site is under maintenance. Please visit the site later."

Chen let our a grunt and closed his phone. He frowned and stared out into the darkness.

The presence of something like that didn't mean Luhan was a robot right? They're not connected.

But Chen had this nagging feeling in him that made him utterly uncomfortable. "Stop thinking about it, Chen. There's no way Luhan hyung can be a robot." he murmured.

 

 

 

"Jungie."

"Luhan."

"Jungie."

"Luhan."

"Jungie."

"Luhan." Xiumun finished for Haejung with a roll of his eyes. He casted a disgusted look at the couple in front of them.

They were returning to Seoul once again and Haejung and Luhan were allocated to share a same cabin on the train with Xiumin and Tao.

Xiumin growled and covered his face with the pillow. "Can you two please cut back on the sweetness? I'm getting instant diabetes." he complained.

Luhan ignored Xiumin, his arm still curled tightly around Haejung's shoulders and he pressed a kiss on top of her head sweetly. "Jungie." he murmured.

Tao buried his face in his hands. "Hyung, I think today's breakfast might very well be coming out of my system any time soon." he gagged.

Xiumin nodded. "Me too. Let's go before we get killed by these two romantic serial killers."

The two boys rushed out of the cabin to join the other EXO-M boys in the other, leaving the couple to themselves. Haejung sat up guiltily. "Luhan, we chased them away."

"No. They wanted to go off themselves." Luhan blinked innocently. "Come back here." he pulled her back beside him and rested his chin on top of her head.

Playing with her hair leisurely, Luhan smiled. "I feel really happy now you know, Jungie."

Haejung bit back a smile. She felt so too.

"You don't know how happy I am." Luhan whispered. "I didn't know being a robot could love. But I really love you, and I'm even happier than you love me back."

Haejung nodded and leaned against him. "But what happens now, Luhan?" she asked, looking at their intertwined hands. "You can't stay with me forever. You have to return to the RB company some day."

Luhan nodded sadly. "I'm thinking of earning enough money to free myself from them." he tilted her head up to look at her. "And I'll be with you forever."

Haejung chuckled softly. "And you know how much you cost?"

Luhan scratched his head. "Uh...I think it's definitely in the billions or something."

"Billions?" Haejung's eyes widened.

"And I mean in pounds." Luhan added with an afterthought.

"POUNDS?" Haejung's jaw dropped.

Luhan chuckled and closed . "I'm a robot boyfriend remember? I'm perfect. Before you know it, maybe I'll create a new brand called Orange and I'll defeat Apple, and I'll have enough money to buy myself from the company."

"You do that." Haejung nodded. She gulped. "Billion pounds." she murmured in shock.

Luhan thought of something and he bit his lip. "By the way Jungie, I heard Yoon Doojoon got back with Kim Haneul last night." he looked at her worriedly.

Haejung nodded and closed her eyes, snuggling against him. "Yeah?"

Luhan blinked. "You're not bothered?"

Haejung smiled with her eyes closed. "Nope. Why would I be?" she mused. "I told you I'm in love with you. That means I'm only in love with you and no one else you know."

Luhan softened and a smile crawled on his face. "I'm only in love with you too."

He kissed her cheek and tightened his grip around her closing his eyes to fall asleep.

Life could never get better.