Plans

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung's eyes were wide as saucers as she stared at the couple in front of her. "L-Luhan?" she squeaked. "You mean your son was called Luhan?"

The woman nodded. "Yes Haejung sshi, is anything the matter?"

Haejung grabbed for her bag wildly and searched for her phone. She found it at the bottom of her bag and quickly slid it open, shoving the device at the couple and not at all caring how rude it might seem to other people. She pointed to the photo of Luhan and her. "He's the robot boyfriend sent to me. His name is Luhan."

The couple gasped. "Yeobo..." the woman, now as you all know as Mrs Lu, turned to her husband with her lips trembling. "Yeobo.. Luhan. Our Luhan isn't dead yet!"

Mr Lu seemed equally affected and he his lips. "And young lady, you're Luhan's girlfriend."

Haejung nodded. Now that she thought about it, she was already meeting the parents before everything else and even without Luhan by her side, but it didn't matter. "Yes. I love him." she whispered longingly.

Luhan's parents seemed out of it for a few moments until Mr Lu finally pulled himself back to Earth. "Okay now that we know Luhan's alive, we have to do something about it." he said determinedly. "Meiling, don't push your hopes too high yet. You don't know if this boy's really our son."

"But yeobo don't you see the resemblence between him and us?" Mrs Xi asked eagerly.

Mr Xi nodded. "Yes but...what if?" he shrugged. "Just...don't put too much hopes before we confirm anything. In the mean time, we've got to crush Joowan and his company. We can't allow anymore humans to be used as robots any longer. It's going to harm more and more people."

Mr Xi looked at Haejung. "And we're going to need your help, Haejung, our daughter-in-law, assuming your Luhan is ours."

Haejung's cheeks pinked despite herself. "Arraso. I'll call the back up."

 

 

 

Which was how the EXO-M boys got to meet Mr and Mrs Xi as well. They were stunned by the story and Xiumin couldn't help stuffing buns into his mouth as he listened. He was so shocked that he had to put his mind on something else or he'll just faint on the spot.

Tao looked positively frightened when Mr Xi came to the part where his "robot" helper Jaejoong died and quickly closed his eyes to meditate his chi.

Kris still looked calm and collected on the outside but his eyes were wild with disbelief, mirroring's Lay's expression. Immediately after the story finished, Chen turned his gaze to Haejung and offered a smile.

There was hope.

"So what you're saying is that Luhan hyung might actually be a full human whose body was manipulated by this Dr Yang person to ressemble a robot?" Kris clarified, summarising the entire story.

Mr Xi nodded. "Yes. Although we can't be too sure that your Dr Yang was the Yang Joowan we knew and your Luhan is our son. But there can't be so many coincidences altogether in this place. We are quite sure about it."

Chen suddenly felt guilty. *And all this time I was underestimating the love Luhan hyung shared with Haejung because he was a robot, when he had been a human all along. His love was real, even through the manipulations in his body.*

"So what are we going to do now?" Lay asked, frowning. "Can we even go to the police about this?"

Mrs Xi nodded. "We can try but I doubt they will believe us." she frowned. "Yeobo, remember you called the police the last time when Jaejoong died and you wanted to call the cops on Joowan to have him arrested? Maybe we can relate this incident to that."

Mr Xi considerered this. "We can try. It'll be particularly useful if the chief commander for the operation, Agent Yoo, is still working in the police force. But it's been twenty years..." he frowned.

"And if they believe our case and they search the robot company....we can get Luhan hyung back?" Tao asked, his eyes shining.

Haejung's eyes widened and she bit back a smile. Could it be? They could get Luhan back? She couldn't wait to be in his arms again, couldn't wait to hear his voice, couldn't wait to see his smile.

She had been living without actually living the past few days that he had been gone. It's been almost a week and she felt like she was living in hell.

The other students didn't anymore, they weren't mean to her and were respectful and even friendly. A hundred eighty degree change from their past attitude.

But it hurt so much more when they came over to her and asked about Luhan innocently, not knowing what had happened to her boyfriend but reminding her of what happened everytime they asked. It seemed those harmless words of theirs hurt her even more than the insults did.

Haejung burst out of her seat. "What are we waiting for then? Let's go to the Police station!" she hurried them.

Mrs Xi chuckled, hope glimmering in her eyes. "If your Luhan is really our son, I'd love to have you as my daughter-in-law." she mused. "Come on Yeobo, she's right. What are we waiting for? Cross our fingers and let's hope Agent Yoo is still around!"

The bunch of them took the cab to the nearest Police Station. Mr and Mrs Xi drove, while the rest of the EXO-M boys and Haejung took the cabs. They arrived at the exact same time and rushed through the entrance in a whole group.

The young police officer tending the front desk blinked as the whole lot of them clambered in, panting and looking wild-eyed, desperately reaching for the desk. He unconsciously leaned backwards.

"Are all of you making a police report?" he almost squeaked but forced himself to mutter in a more manly voice at the last minute.

Mr Xi bit his lip. "Kind of. Is Agent Yoo still working here?"

"Agent Yoo?" the Police officer asked, scratching his head. "There aren't any officers in this unit with the surname Yoo. The last one was around ten years ago."

"Ten years?" Mrs Xi brightened. "Wait is his name Yoo Jae Suk?"

The Police Officer nodded. "Yeah! He's one of the senior agents around the place and highly respected. I heard about him even though he wasn't around when I came into the unit. I'm afraid he's unreachable though."

"Why?" Kris frowned. "Don't you have his number or something? He investigated a case twenty years ago and we need his help because he had handled that case first hand and we suspect something similar is happening again right now."

The police officer frowned. "I'm sorry. Number or not, he's unreachable." he bowed. "Agent Yoo has passed away ten years back while on duty on a mission. He was in the front line of fire and he got hit by a bullet straight through his heart when a few terrorists tried to sabotage a train station. I'm sorry."

Their faces fell altogether.

"But...but..." Haejung fought for words. "Aren't there any other officers working on that case the other time? Can't we find them?"

The officer shrugged. "Maybe. But twenty years is a lot of time. Reopening the previous case would take some time as well and we have to go through all the details because the new men aren't familiar with the clues and situation from the past." He looked at them. "You say you have a new case? Would you like to speak to the current Head Agent Kim instead?"

"Yes please." Mr Xi nodded.

Since Mr and Mrs Xi were the ones who had gone through the first case themselves, they were asked into the office. Chen and Haejung were also asked in because one was Luhan's girlfriend while the other had managed to slip into the RB company building.

Mr Xi explained what had happened twenty years ago and Haejung explained what was happening right now again. They deduced their theory of how Luhan might be Mr Lu's son in which Yang Joowan kidnapped in revenge for Mr Lu's betrayal and how they were using humans like pets.

"I want to help you guys, but you do know how ridiculous this case sounds?" Agent Kim frowned. "I mean...human robots?"

Haejung nodded desperately. "It sounds ridiculous, but it's every bit true. Please believe us and help us get Luhan out of there." she pleaded.

Agent Kim bit his lip. "I want to help but I can't use the men easily like that. We have to have substantial evidence before taking action." he reasoned. "Are they any evidences you have that can prove Dr Yang of the RB company is Yang Joowan and there are violations to human rights being carried out in that place?"

The four of them looked at each other.

"Well maybe you can check on who registered the RB company in the first place. If the name was Yang Joowan or something." Chen suggested.

Agent Kim smiled. "Smart boy, but I've already asked my assistant to check on that. She'll be back soo-"

The door opened and a woman came in. "Agent Kim. The CEO of the Robot Boyfriend Corporation is called David Yang. His name is not Yang Joowan." she frowned. "There could have been a name change somewhere but there wasn't enough time to find out about that yet."

"Hmm. Thanks." Agent Kim waved her away. He frowned at them. "Okay, if you can give me substantial evidence to prove your case, I'll be willing to help. Is that alright?"

The four of them nodded grudingly. "We'll find the evidence then. Thank you Agent Kim."

They slumped and trudged out of the office to meet the other three anxious EXO-M boys. "So how did it go?" Xiumin asked anxiously.

"They say we need evidence." Haejung looked desperate. "We have to get into the RB company to find evidence, take pictures. We have to prove the violation of human rights. , why is this so difficult?" she buried her face in her hands.

"Haejung noona." Tao sighed and hugged her. "We'll get Luhan hyung out."

Kris nodded. "Yes. We have to plan. We have to get rid of this awful company before more innocent human boys are made into robots."