Telling Everyone

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung was puzzled beyond words.

Just what was that Luhan thinking? Why did he change his style all of a sudden? Did he know how ridiculous he looked like that?

Sure there are plenty of bad boys going around, but what the, they didn't have an angelic cute face like he had. How did he even think his face would match a bad boy vibe. She chose "cute" instead of "manly" for a reason when she took the survey. She didn't need another Doojoon heart break in her life and it would just serve to remind her of it.

Luhan had been using terms he didn't use usually. Like damn, darn, cool, chill... And it didn't fit his image, it didn't fit his personality.

Or should she saw it didn't fit the way he was made to be. And Haejung didn't like it one bit.

The usual female crowd that visited the eatery every single day to see Luhan, were surprised at the change. But no they didn't dislike it. In fact they kind of embraced it.

"Luhan, over here! An order of dumplings!"

"Cool. Got it, man." Luhan smirked, paired up with a y drawl. Mrs Goo raised her brows questioningly.

"Kyaa that was so y!" the girls in the eatery spazzed excitedly and fanned their red cheeks. Haejung rolled her eyes and continued working, serving the males in the eatery instead because all the females would glare at her in utter disdain if it turned out she was serving them instead of Luhan.

"What is wrong with Luhan today?" Mrs Yoo pulled Haejung into the kitchen. "He's behaving so weirdly today."

"I have no idea." Haejung shook her head. "Someone must have put an idea in him that dressing like that and walking around with what he thought was swag would be a cool idea." she shuddered.

She didn't like this new Luhan one bit. She was used to the innocent and cute Luhan who would care of for her everything instead of this strange one.

"Well, I hope he changes back soon." Mrs Yoo stated. "I don't think I can bear another day watching him wear that dog chain of his."

It became worse because these darn fangirls encouraged his new image. They cooed and squealed when he spoke a bad word or acted like a bastard.

Luhan thought he was doing a great job at this new bad boy thing even though he had no idea what he was doing. He had to constantly remind himself to speak rudely or walk with this y saunter.

He had to be constantly alert of his actions at every single second or he'd just revert back to the old Luhan who was sweet and cute and adorable.

It was hard.

But Luhan would do it for Haejung if she really was embarrassed by him.
He would do anything for her, he'd improve himself. He'd change as much a he could, he'd be a Doojoon impersonator if he had to.

Luhan looked over at Haejung and saw her serving the customers without sparing him a glance. Why wasn't she looking when all he had done was for her?

Luhan pouted subconsciously.

He saw the boys she was serving eying her up and down and secretly laughing at her attire. This fierce fire of possessiveness and protectiveness surged through him, something his robot body had never managed to produce with that much of an intensity.

He stalked over immediately and nudged Haejung out of the way gently. "What's your order, dude?" he asked, not politely.

The guys frowned. "We don't want you to take our order. We want nerd girl."

Luhan growled. "Shut up and get out of here if you don't have anything nice to say."

"Oh look here. A bad boy defending the nerd girl." the guys smirked. "Badass huh?" they eyed his dog chain. "We know a fake gangster when we see one, dude."

Luhan frowned. Did he not look badass enough? He thought he was succeeding in the look! "I don't care what damn things you know, if you don't want to order, get your out of the door." Luhan sneered.

Haejung's eyes widened. Okay, this Luhan was really new.

Sure she knew Luhan cared for her safety and what not, but for him to be so hostile about something, it seemed really strange. She tugged on his sleeve gently. "Luhan, stop. You're making a scene."

Luhan turned to look at her, his eyes hard. "But..that's what bad boys do." he whispered back. Haejung's eyes widened. *EXCUSE ME?*

"Damn it man, this eatery is boring." the guys stood up, rolling their eyes. "Can't even laugh at a nerd girl without a fake badass trying to us up. this." they threw the menu on the ground and stormed out of the shop.

Luhan picked the menu up and placed it on the table again. He looked back at Haejung, wondering if his display of manliness had affected her or not.

To be honest, he was angry. He was angry at those people for laughing at her. He was angry with how everyone didn't seem to be able to see Haejung the way he did. He was angry that nobody appreciated her.

And this rage had fueled his words and actions, though his brain kind of phrased it in the way he wouldn't normally do. A little meaner and cooler than how he would have handled it normally, but the anger was real. Oh, don't you dare doubt that anger, it was still burning in him.

But the words he chose, the way he subconsciously told himself that he had to persist with this badass image, the way he ended up being an equally rude person himself, it all put Haejung off. She shook her head and frowned, returning to the kitchen without looking at him.

*I must have a talk with him before he turns bad.* Haejung thought to herself.

-------

Haejung watched as Luhan came out of the washroom with his usual hoodie and sweats. This was the Luhan she was used to, thank goodness.

But when Luhan sat down on his bunk opposite of hers and opened his mouth, she took back all her positive thoughts.

"Hey man, you're reading that darn book the professor assigned us?" Luhan looked over at her book and drawled ily. "Cool."

Haejung set the book down and stared at him with an incredulous expression. "Just what do you think you're doing, Luhan?" she questioned. "Why are you behaving like this?"

Luhan looked at her. "Behaving like what, dude?" he shrugged. "I'm just adding some swag into my life, hey yo."

Haejung rolled her eyes and closed the book, chucking it into her bag. Luhan blinked at her. "You're not reading it anymore, man?"

Haejung shot him a look. "I am a girl thank you very much." she retorted. "Can you please talk as you usually do, Luhan?"

"Why?" Luhan responded curiously. "You don't like my swag?" he did a cool stance where he saw G-Dragon do on the internet.

"No." Haejung answered curtly. "Because you don't survive on swag, you survive on hardwork and talent." she snorted. "Can you please tell me what's up? Why are you dressing and talking like that? Why did you act that way in the eatery?" she sighed and massaged her temples.

"Luhan, although you're a robot and all, I kind of know you, almost like how a person does." Haejung looked at him. "It's like I understand your software, I know how you work. And that way you acted back there at the eatery wasn't you. It was someone else. The old Luhan would have used wit to scare those guys away instead of using such curses and threats to chase them out. What's going on?"

Luhan stared at her. Why was she talking like that? Didn't she appreciate his efforts?

"Well..." Luhan stared at the floor for a bit. "I thought it would be cool-"

"Don't you dare use the words damn, darn, cool or swag from now onwards." Haejung cut in, frowning.

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "It's in the RB rules to be honest, Jungie. So I'll tell you the truth." he sighed. "Honestly? I thought you were embarrassed by me so I was trying to change myself to fit your ideal type better." he admitted. "I thought if you liked Yoon Doojoon's style, you'd like someone like that. Badass and tough. So I tried being another Yoon Doojoon, sorry I failed." he sulked.

Haejung looked at him in confusion. "Why would you want to change yourself all of a sudden?" she questioned.

"Well, I thought you were embarrassed by me because you didn't want to have anything to do with me besides being friends in school." Luhan pouted. "I'm your robot boyfriend after all, and you don't acknowledge the fact that I'm closer to you than any of the other boys. You don't acknowledge how we're in a special relationship though we haven't done anything."

He sighed. "Then again, maybe you suggested us being Secret Lovers because you were embarrassed by me and didn't want others to know about me." he mumbled sadly. "I don't like it, Jungie. I don't want to be another guy in your life. I want to be special, even if it was just a little difference from the other boys, it's okay."

"I don't like lying, Jungie. It's against my system." Luhan muttered. "I don't like it. I don't like it a lot."

Haejung stared at Luhan, a lump coming into . For the first time since Luhan came, he actually looked genuinely melancholic. He looked as if he was seriously bothered by what he was talking about and he actually believed what he was saying.

But could he hear himself? Why in the world would she be embarrased by him? He should be embarrassed by her,  more like.

"Luhan." Haejung sighed and got out of bed, shuffling over to him. "You don't have to change yourself. You are meant to be how you are now and you don't have to try to be someone else. Yoon Doojoon is Yoon Doojoon. Luhan is Luhan. You're fine the way you are." she told him seriously.

"I didn't realise you were upset about us lying." Haejung mumbled guiltily. "I didn't realise my decisions made you feel bad. I'm sorry, I never felt embarassed by you. I never felt that and I never will. It's you that should be embarrassed by me and you aren't. And I'm thankful." she looked up at him gratefully.

"Don't change yourself, Luhan." Haejung whispered, her cheeks pinking. This was by far the longest speech she had ever spoke, that mirrored her true feelings from within. "I like you the way you were before, you don't need to be like Doojoon oppa. Please don't change."

Luhan stared at her for a moment and his tear generator actually started working. Damn, was he crying? Luhan mentally told himself to stop those water droplets from leaking out of his eyes and reached out to tug on Haejung's arm.

She fell into his embrace and he tightened his arms around her. "Thank you Jungie. I'm glad you don't feel that way." he murmured into her hair. "I won't change. I'll be this Luhan you know till time ends." he promised.

Haejung smiled. She really hoped so.

 

 

 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Luhan looked at her.

Haejung nodded. "Yeah. Just....you'll see why I didn't want to tell the others. But I guess I owe you this much." she smiled. Together, the two of them walked into the school compound together.

Eyes turned naturally wherever Luhan went, and these eyes widened when they saw Haejung with him. Did they come together today?"

"Luhan oppa, did you meet Yoo Haejung at the gates?" one envious fangirl asked. "Does that mean if I camp outside at the gates I get to walk into school with you?"

Luhan looked at the girl. "Not exactly. Haven't we told you? I'm living at Jungie's house."

The girl's eyes widened. "You....WHAT?"

Haejung pinked. Damn, she was starting to regret it already and this was only one fangirl. What about the other thousands? Well at least she had time for the mental preparation.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE LIVING WITH YOO HAEJUNG!!" the girl screamed.

Haejung mentally facepalmed herself.

Okay then, goodbye mental prep.