Visit at the Eatery

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung still wasn't very used to the fact that the EXO-M boys had wanted to be her friends and that they now were.

She was used to being alone, to try to fade into the background and having to handle everything herself.

It wasn't something a nineteen year old had to handle, or rather, anyone needed to handle. No one deserved to be alone, and everyone should have someone by their side.

Haejung was already trying to accustomed to the fact that Luhan would NEVER listen to her about keeping his distance at school just for his benefit, and when Luhan and her walked down the hallway to their lockers and saw the EXO-M boys, she actually ducked her head down from instincts.

Her feet were the one thing she looked at the most all day when she tried to hide her face from everyone else. She had been staring at her worn out sneakers when a hand reached over to her chin and tilted her head up.

"Why are you looking down, Jungie?" Luhan asked, not understanding. "There isn't anything interesting on the ground."

Haejung bit her lip. How was she supposed to explain her insecurities?

At this point, the EXO-M members had also arrived around them and smiled at Luhan and Haejung. "Why didn't you say hi, Haejung?" Xiumin pouted, his bun face looking absolutely cute. "Your gaze was avoiding us!"

Haejung smiled apologetically. It was a habit to avoid a gaze, because when she met eyes with someone, it usually ended with a wonderful insult session.

"Jungie let me get your books." Luhan grabbed the thick textbooks from Haejung's hands, pulling it over to him.

Haejung held on to them. "No I can manage." she murmured, looking around at the curious and envious glances of other girls and feeling a little embarrassed and insecure with the attention.

"Let me help you, Jungie." Luhan insisted, pulling the books with his superhuman strength. Haejung held on tighter to her books even though she thought her fingers were going to break. Was this Luhan even human? His strength is formidable.

"Just let him, Haejung." Lay mused. "Luhan hyung isn't going to give up."

Haejung reluctantly released her fingers and Luhan hugged her books happily. "Now let's go to class!" he announced.

Haejung didn't like how that simple action presented how supposedly close they two were. She didn't trust Luhan to keep his identity a secret and she feared the day when it leaked.

But then again, having someone do something for her was really a nice change.

"Hey Haejung your mother runs an eatery right?" Kris asked. "We should visit it this afternoon, boys."

There were choruses of agreement especially from Xiumin who was the biggest pig of them all.

"Oh do come!" Luhan smiled. "Jungie and I will serve wonderful dishes!" he boasted proudly.

Haejung elbowed him hard as the other boys narrowed their eyes at them in suspicion. "Jungie and I?" Tao blinked.

"Uh. He's working at the eatery." Haejung explained, pushing her glasses up. "An extra pair of helping hand you know."

She frowned at Luhan, her heart pounding. Damn, was she going to have to watch out for everything this guy said to make sure he didn't leak anything important?

"Oh." Chen bit his lip, nodding. "Then we'll see you and hyung later then." his eyes trailed to Luhan who was smiling so brightly at Haejung that he thought his hyung's mouth had to hurt, and found the scene a little....in need of getting used to.

*I didn't know hyung was working at the eatery too. Why didn't they tell us that yesterday? It isn't something easily forgotten.* he scratched his head. Strange.

 

 

 "You say what?" Mrs Yoo looked at her daughter with wide eyes. "You say your friends are coming over?"

Haejung nodded, checking the temperature of the stew and using a spoon to test the taste. Hm. A little too bland. She took out the salt container and scooped some into the stew.

"Your friends?" Mrs Yoo looked so happy Haejung thought she'd combust right on the spot. "You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say that, Haejung. You've always been alone, I really wanted you to make more friends." she wiped a tear.

Haejung made a face. "I have you, Umma. You're all I need." she protested.

"Yeah but I'm not the same as a same age peer. I don't look exactly nineteen do I?" Mrs Yoo looked down at herself and laughed. "I'm just estatic to hear that you've made friends, Haejung. I'll make extra large servings for them!"

She looked at the clock and tapped her feet. "Now when are they coming?

Just at that moment, the door to the eatery opened and the bell tingled, signalling incoming of new customers. Five handsome guys strode into the eatery, and all the girls who had been in the eatery to look at Luhan turned to stare at the five new handsome guys instead.

Oh this was their lucky day indeed.

Chen looked around and his eyes landed on Haejung. He smiled. "Haejung!" he waved. "We're here!"

Mrs Yoo's jaw dropped. "You didn't tell me your friends were guys?" she choked. "And not to mention all so good-looking like Luhan! Oh my, you're growing up so fast, Haejung." she wiped another tear and began sniffling.

Haejung rolled her eyes. "Umma, you sound as if I'm getting married already."

"Almost." Mrs Yoo whispered as she watched Luhan burst out from the kitchen to welcome the EXO-M boys, pulling Haejung along. "Hellooooooo!!!" Luhan beamed. "Welcome to our humble eatery. What would you like to eat?" he bowed.

Kris raised his brows as he settled on one of the seats. "Do you do that to every of the customers, hyung?" he retorted. "If so that's freaky. Really freaky.

Luhan pouted while Haejung giggled. True true.

"Woah you even sell dumplings here?" Xiumin's stomach growled loudly. "I'm getting so hungry just looking at the menu. Oh my I want to order everything here!" he whined. "But I don't have the money." he leaned over nearer to Lay and beamed cutely. "Lay dongsaeng~~~~" he sang.

"Oh no you don't." Lay pushed Xiumin away with a straight face. "If you don't remember you actually are in a debt of grand total hundred and fifty thousand won that you borrowed from me purely to buy food. I'm not buying you anything until you return me my money."

"Psssh. Stingy." Xiumin made a face.

Mrs Yoo danced out and beamed at the boys. "You boys are Haejung's friends? I'll get you one out of everything from the menu alright?" she smiled generously. "It's on the house."

"Ahjumma there's no need to-" Chen began, when Mrs Yoo cut him off. "Nonsense! How much do you students have for allowance anyway?" she tutted. "I must treat you guys to good food, seeing how you befriended my dear Haejung. I will remember this day for life, the day my daughter grew up." she sniffled.

"Umma!" Haejung hissed.

Mrs Yoo smiled, ignoring her daughter's tone. "You and Luhan can stay here and chat with your friends. I can handle the eatery for now, it's not the peak hours yet." she told her. "Enjoy yourselves kids!"

"Neh~" the EXO-M boys chorused cutely, making the other girls that were present in the eatery squeal and swoon.

Luhan pulled Haejung to the chair beside him and talked animatedly with the EXO-M boys. He seemed to have a rather high EQ, because there was no one who saw him and didn't like him immediately. For the girls it was sure to be some form of crush, and for the guys they all thought Luhan looked pleasant and friendly, a perfect candidate for a trustworthy buddy.

Haejung was the only one who didn't fall for Luhan's charms immediately. But on second thoughts, maybe she did, just a little. She still couldn't get over how a guy can look prettier than a girl.

The boys were talking animatedly about cars, a topic that most boys loved. Even though Haejung didn't have any friends since she had always been discriminated against, she knew that boys of  her age generally liked cars, girls and computer games. (She read from a research paper.)

And it seemed it too applied to her secret robot boyfriend Luhan. Luhan was the most knowledgeable out of them on the topic of cars, and he cited the types of engines and gears from memory, going into technical terms that the other boys didn't understand.

"Woah, how did you know all that stuff, hyung?" Tao blinked in awe.

Luhan grinned. "It's all in here." he tapped his head.

Haejung shook her head in amusement. *Bragger.* She stood up as she saw her mother struggling with the trays of food and went to help, making Luhan stay since he was having such a great conversation and all.

Chen watched her go and bit his lip. He excused himself to go to the toilet and followed Haejung into the kitchen. "Hey. Do you need help?"

Haejung pushed her glasses and swept some messy hair away from her face to look at him. "Huh?" she blinked. "Oh no. I can manage." she assured.

Chen bit his lip and slowly made his way to her. "Uhm I always wanted to .... to apologize for something." he stuttered, looking at his feet.

Haejung stopped scooping the stew and turned to look at him in puzzlement. "Apologize? What for?"

"You know that day when Yoon Doojoon....at the cafeteria...." he trailed off, not wanting to say the actual words. Haejung's face fell. "Yeah. I remember." her voice cracked.

"Remember how I asked you not to go to the cafeteria?" Chen asked. "You didn't listen to my words and went, and I had always felt guilty about it because I didn't explain the whole matter to you beforehand. Maybe if I showed you the text message they sent us, you'd believe me and all these wouldn't have happened. Because I with held the information, you were exposed to this form of hurt." he lowered his head.

Haejung gaped at him, not believing that this kingka was actually taking it upon himself for what happened to her. "It's not your fault, really." Haejung murmured. "It would have happened even if I didn't turn up at the cafeteria that day. From the day Doojoon oppa asked me to be his girlfriend, I was meant to suffer this hurt at the end."

"You don't blame me?" Chen looked at her hopefully.

Haejung shook her head and smiled genuinely, the first real smile she showed in front of any of the EXO-M boys. Chen was slightly taken aback, as the warmth spread throughout his body. People who thought this girl was a nerd and stayed away from her were idiots. Look at her smile and you'll know she deserves a chance like any other.

"No." Haejung shook her head. "I don't."

Chen heaved a sigh of relief and beamed back. "Well then I can sleep in peace no-"

"JUNGIE WHERE ARE YOU? WHY AREN'T YOU COMING BACK YET?" Luhan hollered.

Haejung facepalmed herself as Chen chuckled in amusement. "A little attached, huh, Luhan Hyung?" he chuckled.

Haejung shook her head. "You have no idea."