Nice Guy Chen

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung was down the next day, grumpy and moody. People around her could feel it and even the EXO-M boys noticed it.

"Hey do you think Haejung's behaving really down today?" Xiumin asked. He nudged Luhan. "Do you know if anything happened?"

Chen nodded. "Yeah. You're the closest to Haejung out of us, you should know what happened."

Luhan sighed.

Haejung had been so disturbed after what she saw the previous night that she kept sniffling in her sleep.

She didn't even say a word as Luhan crept into her bed and held her as she cried softly into his chest. It pained him to see her that way.

He would hold her tightly, whisper comforting words into her ears and her hair soothingly. She felt asleep some time in the night and Luhan kept an eye on her incase she woke up again and started crying once more.

He watched as her face contorted in disturbance and fear every once in a while and he would do everything he could to make it go away.

He did it till the sun rose in the morning. Holding her, her hair, caring for her.

And he wasn't pleased at all. Yoo Haejung was unhappy and do was he.

He didn't think she deserved to be sad. She deserved to smile.

Haejung had suffered enough in life. Her father passed away when she was young. She didn't get to go out like other teenagers after school, and most of her times were contributed to the eatery. She had to endure the insults and teasing from the other mean people in school.

Yoo Haejung had so many bad things going on for her and she deserved the simple right to smile.

And Luhan was going to find that smile back for her.

He sighed and looked at Xiumin. "Yeah. Jungie's sad because last night-"

"EHHH?" the EXO-M boys chorused in suspicion.

Luhan mentally slapped himself. Babo babo!

"I mean uh...." he swallowed. "Something must have happened last night for her to be unhappy like this." he twisted his fingers behind his back, feeling the unease as he kept he truth from them.

The EXO-M boys deflated. "Thanks Captain Obvious." Kris rolled his eyes. "We totally couldn't figure that out without your help. Thank you so much." he said sarcastically.

"Well if she doesn't want us to know, we don't have the right to probe either." Lay shrugged. "She'll tell us in good time."

Chen nodded, shooting a glance towards Haejung. She was writing furiously, working on the latest essay assignment.

And he found out that Yoo Haejung wrote when she was feeling down. Because the essay she was writing was more than double the length of her usual ones, and she was still going at it like her inspiration hadn't run out.

*Hope she's okay.* he thought worriedly.

Luhan too looked at Haejung and sighed. He knew she was sad because of Doojoon and Haneul, but he didn't really understand it.

Why did she look so disturbed when Doojoon and Haneul went into the hotel together? What did they do inside for more than one hour?

"Hey guys." Luhan spoke up. "Can I ask a question?"

"Yeah?" Xiumin nodded, munching on another bun. Freaking bun boy.

"I was wondering," Luhan scratched his head. "If a girl and a guy go to the hotel together, what do they do inside?"

The EXO-M boys stared at him with their mouths wide opened. In a fraction of a moment, Xiumin flew to cover Tao's ears while Kris covered Tao's eyes.

Tao struggled to get out of his hyungs' grasp and wailed. "Let me go! I know what he's talking about you dumb dumbs!"

"You do?" Xiumin dropped his bun from his mouth in horror. "Oh no. Our maknae is all grown up." his bottom lip wobbled.

Lay leaned towards Luhan, grinning. "Do you seriously not know, Luhan hyung? What do YOU think they're doing in there then?"

Luhan shrugged. "I don't know. I have no idea actually. That's why I'm asking you."

Chen laughed and nudged Kris. The leader cleared his throat awkwardly. "Uh hyung, so when a girl and guy go to the hotel together," he muttered. "They-"

The boys held their breath.

"-eat cookies." Kris finished grandly.

"WHAT??" EXO-M boys laughed out loud. Tao shook his head in amusement while Xiumin choked on his second bun. "Kris hyung! Cookies?" Lay laughed, crying.

"What!" Kris mouthed. "That's the only thing I could think of!"

Luhan nodded, not noticing how the other boys were laughing. "Oh they w were eating cookies? But is that a lot of cookies? If they stay in the hotel for more than one hour that's got to be a lot of cookies." he commented innocently.

"Uh yeah." Kris grew red. "They uh...they wait for new cookies to be baked you see. Newly baked cookies are the best!"

"Oh hyung." Tao facepalmed himself.

Kris cleared his throat. "Enough of hotels." he reprimanded them. "Study you guys. Aish." he turned to his books with his cheeks still flaming red.

The other EXO-M boys smiled in amusement and took out their books obediently. Luhan on the other hand, tapped his chin as he digested the information.

"So they went to eat cookies?" Luhan murmured, nodding. "But....what are cookies?"

 

 

 

Chen watched as Haejung trudged sadly to the toilet. He followed her line of vision as she peeked at Doojoon and Haneul, and a total look of sadness came over her face.

*Does she still like him?* he wondered.

He excused himself from the table, not gaining any suspicion as he followed Haejung. He slipped to the corridor and pulled Haejung's arm before she went into the girls' washroom.

She let out a gasp and Chen made a shushing sound. "Follow me." he whispered.

Chen brought her to the fourth floor, one of the empty dance studios that weren't used at that time because everyone was still having classes.

"Why are we here, Chen?" Haejung whispered, looking around in awe. Even though she was a student of Kyunghee University, she hadn't gone to any of these rooms before.

Chen sighed and settled down in front of the mirror beside her. He pulled her down to sit beside him and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"I didn't want to bother, and I wanted to follow Lay hyung's words." he mumbled. "I know I don't have the right to probe, but you're my friend now Haejung, and I care."

He turned to face her with a serious expression. "I know that something is bothering you, and all of us EXO-M boys are bothered because of it too. Well, at least I am." he admitted. "I don't like seeing you unhappy, Haejung."

Haejung looked down at her fingers and played with them. "You don't have to care about what I'm feeling." she mumbled.

Chen shot her a look. "Yeah?" he retorted. "Too bad, but I've already started caring. All of us have." he told her.

"You're our friend now, Haejung. When we said we wanted to be friends, we really meant it." he said expressively. "And we don't want to be there only when times are good. We want to help you though sufferings and the bad times. That's what good friends are for."

Haejung stared at him, swallowing hard. "Chen..." a tear trickled down her cheek. She was utterly touched.

"Oh no wait...d-don't cry!" Chen waved his hands about in panic. "! I ! What the hell I didn't mean to make you cry!" he ran around the room in panic, looking for tissues.

Haejung giggled lightly at his dorky actions. "Don't bother Chen. I'm not crying." she assured, wiping the tears away.

She smiled up at him. "Thank you, Chen. For caring."

Chen heaved a large sigh of relief as he sat back down beside her. "So you're better now?" he nudged her gently. "No more frowning over Yoon Doojoon?"

Haejung whipped her head towards him and her eyes grew wide. "How did you know?" she gasped.

Chen rubbed the back of his neck. "Seeing how you do readily accepted him when he asked you to be his girlfriend, seeing how you were so sad when it turned out to be a bet, seeing your expression when you looked at Doojoon and Haneul together...."

Chen turned pink, realizing he did notice Haejung quite a lot. He cleared his throat. "Yeah. You get the idea." he shrugged. "It's quite easy to tell."

Haejung sighed and looked at her fingers. "Yeah. I still like him a lot, Chen." she whispered "And it hurts a lot to do so."

Haejung bit her lip hard to not cry in front of Chen again. "If only I'm not ugly like that."

Chen looked at her horrified. "You're not ugly, Haejung! Don't ever say that!" he frowned seriously. "There is no one that's ugly. Just Uhm....not polished."

Haejung laughed bitterly. "That's a nice way of putting it, Chen. But thanks. I know I'm a nerd." she pushed at her glasses.

She stood up and headed for the door. "But thanks for trying, Chen." she smiled at him softly. "You're really a nice guy. Thank you."

She left the room, leaving Chen alone in the dance studio. Chen stared at himself in the mirror and pinched himself.

"You're a nice guy, Chen?" he blinked at himself. "Well....that's the first adjective I've gotten besides handsome, cute and charming." he mumbled.

"Nice guy. I like being a nice guy."