Encounter

Do You Remember?

"Bwoh?! Changmin! How could you?!" You yelled at him furioiusly, angry that he would do such an unspeakable thing.

"M..mianhe, ~~-ah, I didn't think... this would be.. a problem... please... don't be angry... at me..." Changmin lowered his head and his voice came out as a soft whisper.

"Of course it would be a problem! We loved each other but he doesn't remember, so it's become a one-sided love! Pabo! I can't do anything about my love because I might ruin any chance of us getting back together, but my love is at such a point that I might not be able to control myself anymore! I can't... bear... seeing oppa with Jessica unni, but I can't just stand idly by and watch them be together! I'm supposed to be the only one for him! He promised me he would love me, and only me, forever. How can I forget he ever said that, and all the memories we shared? Love doesn't disappear in just a day, so how can I be sure that he doesn't even have one ounce of feeling for me? However, this isn't the way we were supposed to reunite! If he doesn't remember me, I want to start over again as friends and make him love me again! How can I do that if he sees me as a stalker? Changmin, you've ruined everything!" Your sobs grew louder, and the pain in your heart escalated until it came to the point that you couldn't bear it anymore. You dropped to the ground, covering your face with your hands. Your whole body was shaking with the force of your tears.

Yunho kneeled next to you and rubbed your back. He gave Changmin a warning look, as if telling him not to say any more.

Changmin dropped to his knees and started crying too. His sobs weren't as loud as yours, but the pain in his heart was just as intense as yours. Junsu tried comforting him, but Changmin just stood up and ran away to the bathroom.

"Hyung..." Junsu gave Yunho an anxious look.

"Just leave him."

"I should... I should leave." You stood up and bowed formally to the two men.

You walked to the bathroom, and as you pressed your ear against the door, you could hear Changmin crying loudly. Your heart ached with the sounds of sadness that was coming from your oppa. It hurt you to see him suffering.

"Changmin-ah... I'm going." You quietly knocked at the door.

The door opened suddenly, and Changmin emerged. He looked like he had just aged 5 years in 5 minutes. His eyes were red from his tears, his fair skin was paler that usual, and his overall presence emmited a negative, sad mood.

"Mianhe, ~~-ah, I didn't mean for you to get upset." He carefully held your hands and looked down at the floor.

"Changmin..." You yanked your hands away from his. Changmin's face fell when you did this, and it pained you to see his miserable expression. But this had to be done, or else the pain in your heart might become permanent. "I'm not going to the trip. And I might not be able to face you for some time. I'm sorry, but I have to do this." As you murmured this, tears poured from Changmin's face. You couldn't even look him in the eyes anymore. It hurt too much. "Mianhe." You whispered your apologies and walked away from him, towards the front door.

As you left, Changmin cried softly. "You've taken my heart with you, ~~-ah... please... take care of it. But... you promised... so that means you'll be back. Please. Keep your promise."

 

As you rode your bike home, tears kept flowing down your cheeks.

This hurts. I just... left my best friend. And I also rejected the offer of seeing Jaejoong oppa again. I know this is for the best but... it feels like I'm losing more than I thought.

As you rode into your house, a voice stopped you in your tracks.

"~~-ah! My little dongsaeng!"

You turned around and was surprised to see the last person you expected.

"Jessica unni..."

 

"So, how's my little dongsaeng?" Jessica smiled at you, calling you by her petname for you. She had always called you "little dongsaeng" because you were almost a head shorter than her.

You had invited Jessica unni in for tea, partly because it was good to be polite, and also because seeing your unni had reminded you of how much you truly missed her.

"I'm fine." You gave her a reluctant, little smile.

"Hmmm... so I guess Changmin was right about you two having a fight. You look miserable." Jessica gave you a little sympathetic smile.

Changmin?!

"Changmin-ah called me just a few minutes ago, and he told me to visit you. He told me that you two had a little fight, and you might need some consoling. He... also told me about the trip." Jessica continued carefully.

You gaped at her, wide-eyed and open-mouthed.

"I'm not going, but you should. You deserve a break... You and Changmin have had a bad fight. This trip should patch things up. Besides, it will be romantic for you and your boyfriend. I'm sure Junsu, Yoochun and Yunho oppa will give you two some time and space to yourselves." Jessica gave you a suggestive wink.

"Eh? But... who's my boyfriend?" You were still confused beyond belief.

Jessica gave you a strange look. "Changmin, of course."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEHEHE, CONFUSING MUCH.

I'm sorry about the late update, but I have a 4 day weekend, so I should be able to update a bit more frequently...

Sorry if this one sounds a bit rushed, I'm typing while eating my lunch LOL

Don't worry, it's not the end yet, so don't hate me please!

Thanks for reading <3

Comments and feedback will be appreciated :)