Break

Do You Remember?

"Mmmmm..." You slowly woke up, seeing the light creep through the window. You tried rolling over to your side, your eyes still closed, but struggled when you felt something constricting you. You attempted to sit up, but there was a heavy weight laying on your chest. You carefully poked it, unsure of what it was. You felt the thing (whatever it was) move a bit, but still remained on your body. You half-opened your eyes to inspect it.

There was a long, muscular arm resting on top of your stomach. You looked to the side to see what it was connected to.

Jaejoong oppa?! Why is he here?!

Suddenly, the events of last night came rushing back to you.

"AIGOOOOOOOO!" You squealed in excitement and began to giggle merrily.

"BWOH? What happened?!" Jaejoong sat up in shock and quickly jumped out of bed. He grabbed the nearby lamp and started swinging it around.

"Jaejoong-ah! What are you doing?" You sat up, staring at him in alarm.

Jaejoong looked around the room, as he suspected someone might attack him at any moment. After a few minutes, his alert expression was replaced by a confused one. He looked down at the lamp he was holding and his confused expression deepened.

"Wae....?" Jaejoong glanced at you, looking bewildered. "I thought there was a burglar..."

You began laughing at his puzzled expression. He looks so adorable when he's confused!

Suddenly, his phone started ringing and he jumped in surprise. Your giggles became louder. Omo, can I just pinch his cheeks?! So cute!

"Yeoboseoyo?" Jaejoong's voice came out high-pitched. He cleared his voice a few times before speaking again. "Yeoboseoyo?"

"Ah... Jessica!" Jaejoong blushed, walked to the bathroom and closed the door, preventing you from hearing his conversation.

Jessica. I'd forgotten abour her. How could I even think of getting back together with Jaejoong when he's with one of my closest friends? He doesn't even remember me... Last night was just... nothing. He probably DID do it just to shut me up. What am I doing? Why am I doing this? I can't steal someone else's boyfriend, no matter how in love we were before the accident. This... this isn't fair on Jessica unni. I can't do this.

"Neh, nado saranghae..." Jaejoong hung up and looked at you.

You struggled to prevent your resentful feelings from reflecting on your face. I love you too? How could he say that? The only person he used to say that to was me!

"Ummm... we should probably go down for breakfast... annyeonghee kkaysayo." Jaejoong bowed formally and left the room.

Huh? Polite language? Bowing? Why is he so formal all of a sudden?

 

"Annyeong ~~-ah!" Changmin tackled you and playfully engulfed you in a hug.

"Ah! Changmin oppa!" You giggled and struggled to pull away from him. Not that I don't like his hugs, but I feel sort of uncomfortable doing it in public. What if people think we're a couple?

You successfully wriggled out of his grasp, but he wrapped his arms around you from behind. He positioned his chin on your shoulder, his head grazing the side of your cheek.

"At least try to look a little happy, ~~-ah. We're supposed to be dating remember?" Changmin whispered softly in your ear.

"Ah... mianhe... I'm just hungry, that's all." You tried to smile, but you kept on worrying about Jaejoong.

"You're... hungry? Let's get food then!" Changmin smiled his unique smile and pulled you along with him towards the buffet.

"Annyeong ~~-ah!" Yoochun and Yunho chorused happily, giving you million-dollar smiles.

"Yo, dongsaeng! 'Sup?" Junsu waved at you. You waved back, trying to hold back your laughter, his "Engrish" making you want to crack up.

 As you sat down, you realised that someone was missing. "Um... where's Jaejoong?"

"He probably went to the pool. Or skiing. One of the two, since those are the only things you can do around here." Yunho replied.

Yoochun winked suggestively. "Or you can flirt with the gorgeous girls around here."

Changmin coughed and glared at Yoochun, becoming protective towards you.

"I meant, the not-so-gorgeous girls who are NOT ~~-ah..." Yoochun blushed and looked away guiltily.

"Komawo oppa." You smiled at Yoochun and giggled at how territorial Changmin was, real boyfriend or not.

"I'll going to get some food... I'll be right back!" Changmin smiled joyfully at the prospect of food.

 

"Changmin-ah..." You, Junsu, Yoochun and Yunho all stared at Changmin open-mouthed.

Changmin had brought enough food to feed a whole hotel. He brought tens of bowls of ramen, several plates of rice, at least twenty plates plates of bulgogi (barbequed beef), lots of bowls of kimchi and plenty of dumplings.

"Okay... so my food's here... you guys go get yours while I eat!" Changmin started to wolf down the dumplings and ramen.

"All this... is yours?" You asked him, astounded by his eating capacity.

"Neh! Wae? Is something wrong?" Changmin kept on eating.

"An...anio... we'll get our food now, okay?" Yunho carefully stood up, still stunned by the amount of food Changmin had.

"Arasso!" Changmin ate happily, his eyes sparkling in delight.

 

After finishing breakfast (Changmin went back to the buffet for second serves, then back again for a third), you and the group went down to the lodge reception to book your skiing session. The slopes could only hold five groups at a time, so you had to wait a few more hours before you could start skiing.

"Aish! I forgot my snow jacket!" You slapped your forehead and scolded yourself for forgetting.

"Pabo. I'll come with you to the store, if you want." Yoochun smiled at you teasingly.

"Neh, komawo oppa!" You skipped along the lobby, making a show of being excited to buy new clothes.

 

"Yoochun-ah, I can't afford this..." You blushed in embarassment, ashamed you didn't have enough money to pay for anything in the store. Well, it IS Louie Vuitton after all... Why couldn't Yoochun oppa have chosen a cheaper store? Aish...

"No worries. It's my treat. Which one do you like?" Yoochun smiled at you.

"Bwoh? Anio! I can't accept something as expensive as this... Let's just go to another store, oppa..." You hung your head in shame.

"This one looks nice." Yoochun helf up a jacket, ignoring everything you just said.

Wow, it really does look pretty. It was a light baby-blue color, with streaks and splashes of indigo and lavender. It was pretty, but not overly girly. It looked cute but also somehow managed to be mature-looking. It had a gold monogram of the Louie Vuitton logo on the of the jacket. It looked classy and expensive, as if made for movie stars. So pretty... and yet I can't afford it. Aish... why does it have to be so expensive?

"Try it on." Yoochun pushed you into a stall and shoved the jacket at you, ignoring your protests and complaints.

Aish... might as well... You slipped it on, and it moulded to your body perfectly, as if it were made exclusively for you. It hugged your curves, giving you the illusion of height as well as volume. It gave you that sought-after hourglass shape, but did not give you the appearance of being too bulky. It suited you to perfection. The color made your pale skin glow and your eyes shine. Omo, I've fallen in love with this jacket.

"So, how is it ~~-ah?" Yoochun's voice sounded eager from behind the stall curtains.

You stepped out, and Yoochun's eyes widened. His breath was cut short and he started blushing deep red. He looked you up and down and his eyes seemed to glimmer approvingly. He didn't say anything for a few moments.

"Um..." Yoochun stammered after a few minutes of staring. "You look... fine."

"Just fine?" You pouted, pretending to look hurt.

"Let's put it this way... if I didn't think of you as a sister, I wouldn't be just standing here right now..." Yoochun blushed even more, something you didn't even think humanly possible.

"Bwoh?" You feigned confusion, just to embarass Yoochun further.

"Let's go. I'll buy it for you." He turned away, but you could still imagine his blush and staring at you. Hehe, he looks so cute when he's embarassed.

 

"Wow...." Changmin, Yunho and Junsu all stared at you, wide-eyed and open-mouthed.

"I hope your expressions mean that I look okay..." You teased them, flattered with their reactions.

"Okay?! You look amazing!" Yunho gave you a tight hug, resembling Junsu for just a moment.

"Whoa, hyung, that was scary. Let you be you and me be me, okay?" Junsu widened his eyes in mock-horror.

"Arasso... if you insist." Yunho laughed softly.

"Let's go skiing!" Changmin yelled excitedly, grasped your hand and pulled you towards the doors.

 

Whoa, this is kind of scary... You stared wide-eyed in fright at the long distance between the chair lift suspended in mid-air and the long drop-slope at the bottom.

"Gwaenchanaeyo?" Jaejoong looked at you with concern in his eyes.

"Ah! Jaejoong-ah... why are you here?" You asked with genuine curiosity.

"They arranged the chair lifts by room... So I'm stuck with you!" Jaejoong replied in mock-disappointment.

"Yah! Don't you mean I'm stuck with you? Pabo." You stuck your tongue out at him.

"Whatever. Look, this is a good place to drop down..." Jaejoong looked down at the mountain as if it were just a simple jump out of bed.

"BWOH?! Don't you think we should wait for the others to drop down first?" You pointed at the chair lifts ahead of you.

"They dropped down far earlier... they're experienced skiiers. Actually, we all are." Jaejoong explained.

"I'M NOT!" You started panicking, horrified at the thought that you might kill yourself from dropping out of the chair lift incorrectly.

"I wasn't including you in the 'we', pabo." Jaejoong smiled jokingly, until he realised you were genuinely scared. "Listen, ~~-sshi, it's not that hard. I've never hurt myself just by getting off the chair lift. I hurt myself because I crashed into a tree while skiing." Jaejoong laughed cutely, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I'm scared oppa..." You started crying.

Jaejoong looked at you curiously. Ah, I'm stupid. Why did I call him oppa? Aish... pabo, pabo, pabo.

"Just jump down, and believe in yourself." He smiled at you gently.

You nodded. You inched your skis off the chair lift and carefully followed through the movement with your whole body. You felt yourself become airborne, and falling towards the ground rapidly.

"~~-AH! NO! NOT YET!!" Jaejoong sounded terrified and filled with horror and dread.

Omo, is that a tree? I didn't see that as I was going down... Omo... OMO!

From the chair lift several meters above you, Jaejoong heard a sickening crack, the breaking of a bone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a LONG time!!

I hope none of you are sick of my fic yet... it takes a while to write, and sometimes I just don't have the time. =.=

MIANHE, I know school isn't a good enough excuse, but really, it's wearing me out!

I hope you enjoyed this update... I hope it's long enough to make up for lost time...

Thanks for reading <3

Comments and feedback will be appreciated :)