Glow

Do You Remember?

(A/N: This is Jaejoong's point of view)

Aish… What have I done? This is completely my fault… if only I hadn’t scared her, this wouldn’t have happened. What am I going to do? I’m completely responsible for what happens to her. I need to take care of her until she gets better… that’s the only thing I CAN do.

You held your head in your hands, struggling to control your emotions. The horrifying scene of ~~’s descent was replaying itself in your head. The sickening snap and crack of bone, the sound of ~~’s bloodcurdling scream, the sight of bright red blood glistening on her pale, lifeless body. You were haunted with the trauma that was ~~’s accident.

“She hasn’t woken up yet… She fainted from pain and will probably suffer some post-stress trauma. She broke her leg in two places and has a hairline fracture in her rib. She’s in a stable condition, but if she experiences a hard blow to her ribs, it might aggravate into a serious fracture… so serious that her organs may be ruptured by the protruding bones. An incident like that may cause her injuries to become fatal.” The doctor had told you earlier, giving you a sympathetic look.

“But… will she be okay?” You had said, tears welling up in your eyes.

“She needs to be careful. And you, as her boyfriend, need to take care of her to the best of your ability.”

“But… I’m not… she’s not… we’re not…” You stuttered, trying to tell the doctor that you weren’t her boyfriend.

“Bwoh?” The doctor looked at you curiously. “You two are not in a relationship? That’s strange…”

“Bwoh?! ~~-ah’s in a bad condition and all you can talk about is how strange it is that we’re not together? What is wrong with you?!” You had raised your voice, angered by the doctor’s lack of concern for his own patient.

"Anio! It's just... I feel that you two have such a strong connection... even if one of you is unconscious." The doctor had chuckled lightly. "Jwesonghamnida, I didn't mean to make you angry."

"Anio, Jwesonghamnida... I didn't mean to get so worked up. But... kamsahamnida... it's flattering to know that a stranger can tell we're friends." You had smiled, feeling pleased that your friendship was described as "strong".

“Maybe for now, you’ll be friends. But I have a feeling you two may become special to each other in the future.” The doctor had smiled gently at you and patted your arm.

Why… why did I get a tingly feeling in me when he said that? It’s…as if my body WANTS it to happen… for me and ~~-ah to get together. Anio… it’s as if it has already happened. As if my body has already experienced something my mind hasn’t… but… I already have Jessica. So… so why am I like this towards ~~-sshi?

“The patient is awake.” The nurse came to the reception and led you away to the room.

But… does it really matter?

 

She was lying down, with her leg firmly encased in a cast and raised slightly in the air, supported by a pillow.

“Annyeong Jaejoong-ah… gwaenchanayo?” ~~ smiled at you gently, her eyes indicating concern for you.

“Bwoh? You’re the one who got hurt and you’re asking ME if I’m okay?” You smiled at her before shaking your head in mock-frustration. “Pabo.”

“Yah, what if you hurt yourself trying to rescue me? Wouldn’t that be my fault then?” She countered, sticking her tongue out at you. “You’re the pabo here.”

You carefully sat down next to her on the bed, taking care not to touch her injured areas.

“Mianhe… I didn’t mean for you to get hurt. I’ll take care of you, okay? I promise.” You looked into her eyes, willing for her to forgive you.

“It’s okay. I’m fine. Please don’t go to all that trouble… I don’t want to be a burden to you.” She flushed a light pink before lowering her gaze to the bed.

“~~-ah… It’s the only way I can make it up to you. And I’d be more than happy to do that.” You lifted her chin and softly caressed her cheek. She looked at you and just kept staring.

Wow, she looks pretty when she does that. I want to look away, but I can’t… there’s something about her that pulls me in. I… I want to kiss her…

You stood up, muttering goodbye and left the room abruptly.

But I can’t. She’s not mine to kiss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a short chapter, but at least ~~-sshi is fine! Like, no amnesia or anything LOL.

I like doing chapters from Jaejoong's POV... Do you guys want more chapters from his perspective? Let me know!

Thanks for reading <3

Comments and feedback will be appreciated :)