Numb

Do You Remember?

"YAH! Watch where you're going, pabo! That soup was hot!" A lady shouted furiously, shaking her fist at you.

"Jwesonghamnida, ahjumma." You bowed 90 degrees to express your apologies.

As you walked away, you realized that you didn't even notice the bowl slipping out of your hands. In fact, it didn't even bother you when the lady called you stupid. It felt like everything was blurred and hazy, as if you were trying to see underwater. You hardly smiled anymore and your constant facial expression was a dead and expressionless face. Your heart ached so much, it was hardly worth nursing your broken heart and feelings anymore. Your life was meaningless now, knowing that the love of your life was in love. But with someone else.

"~~-ah!" Your boss waved a hand in front of your face. "Are you okay?"

"Neh, sunbae." You deadpanned, with a blank look on your face.

"Are you sure? You don't look so well..." Your boss looked at you with an anxious expression on his face.

"I'm fine."

Your boss frowned at your coldness. He looked deep in thought, as if he was trying to come to a decision.

"Aish, I can't believe I'm doing this... But you're off duty for now. Actually, take a long rest. Take as much time as you need to come back to your normal self. I know this is none of my business, but it looks like you're going through some heartache. So please, take a vacation. Relax, get over this idiot, and get happy again. I don't know how long this proccess will take, but the most important thing is for you to get over this and be the normal, happy and polite ~~ again." He smiled as he explained his generous offer. "Take as much time as you want. Just come back to work when you're ready."

"Bwoh? Sunbae-nim, it's fine. I don't want to be a burden to you." You bit your lip, unhappy that he had guessed your situation correctly.

"No excuses. Go. Have that vacation." Your boss pushed you out the back door, laughing as he did so. He walked you to your bike and waved goodbye as he entered the restaurant again.

You sighed in exasperation. "Aish, what am I supposed to do now?" You absentmindly scratched the back of your head.

As if answering your question, your phone rang.

"Yeobseoyo?" You answered, with a hint of tiredness in your voice.

"~~-ah! How's my favorite dongsaeng?" Junsu's chirpy voice sounded joyful, even over the phone.

"Ah! Junsu-ah! My favorite dolphin is finally calling me... I missed you last time, when Changmin and Yoochun oppa came to visit me... Are you avoiding me, oppa?" You , happiness slowly coming back to you.

"Tch, of course! Who'd wanna hang out with you? You smell, dongsaeng!" Junsu laughed his high-pitched, dolphin-like laugh.

"Yah! Where are you, oppa? I'm gonna kick your duck !" You raised your voice, jokingly threatening Junsu.

"Duck ? Sounds dirty. When did you get so dirty, ~~-ah?" Junsu laughed again, his voice ringing in your ears as he did so.

"Yah! I'm gonna kill you!"

"OMG SUN, I'm so scared, dongsaeng!" Junsu seemed like he was choking on his laughs. "Come to my house and show me what you're made of!"

"Yah! You'll regret this!" You tried to hold back your laughter but it proved impossible. Junsu's laugh was just too contagious.

"Why do you keep saying "yah"? It's getting annoying..." Junsu tried to piss you off, but you could hear him chuckling in the background.

"Yah!"

"Pabo. You sound like a broken CD, just going "yah yah yah". When you come, have some better comebacks, arasso?" Junsu giggled softly.

"Yah, Junsu-ah..."

Junsu laughed again. "See you soon!" He hung up, leaving you with your sentence unspoken.

You giggled to yourself, starting out with a soft chuckle, until you finally couldn't control yourself and you doubled up on your stomach, feeling your laughter rippling through your body.

"What is this? I'm happy again? Junsu oppa... thank you." You thought to yourself after you had calmed yourself down. You smiled to yourself and did a little victory dance, just to congratulate yourself on breaking free of your depression.

Behind the gap of the back door, your boss peered at you and laughed to himself when he saw you dancing. "I knew it was the right thing to do." He softly closed the door and walked back to the kitchen with a new spring in his step.

 

A couple of minutes later, you arrived at Junsu's house. It was still the same as three years ago, except the trees were taller and slightly greener and the pavement was a darker color. You reminisced about the old times, when all six of you were naive and innocent. You sighed. Things were different now, and it sure felt like it.

"~~-ah!" Junsu opened up the door and wrapped you in a bear hug.

"Oppa..." You struggled to breathe as Junsu wound his arms tighter around you. "What is this? Are all the DBSK boys like this? Aish, they're all so unaware of how strong they are." You thought to yourself as you tried to breathe normally.

"I... can't..." You tried to break free of the hug, and this time, you succeeded.

"Wae? Didn't you miss me, ~~-ah?" Junsu pouted cutely, trying to make you feel guilty.

"Anio! Who would miss an annoying person like you?" You teasingly raised your eyebrow at him, trying to piss him off.

"Yah!" Junsu tackled you, engulfing you in another tight embrace.

"Junsu... I can't find my boxers... Don't tell me you used it again... Those are my favorite ones, the ones with the puppies..." Yunho's whiny voice sounded from the living room.

You snickered devilishly as you stepped into the living room. "Oppa... You can use my . They have puppies on them too!"

Junsu burst out laughing as Yunho blushed a deep red. He ran to you and smothered you in a hug.

"~~-ah!" Yunho sang and he lifted you off you feet.

"Yunho oppa, are you sure you're not pretending you're excited to see me just to cover up?" You laughed as he twirled you round and round.

Yunho gently placed you on the ground again and pouted cutely, not unlike Junsu did. "Of course not. I missed my dongsaeng."

"Me too!" Junsu playfully jumped on your back, laughing loudly. "Piggyback!"

"Yah! Me too!" Yunho started chasing you.

You ran around the room, with Yunho running after you and Junsu clinging on to your back. You felt at home again. Your brothers were all you need to make you happy again. They were everything to you, and you meant everything to them. This was it. This was happiness.

Suddenly, your heart dropped. "If I'm supposedly so happy... then why do I feel like something's missing?" You thought to yourself, another throb going through your heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! Everybody's been united at least once!

I'll update as soon as possible... blame school for my slow updates D:

Comments and feedback willl be appreciated :)

Thanks for reading <3