Plead

Do You Remember?

(A/N: Jaejoong's POV)

You sat still on the couch which was in the middle of your apartment's living room. You had a pained expression on your face, reliving the moments before Jessica's encounter with ~~.

 

(A/N: Flashback)

You picked up your ringing phone excitedly, thinking it was ~~ asking you for a date.

I can't even believe I can be this corny... aish, it must be her influence.

"Arasso, but you have to pay for yourself!" You teasingly answered the unasked question that you assumed would be coming from ~~.

"Hyung." A pififul gravelly voice said that single word, and you instantly knew who it was.

"Changmin? Gwaenchana?" You tried to sound calm, but you knew that he had a temper. After what happened with ~~, you knew he would not forgive you easily.

"I thought we were best friends." Changmin's accusing voice pierced your heart. He was very dear to you, but your feelings for ~~ could not supressed. You already felt such strong feelings for her in such a short time.

"We are! Changmin, I know that this hurts a lot for you, but you'll see that this is all for the best. I will love ~~-ah like no other person will, and that includes you-"

Changmin interrupted you. "I love her. And I'm sure she loves me too. How can you get in between a relationship like ours?"

"Changmin-ah..."

"I don't think I can love another person anymore, hyung." Changmin sobbed, his misery getting the better of him.

"Changmin..."

"I've given myself to her, I always do. I only want her to be happy. That's the only thing I want to achieve in my life. But... even though it's selfish... I want her to be happy with me." Changmin stopped talking for a moment to cry sadly.

"Changmin... I don't know if this will make you feel better, but I will take care of her. I will love her, for me and for you." You attempted to console your maknae. It hurt you to hear him in such anguish.

"Anniyo, hyung. That doesn't make me feel better." Changmin's blunt statement nearly pushed you to tears. You knew he was hurt, but his words were so cold. It was unexpected to get this treatment from the usually-bright maknae.

"What can I do to make you feel better, Changmin? I will do anything. Anything." You were so desperate to keep the friendship between you that you were willing to do anything. Even let go of the things you most loved.

"Leave her."

"Changmin..." You started crying hoarsely. I want to keep Changmin as my brother. But to leave her... I don't know if I can do it.

"I will arrange everything. Just...leave her." Changmin hung up on you, leaving you to your own sorrow.

 

(A/N: Back to the present)

You buried you head in your hands and cried for a long while.

I know I didn't know her for that long, but I truly felt something intense towards her. I felt as though I could give up my life for her, if she asked me to. There's a strong connection between us... and I just left her. Like that. Like a cruel and heartless man.

You gripped your hair in your hands and rocked yourself back and forth.

Changmin means a lot to me. That much is obvious. I can't let go of everything that we've built and been through all these years. i made the right decision. I really did.

You shook your head, crying bitter tears.

That's not very convincing, Jaejoong.

-------------------------------------------------

I hope this will elevate your opinions of Jaejoong a bit! He did it all for his maknae...

This will be a double update, YAY ^^

AND I FINALLY HIT THE 100 SUBCRIBERS MARK!

I deserve a chocolate cake :D

Thanks for reading, everyone <3

A million hugs to each and every one of you!