Lay

Not an Angel. Just a Fan.

 

For once, this is a note at the start! As I love both my Bacon and Unicorn equally, I couldn't decide, therefore, enjoy. Multiple ending style.


 

EUNMI P.O.V.

Alright, so maybe I was shaking. Standing outside their door, I shook away my fear. I could do this. This was what I wanted to do.

Pausing, I knocked on the door gently.

Hearing no reply, I knocked a little louder.

With my bags next to me and the book clutched tightly in my hand, I took a deep breath before banging on the door.

Stepping back hastily, the door swung open as I stared at the person who had started it all for me.

“A-ah-um. B-Baekhyun Oppa.”

Staring at me in surprise, he swept me into his arms.

“Angel! You’ve decided not to go away after all?”

It was wrong of me but it felt right. His arms around me, safe and sound. I could just hold him... But it was wrong. Yet who could say what was right and wrong?

Gently pushing him away, I held out the book.

“Oppa... I just wanted to return this to you. I- I can’t return these feelings because I know they’re not right.”

Confused, he stood still as I closed his hand around the journal that had made me change my decision.

“Oppa, I guess. I guess that I did love you. But more of the thought of loving you. I wanted to have the experience of loving a person and being loved back. That’s exactly what you gave me but I can’t steal that from someone who deserves it more.”

As if a lightbulb flashed above his head, he shook his head.

“No. Mimi monster is just infatuated with me. It’s not love. She can’t have loved me for so many years. It’s impossible.”

Giggling, I shook my head in return.

“Nothing is ever impossible Oppa. If you can say that she is just infatuated with me, I can say that we’re both infatuated with each other. It’s not love at all.”

Unable to accept this, he shook his head stubbornly.

“I won’t accept this. You’re my Angel. My guardian.”

“But you’re Soomin’s angel. Her guardian.”

It still didn’t click for him. I had to resort to drastic measures.

“Alright then Baekhyun Oppa. If you say you love me, I demand you to cut off all ties with her. She’s useless and unworthy and I can’t have another girl infatuated with you.”

Looking at me as if I were crazy, he frowned.

“A-Angel. You’re asking me to do this...  Of course I can. I mean it’s just my childhood friend. No one important but... I- I can’t.”

Smiling, I prompted him on.

“Why can’t you? I mean, you love me don’t you?”

As if he had solved a mystery, he spoke in wonder.

“I love Mimi. I love Soomin.”

Glad he had finally realised, I reached up to pat him on the head.

“Now, it’s time for you to go and chase after her for once.”

Still dazed, he nodded absentmindedly.

Handing me the book, he gave me that cheesy smile.

“Maybe Mimi is the girl of my dreams but if Lay Hyung ever hurts you, remember that my arms will always be open of course!”

Laughing, I gestured for him to move on.

“Go. Go. The girl of your dreams is waiting and you’re still hitting on another one.”

Shrugging, he grinned.

“Old habits die hard. But really Angel. Keep my promise in mind!”

Walking away, I snickered as he turned right back.

“Just one last thing from me. Remember how you guaranteed that you’d be worthy of me?”

Nodding, he gave me his typical eyesmile.

“Don’t worry about it. I mean, you’ve already proved to be more than an airhead but standing on the same plane as me? Debut and then we can talk. It’s no use with you running away!”

Beaming at his hidden message, I faked a loud sigh.

“Well I’ll just have to call back and tell them I can’t make it.”

Saluting me, the love stricken man  bounded away, towards his future.


 

“That was nice of you. So I suspect that you’re not going home anymore?”

A recognizable voice spoke from behind me, holding me in a back hug.

Craning my head to face my own love, I shrugged.

“Well it all depends on this guy.”

“Oh? Do I know this guy?”

Shrugging again, I turned my head to the other side.

“Maybe.”

“How about you describe him to me? I’ll tell you if I know him or not.”

Nodding in agreement, I began.

“He’s cute. He’s sweet. He takes me on wonderful dates. He’s the biggest ditz I know and he can’t remember where he put his keys for the life of him. He’s dedicated to his dance, he knows what I want before I even know myself and most of all, he’s always there when I need him.”

Feeling him nod, he motioned for me to continue.

“He’s a bit of a mother hen and fusses when I work too hard. He does everything to the best of his ability and has the biggest heart in the world. He has faith that I’ll always make the right choice and I know that he’ll support me even when I make the wrong decisions.”

Laughing, he spun me around to face him.

“I think you’ve got him down pretty well darling.”

Giggling, I nodded.

“Maybe. But there’s always so much more I want to learn about him.”

Slinging his arm around my shoulders, he grabbed the handle of my luggage.

“Well then, I’ll just have to keep you by my side.”

Walking down the road, back to my apartment, I tilted my head to peck him on the cheek.

“Well then, I’ll just have to stay by your side.”


 

So, lady and gentlemen, this is the end of the story.

I could say that it didn’t quite end the way I expected but then I could say that it did. I got my sweet prince charming and a career as an idol, to inspire millions around the world.

For that was the story, of 100 days later.