Hurt

Not an Angel. Just a Fan.

Opening the door a crack, darkness greeted me. His curtains were drawn and his lights off. Feeling braver, I walked in a few steps.

“Oppa… Baekhyun Oppa… Are you awake? I want to explain…”

Silence.

“Oppa… I just want to-“

The light flickered on.

“You just want to explain? Explain what? Explain how you made me feel like an idiot coming here and making yourself at home? Explain how you just wanted to use me? To use us?”

Visibly startled, I flinched. His angry tone and that look on his face made me scared.

“Oppa.. I just-“

“Don’t even. I believed in you when Mimi told me not to. I defended you and told her she was wrong. Every time she said something bad about you I had twice as many good things to say. Do you know how stupid I feel now?”

I had never seen this side of Baekhyun Oppa before.

“I promise you Oppa. I never meant for any of this to happen-“

“But you-“

“Just let me finish, please, and then you can say whatever you like.”

He looked away, silent.

“I never meant for any of this to happen. When you first came into my shop, I was excited. Beyond excited. Yet you were always hidden. But a fangirls’ instinct never lies. You came by every single time and made me feel better. After the Academy, I couldn’t contact anyone so you were the best part of my day. I couldn’t understand why you needed so much eyeliner but I hoped it was just to see me… When I saved you and when you led me to meet EXO, my life became better and better. I knew I was living a lie and I swear I was going to tell you all just then. I didn’t use you and I won’t ever use you. Please believe me…”

Silence. I never realised until not how much I hated it.

Turning back to face me, venom was clear in his tone.

“I bet all of that was a lie. You’re just a spoilt heiress who cares about no one else but herself and will never amount to anything without her parents. Just leave and stop using us… Please.”

His words attacked me from the inside. My biggest fear and he threw it at me. His words had becoming pleading towards the end, wishing me to just go away.

Stepping back, I smiled weakly, fighting back tears.

“I’ll leave you alone. But believe me. I’d never use the person who gave me a new meaning to life.”

Exiting the room, I left behind a broken man, taking with me my broken heart.

Forcing a plastic smile, I breezed past everyone.

“Look at the time. I’d better leave. Time to go home and practise. I’ll see you all some other time.”

Shocked and worried looks followed me as I power walked out the door. Breaking out into a sprint, I didn’t stop.

The wind stung my eyes and the tears rolled down my cheeks.

I probably looked like a mess when I got to the park where it all began for me.

Baekhyun Oppa and my park.

Sitting on the first bench I saw, I wrapped my arms around my legs, hiding my face. Tears wracked through me as I sobbed my heart out.

A familiar set of eyes looked on with pity, unsure whether to comfort me or not, his heart winning out, he sat by me. Covering my shaking body with his own; I looked up to see the kind eyes of Lay Oppa. Hiding back into myself, I continued crying.

I had just lost the first person that had led me back into the real world. Hiding away in that little makeup shop, he had brought me back out to face my own actions and consequences.

Finally catching hold of myself, I stifled my cries. Eyes feeling heavy, I allowed myself to drift away in peaceful slumber. At least when I was asleep, my problems didn’t follow me…


Baekhyun P.O.V.

If it was one thing in the world I regretted, it wouldn’t be that I had let Eunmi into mine. With her innocence and brilliant mind, she had the whole group ready to help her out any way.

Rolling over onto my stomach, I frowned. Even so, she had lied to me and used me, without me even knowing.

Mimi monster was right. Eunmi, my shining Angel, was my own personal Devil.

Phone vibrating on the bedside table, I turned it face up to see a message from Mimi. Squishing down the hope that it would be Eunmi, I replied to Mimi’s text.

‘Oppa, meet up for dinner tomorrow? –Mimi’

‘Tomorrow it is. 6’oclock is alright with you?-Baekhyun’

After that episode with Eunmi, I doubted the girl ever wanted to see me again.

‘6’oclock at my house. See you there! :) –Mimi’

Eunmi leaving me alone. That was exactly what I wanted… Right?


Lay P.O.V.

The shaking and sobbing had stopped. Tilting her head towards me, I laughed softly. She had cried herself to sleep.

The tear tracks down her face were obvious and she’d wake up to puffy red eyes for sure. That silly girl.

Carefully pulling out my phone, I texted Kai to grab her bag and meet up.

Night had come and the streetlights shined above us.

I couldn’t decide whether to be happy her secret was finally revealed or upset that it hadn’t come from her.

I had suspected that she was hiding something under that cute smile of hers but I was content to wait.

“Lay Hyung. I brought her bag. We should take her home and let her sleep, her keys were in there.”

Gently moving around, Kai helped so that she was on my bag. Piggy backing her, we began the slow walk back.

“Hyung?”

I looked up questioningly.

“Please don’t hurt Noona like he did. Everyone heard his words and they weren’t so nice.”

Baekhyun. I knew it.

Nodding, determination filled me.

“If it’s the last thing I do, I’ll protect her. Even if it’s from myself.”


A.N:

...

Reactions? I know Baekhyun seemed a little OOC so please forgive me.

Um. Finding out the person you sort of like lied to you makes you act like that...?

Hatred towards Soomin intensified?

So. What do you all think will happen now?

Leave thoughts behind. :)