Sir?

Not an Angel. Just a Fan.

Huffing and puffing, the six of us burst into the usual room. As we all fell onto the floor, trying to catch our breath, the door slammed open, revealing an aging man.

"UP. UP NOW."
Scrambling to their feet, I did the same, moving to the back so I was slightly hidden from view.
"Firstly I will congratulate you all for not screwing up. That much. Today, we will run through once, then begin working on the steps for the next album."
Scanning the faces before him, his eyes narrowed.
"Where is Byun Baekhyun and Chanyeol! What are you hiding behind you!"
Of course it was the responsible one's duty to answer...
"Sir. Baekhyun was granted permission by Manager to take half the day off. He should be here soon. And. Er. We brought along a filler in until he came."
Chanyeol gently tugged on my arm, pulling me to his side. Not being able to see over Chanyeol Oppa's tall frame, I contented myself by listening to the choreographer's words. He seemed strict and stern yet fair in praise. Just like...
"Lee Eunmi. A sight for sore eyes. This is where you ran off to?"
Of all the things that could happen...
"Ah. Sir. It's been a while. Um. Yes. I hope you don't mind me joining in rehearsal. I'm a little rusty..."
Waving off my words, the man gave me an intense look before nodding curtly.
"I still expect much from you. Even more from you than from the boys."
I gave a small sound of acknowledgement as the he eyes of the boys darted between the two of us curiously.
"Alright then. Take the place of Baekhyun for now. I trust you know the moves. In position for Mama!"
Standing in position, the music blasted our from the stereo as he counted us along, pointing out the small flaws.
"1-2-3-4. Watch yourself -3-4. Chanyeol! Concentrate. 1-2-Eunmi! Footwork!"
Running through the whole song, the feeling of dancing once again washed through me. It was exhilarating.
Head lowered in the last pose of the song, Sir clapped slowly as the we all moved out of our spots grinned widely.
"Eunmi Noona never said she knew Sir or could dance!"
Trying to pull an excuse out of thin air as Kai -ever the observant one- stared at me intently.
"Ah. There's a good reason. I mean. Yes. It's because-"
"Something's are best left forgotten. Eunmi. I never expected to see you here nor shall I pry. But I warn you that it is best to tell your parents before they find out through other means."
Thanking the man profusely, Sehun opened his mouth to continue his line of questioning when the door slammed open once again.
"Sorry we're late! Or sorry I'm late!"
Baekhyun with a happy Soomin stumbled into the room. Laughing, the two bowed to the instructor in apology.
My spirits had lifted at the sight of Baekhyun but with Soomin beside him? My heart sank a little.
"I heard the guys brought Angel so I decided to let Soomin come too! They can keep each other company while we practise!"
Shrugging, I shook my head. 
"I'm going to be dancing with you guys Oppa. Soomin Noona can watch. But I'm going to dance."
Torn between rehearsing and staying to sit with Soomin, all his worries were gone at a stern look from Sir.
"Practise. Now. Let your girlfriend watch. This time."
Wow. Such a contrasting welcoming...
Bowing to the teacher and giving Soomin an apologetic smile, he took my place as I moved behind them, making sure I wasn't in their way.
After a few run throughs of the various dances, I moved to sit with Soomin when they began learning new steps.
Wiping the sweat off my brow, I chugged down half a bottle of water, fanning myself with my hand. 
"Eunmi. I see Baekhyun Oppa's given you a nickname already. He always does that to the girls he feels close to. Ever since we were little."
Childhood friends. Childhood friends. I chanted it to myself like a mantra, trying to keep the unwanted feelings of hurt away.
"Ah. I bet you don't like me much do you? I bet you think I'm about to steal Oppa from you... Well you can call me Soomin Unnie if it'll make you feel any better."
Gaping at the older girl in shock, I frowned.
"I'm not jealous at all Unnie. Not at all."
Giving me a wink, she giggled.
"I didn't mention anything about jealousy you goose. I see you're in the denial stage. Of course, I must tell you that I love Oppa. I loved him then and I love him even more now. But I like a fair game so I won't try to sabotage anything. May the best girl win his undying love!"
Standing up, Soomin straightened her pretty summer dress as I looked down at my tank and sweats. She was a hundred times prettier than me...
And Baekhyun Oppa. I mean. What was she on about? Of course I don't love him like that! Do I?
Watching as she pecked Oppa on the cheek and whisper soft words to him, she shot a secret smile towards me just before exiting the doorway.
Heart muddled and feeling more confused than ever. I looked up to see the boys intent on learning new dance steps.
Packing up my bag quietly, I caught the teacher's eye as he gave me a sharp nod. He would inform the boys that I had left.
Musing over my thoughts, I made my way out of the building and began the walk home.
Baekhyun Oppa. Soomin Unnie. Lay Oppa. EXO. My past. Sir. Everything whirred around my mind in a continuous mess.
Sighing, I shook my head. Worrying was useless.
Hoisting my bag into a more comfortable position, I began thinking of my grocery list instead. That was something I could deal with without drama.

A.N:

Longer chapter~

Yay!

So who is Sir in Eunmi's past?