Confess

Not an Angel. Just a Fan.

"One, two, three, four. Turn, two, three, four. Left, two, three, four. Right, two, three, four. FREEZE."

A few trainees wobbled but quickly held themselves. Sweating, panting and just plain tired, my body begged for a break although I knew it wasn't happening until everyone was decent enough to reach Sir's standard.

Time ticked by as he scrutinised all of our positions and thinking over our steps. 

"Pass. For now."

Exhausted and just wanting to collapse, I joined the others in bowing as the strict teacher walked out the door.

As soon as he was gone, everyone let out a sigh of relief. Chugging down water, I wiped my forehead with my towel.

It had been two weeks and I had already fallen into pattern. The days were spent training, eating and training some more before collapsing in bed. 

The guys couldn't even scold me for it after the first few days but I had reminded them this had once been their timetable. Still, Lay Oppa made sure to come over and pester me to about my health once in a while. 

Now, they were all in China, promoting themselves and attending shows. 

"Eunmi! Join us for dinner? We're going down to a restaurant close by. Apparently it's really good."

Smiling, I shook my head. 

"Go on without me. I've got to talk to our teacher about something."

Shrugging, they left me be, walking off in the quest for food.

I didn't quite know where he was as he spent a fair bit of his time roaming the building, correcting and helping groups in practise. 

Walking down corridors, I perked my ears at the booming shouts of Sir's voice. To be honest, I had no idea what his name was. It was always just 'Sir' to the girls and even 'Sir' here.

"One, two, three, four and end."

Loitering about outside, I only waited for a little before Sir exited. 

Without looking, he continued walking down the corridor.

"Eunmi. Walk with me."

Hurrying my pace, I caught up.

"I was expecting you to show up. Still worried about your voice?"

Nodding a little, I slouched.

A hand whacked me in the back.

"Posture. Never forget posture. Your voice is a bit of a problem but I have a solution for when the time comes."

Waiting to hear the solution, he stopped in his path.

"It'll be a while yet before it is your turn but focus on two steps. Strengthen your voice for lower notes and improve your rap. I'm sure you have enough friends to help you."

He paused for a second more, the turned away.

“I can only say good luck.”

Nodding away, I bowed hurriedly before walking off, thinking over my options.

I didn't want to ask for help. From any of them. If there was one thing I couldn't do, it was sing. 

Sure I could hum along a song or even belt out a low line or two but beyond that? My voice had as much musical talent as a seal on crack.

It was a running joke at the Academy that one of the best dancers couldn't sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star completely in tune. 

So, Sir gave me an out. Rapping.

Rapping was intense and strong. The feelings behind each word needed to be pronounced perfectly or it was a fail.

Yet rapping was only a hobby. I didn't want it to be what I was known for. I wanted a position like Lead Dancer. But I couldn't lead if I couldn't even sing a few bars.

Sighing, I trudged back to the practise room.

Hopefully no one had decided to use the free room and I could fit in a little more practise before heading off.

Luck was not on my side.

A harmonious voice was drifting through the mostly closed door.

Peeking in, I saw Baekhyun Oppa. He was merely running scales up and down but he made it sound magical.

Knocking timidly, he stopped abruptly.

Entering, he gave me a blinding smile.

"Angel! I was looking for you! I saw your bag on the floor so I decided to wait!"

Fidgeting nervously, I moved a little closer.

"Oppa..."

Moving a little closer, I stood right in front of him.

He took a few steps back, stuttering.

"A-angel. Wh-What."

Taking a few more steps forward, I looked down.

"Oppa... Will you... Please..."

"W-w-wait! Angel. Don’t you want to confess it in a different setting?"

Blinking at him in surprise, I burned red at the direction his mind had gone.

"Oppa! I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to know if you could teach me some vocal tricks and how to sing like you!"

Falling over his own words, he turned red too before picking himself up quickly.

"Of course! I’m only joking. But we need to move to a vocal room. Yes. Vocal room."

Edging away at his response, I picked up my bag, still flustered.

"So lead the way to the vocal room?"

Containing himself, he walked on, turning back now and then to check if I was following.

Oh boy... Byun Baekhyun hearing me sing? Imagine the fangirls’ reaction if I made an EXO member go deaf….


A.N:

Singing in front of Baekhyun? omo...

And then maybe some dancing with Lay. ;)

Time for the boys to teach her how it's done!

In other news, I've requested for graphics. Yay!

Hopefully by the next update, we'll have a shiny new poster... :3

P.S. Did the chapter title troll you? :D