Running

Not an Angel. Just a Fan.

 

The two people that stood before me were certainly different. They were almost opposites. Baekhyun Oppa with all his cheesy lines and greasy smiles was definitely nothing like Lay Oppa with his sweet words and calm advice. Yet one thing that they both had was warm hearts that could make any girl fall under their spell. That was what happened to me. I had fallen under their spells.

Smiling softly, my heart knew exactly what was happening. But first, I had to make things right.

“Baekhyun Oppa, Lay Oppa. I’m happy that the two of you care so much but I think it is best for me to take a break from all of this. I’m planning to call Appa and Umma to take me back. I’ll tell them the truth and I’ll be back. Eventually.”

I could tell both of them were sincerely shocked at my response.

Bowing low, I gave them one last smile.

“Please, I know this is abrupt but please don’t follow me. Just... Just get Kai to drop off my things later. I’ll be off tomorrow. Apologise to the others. I promise I’ll be back soon...”

They could see through my lie. But I knew they wouldn’t call me out on it. It was my unspoken wish.

The two nodded in a daze as I shook my head. There was surely another- no. This had to be done.

Waving, I left the dorms, closing a chapter of my life.

 

Well... Not really a chapter. Yet. Firstly I had to get out of Korea and meet up with my parents in the States first.

Gulping, I picked up my home phone.

Listening to the dial, I called Umma’s cell. It was always on her, 24/7.

“Helloooo darling! You haven’t called Umma in a while! How’s everything at school going?”

Taking a deep breath, I laughed weakly into the phone.

“Ahah... It’s a funny story Umma. A really funny story. Well, I’m sort of not at the Academy anymore...? Aha...”

Silence followed as the line crackled a little.

“What do you mean you’re not at the Academy?”

Her voice was confused and I could imagine her facial expression. The one where she just didn’t know what was going on.

“I ran away from the Academy a while ago...? Surprise!”

I laughed weakly as she stayed silent.

“You ran away from the... YOU RAN AWAY FROM THE ACADEMY?”

I winced at the loud tone, drawing the phone away from my ear.

“I ran away but I’ve been living well Umma... I’m sorry for running away. I just wanted to try something new and prove I’m more than just a rich girl...”

A loud sigh was heard.

“Something new. Haven’t I heard that before. It’s the exact same reason I fell in love with your father. I guess if I get mad at you, that’ll just make me a hypocrite doesn’t it?”

Umma ran away as well?

“Eunmi darling... If there was one thing I learnt when I ran away, it’s that it isn’t the solution. I tried to convince myself that it was to prove something. To try something new. But in the end, I was just afraid. I didn’t want to spend all my life trapped, with only a husband to look forward to, it just wasn’t my idea of a future. Running away brought me your father and love but I made a promise the day we got married. I would never run away again. The only reason you would tell me about this is that you’re running away too, isn’t it?”

I was stunned. She knew how I felt... Maybe I was trying to fool myself. Maybe I hadn’t wanted to live my life in the Academy just to come out and get married. Maybe I didn’t want to choose either Baekhyun or Lay because I knew I would lose the other. Maybe I didn’t want to hurt anyone. Tears rolled down my cheeks before I even noticed.

“Umma...”

I sobbed softly into the phone.

“Umma... I don’t know what to do. I can’t choose between either of them without hurting the other...”

Shushing me gently, I could imagine her arms around me, my hair and comforting me.

With this in mind, I poured out everything. The whole story of how I left school, met Mr. Lee, worked in the shop and meeting everyone. I told her of all my feelings, about each person, about all the adventures we had.

Umma listened silently, waiting for me to finish as everything I held close came out.

“Umma. I don’t know who to choose. Tell me please...”

Without judgment, she hushed me as I sniffled.

“Darling... I can’t tell you or choose for you. It’s your heart that knows what’s best for you. I'd love to have you here with me. I'll even tell Appa that you might join us. Just remember that running away is never the solution. I love you darling.”

Wiping away my tears, I whispered a quiet goodbye as I hung up the phone.

Staring around at my apartment, I made my way to my room.

Pulling out my suitcase, I painstakingly began to pack my whole life back into the small case.

Mentally apologising to Umma, another tear fell down my cheek.

Maybe I didn’t want to run away. Maybe I wanted to stay here and live my life. But in the end, running away was what I did best.


 

A.N:

Pleasedon'tkillme.

I had planned to end things with a rounded off finish but then inspiration came and I realised I left so many plot holes and unanswered questions...

So. Bear with me for approx 2-3 more chapters? 

Thankyou. <3