Another Side

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

“Baekhyun!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

Baekhyun lifted his head from the monstrous pile of papers he was sorting. He had decided, after approximately one year 5 months and three days, that the untamed mess on his desk should be cleaned after all. Baekhyun pushed the scraps and loose sheets into the top drawer while he scrunched up his nose – it’s not as if Chanyeol had anything to do with this...not…at all.

 

 

Ok.

Maybe just a little.

 

 

Baekhyun recognised the click of the lock on the front door, Kai’s unbelievably loud footsteps (was he some kind of giant in human form?) and Kyungsoo’s voice, which was filled unusually with…irritation?

 

 

Baekhyun popped his head out from his bedroom.

 

 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

 

Kyungsoo was staring at the tall, pine-wood cabinet standing proudly in the lounge room. He had promised Kai when they returned, that they would watch a movie, one of his choice. As long as it was wasn’t one of those dancing movies again, like Step Up. Kyungsoo would try and fall asleep so he didn’t have to listen to Kai ranting about how slack the choreography was, and how they were lacking secksshiii (as he had tried to English-orize his debate).

 

 

“Where are my DVDs?!”

 

 

Baekhyun let a smile accidentally slip onto his try-hard poker face.          

 

 

“…I’m sorry, your what?”

 

 

My DVDs! They used to be here!”

 

 

“I don’t ever remember there being DVDs there…Kyungsoo…you’re going insane.”

 

 

I AM NOT GOING INSANE! Just because I look like I don’t know what’s going on, doesn’t mean…THAT I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON!”

 

 

Baekhyun had decided to take a risk. Of course, he’d never gone out of his way to annoy Kyungsoo in any way or another. And this wasn’t exactly about Kyungsoo anyway.

 

 

Chanyeol slunk out of the bathroom as he heard the loud voices. He stopped, surprised at Kyungsoo pointing at a large cabinet filled with…

 

 

Why have my movies been replaced with all these books?!

 

 

Baekhyun flashed a quick glance at Chanyeol, who was stood stunned in the middle of the bathroom doorway.

 

 

 

 

Yeah. It was for Chanyeol.

 

 

 

The love of his life.

The reason he got up every morning.

The only one who made him feel loved.

 

 

Oh. Welcome back, Brain.

 

 

Hey sup.

 

 

 

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol looked frantically at him, and then at Kyungsoo, and then at him again. Baekhyun actually found Kyungsoo’s I’m angry-angry face rather amusing. But to Chanyeol, it probably looked as if he was going to bite somebody’s head of any second now. Now that he had taken the risk, and Kyungsoo was indeed searching for an answer to where his movies were, Baekhyun had to think fast.

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo. Chanyeol needed somewhere to put his books. He’s studying literature at the moment, and his books can’t be packed away in boxes. I placed your DVDs temporarily in the cardboard boxes in your room, and I have been searching the catalogues for a cheap cabinet for them also.”

 

 

 

Wow.

Was that really Baekhyun saying that just now?

What happened to all the I like your face’s  and Er. Uh. Um. Er’s that had been the only things to escape his mouth since Chanyeol arrived.

This sounded more like the Baekhyun he knew.

 

 

 

You’re welcome.

 

 

I’m not thanking you just yet.

You’ve ruined everything do with him so far.

You have a far way to go until you get my forgiveness.

 

 

Merrr…

 

 

Kyungsoo stared blankly at Baekhyun, well, normally in his case. It was true. He just looked that way. But usually, he really didn’t have a clue what was going on all the time. He seemed to believe Baekhyun’s intelligent and practical response and dragged Kai to his room to…pick a movie?

 

 

Baekhyun shuddered again.  

 

 

Maybe he should have left the boxes in the lounge room.

 

 

Now they’ll forever be wanting to ‘watch movies.’

 

 

Chanyeol brushed past Baekhyun into the bedroom silently. Baekhyun followed him, unsure of his entire outlook on the little…maybe a little bigger than little lie. When both of them had entered the room, Baekhyun heard the most wonderful thing in the world.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol laughed.

 

 

 

 

His smile spread widely and warmly across his face. His nose was scrunched a little and his right eye seemed to close, yet his left did not. To anybody else, he would have looked like a scary clown, smacking his thigh and clapping crazily as he threw himself onto Baekhyun’s bed.

 

 

 

Baekhyun should be shocked.

He should be surprised at Chanyeol’s unusual behaviour.

He should be calling 911…000…whatever the emergency number was…

 

He should be scared.

 

 

But for some reason, Baekhyun just felt…

 

 

Relieved.

 

 

As if he had known the jerky-Chanyeol couldn’t be jerky forever.

 

 

Baekhyun, a slight blush creeping onto his face at watching the other roll around crazily on his bed, scratched at the back of his neck. He let out a small cough.

 

 

He watched Chanyeol change suddenly.

 

 

He stopped laughing, and quickly removed himself from Baekhyun’s messy covers. He avoided Baekhyun’s gaze and quickly picked up his jacket which was slung over a chair and rushed out of the room.

 

 

Baekhyun heard the front door slam and the door to Kyungsoo and Kai’s room slowly creak open. He stared, equally confused.

 

 

 

 

What did he do wrong?

 

 

Dammit Baekhyun.

 

 

Maybe Baekhyun wasn’t meant to see that side of Chanyeol after all.

 

 

 

 

He remembered a quick flash of Chanyeol’s face as he had passed him. The person he had witnessed, laughing uncontrollably had been yet replaced by other person. Somebody with a secret. Somebody whose heart was heavy with…sadness?

 

 

Baekhyun heart pained as he retraced Chanyeol’s face in his mind.

 

 

 

 

Whatever was hurting him…

 

Baekhyun promised to stop it.