This Day Could Not Get Any Worse

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

It was midday and the sun’s heat was bearing down heavily on Baekhyun’s exposed arms. He was lying on his stomach, head face down into his folded arms, trying to become one with the grass beneath him. The dusty path they had followed earlier led to an expansive, lush grassy area. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had resided on a small hill, away from the group of friends throwing a Frisbee and the large family having some kind of party with their annoying, boisterous little monst- uh, he meant…kids.

 

“This day isn’t going fast enough,” he heard Chanyeol’s lazy voice drone beside him. He didn’t lift his head up. That would just show Chanyeol that he was interested in what he was saying, which he wasn’t. If Chanyeol wasn’t going to make any effort to make this date day any better, neither was he.

 

“Why don’t you just go home? It’s not like this date is going to get any better.” Baekhyun muttered into the ground.

 

 

 

Oh crap.

 

He said date.

 

 

He screamed silently into the ground.

 

 


Bad idea.

 

 

 

Grass did not taste nice. He quietly tried to spit out the blades of green from his mouth without Chanyeol noticing.

 

 

Chanyeol noticed, of course.

 

 

“Are you mowing the lawn there or something…or feeding the ants?

 

That voice began to grate at his ears. Little by little, he could feel the mini-volcano in his stomach slowly build up. But what came next made Baekhyun finally explode.

 

 

 

“And this isn’t a date.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun immediately lifted himself off the ground, noticing that the other was actually lying down on his back next to him, eyes closed, the sun radiating warmly off his brilliant ski-…      

 

 

No.

Stop that!

He was mad.

 

 

“What do you mean this isn’t a date?!” Baekhyun demanded, despite the fact he’d been denying it for the entire morning. “Didn’t Kai try to set you up with me?”

 

 

“Nup.” Chanyeol scoffed, a slight curve of his lips showing on his smug face.

 

 

Grr.

 

 

“Then why we did we go for a walk?!”

“I felt like exercising. Can’t end up looking like you.”

 

 

 

Grr…

 

 

 

“Why did we buy ice-cream?!”

“I was hungry.”

 

 

 

Grrrr…

 

 

 

“Then why the hell did you show up here?!”

 

 Chanyeol opened his eyes. He looked better when he had them closed. The mischief in his eyes was similar to that of Kai’s…and if possible, even worse. This guy was pushing every single button he had.

 

 

 

“Oh? Kai didn’t tell you?”

“Of course he didn’t bloody tell me! Obviously!”

 

 

 

Chanyeol smirked.

 

 

 

“I’m moving in with you guys.”


------

author's note

 

Ah - Sorry it's so short. My brain isn't much on the creative side at the moment...