Spaghetti and Capsicum

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

 

 

You still like him, right?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I thought you liked him!

 

 

 

 

 

Well. Apart from that, the evening was tolerable.

 

 

 

And if you didn’t count what happened after it either, it could have even been okay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan-ah…I’ve finished my shift.” The handsome teen approached the table again, now in a casual button up shirt and a pair of navy skinny jeans, his work uniform slung over his arm zipped up in a dress bag. Luhan smiled as if a bomb hadn’t just exploded in middle of the table and interrupted the enjoyment – or whatever else the awkwardness could be called – of their dinner and pushed out his chair, taking the brunette’s arm in his.

 

“I’m driving him home,” he sung as he battered his hazel lashes at the younger, who in response choked on his gum and nearly poked Chanyeol in the eye while flailing. The blond poked his tongue as he skipped out the door into the breezy dark.

 

 

 

It took a moment for Baekhyun to realise, and when he’d finally found his voice again, Chanyeol beat him to it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That bastard didn’t pay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun nodded, trying to keep his evil smile from digging itself out of its grave and plastering itself on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol called Luhan a bastard.

 

 

 

People don’t call the people they like bastards.

 

 

 

 

But to you he’s wors-

 

 

 

 

He doesn’t like Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

Stop smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

He doesn’t like Luhan…

 

 

 

 

 

 

You’re so gross.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s dazed expressed dropped as realised something else.

 

 

 

Ah .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Iforgottobringmywallettoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He bit his lip as Chanyeol sighed. Baekhyun could feel the slightly rumble of his voice and it shivered throughout his body. The taller muttered a small don’t worry bout it and shook his head while the brunette awkwardly stared at his plate. The pair picked lazily at the remnants of their cold pasta, occasionally reaching for their glass of water and turning their heads towards the stupidly romantic couple whenever Kyungsoo whacked the younger over the head for not-so-subtly ogling at a cute waiter every time one passed by. Stupid Kai – If Baekhyun was lucky enough to even go out with someone, he would never look at somebody else.

 

 

 

If Baekhyun ever went out with someone.

 

 

 

 

Someone.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Someone.

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes filled with decade’s worth of awkward silence, Chanyeol was the first to recover.

 

 

 

 

 

“So who told you?”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun shifted his glance towards an invisible stain on the crisp white tablecloth. He knew it would come up sooner or later; Chanyeol would realise that he knew about him and Luhan.

 

 

 

Blame it on the blond banana.

 

 

 

“Kris.”

 

 

 

“Kris told you?”

 

 

 

“Kris told me.”

 

 

 

“…about what?”

 

 

 

What?

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

 

“What did he tell you about?”

 

 

 

 

“Didn’t you already know, you just asked me…what?”

 

 

 

 

What?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He would have screamed an unbelievably lengthy string of useless words to convey his confusion, if not for the fact that they were surrounded by toff-nosed la-di-da’s – not that it had every stopped him before.

 

 

Chanyeol sighed as he flopped onto the table.

 

 

The brunette winced as a piece of curled hair buried itself in the leftover pasta sauce. If anybody was doing the flopping, it would be Baekhyun – but even Baekhyun would have the intelligence not to flop in public. He flopped in the apartment – on the bed, in the bathroom, on the coffee table, in the stairwell – but never would he flop in the middle of a populated semi-classy restaurant – like this here idiot was doing right now.

 

 

The brown-eyed retard stared up at him, an undeniably-cute-yet-out-of-character pout forming on his face.

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt his heart spring to life.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had thought Chanyeol liked Luhan.

 

 

 

Chanyeol had thought Baekhyun like Luhan.

 

 

 

Luhan had thought they were a pair of ing weirdos for even that he would cheat on Sehun.

 

 

 

 

And here with the Drama scripts again.

 

 

 

Breathe, Baekhyun. Breathe.

 

 

 

 

He would just tell Chanyeol exactly what happened – to save with the confusion that was killing them both ever so slowly. He coughed to grab the other’s attention.

 

 

 

 

 

 

K-kris Luhan date you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Scene One. Take two.

 

 

 

 

 

Aaaaaaaaaaand ACTION!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kris said you up Luhan.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You broke Luhan.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ugh. Baekhyun did not even want to think of the ual implication within that statement. This wasn’t word vomit - it was more like verbal constipation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kris…said you broke…up with Luhan.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes glanced to the table beside them, his lips pursed gently.

 

 

 

 

 

                Ow! What’d you hit me for?!

                Stop gawking so obviously at that waiter!

                      I’m not gawking, I’m hungry!

                      You’re always hungry!

                      I’m a growing boy. I need to eat.

                      If you keep eating you’ll end up like a cow

                                 I’m not a cow. You’re a cow

                                 See how immature you are?

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, at the lover’s quarrel.

 

 

 

 

If he and Chanyeol went ou-hfskhfdksajhfdhsadkhchjclkahskljdlcjkns...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shut up!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stop thinking about Chanyeol!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my God!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Will you just cut it out?

 

 

 

 

No. It’s driving me insane. Just ask him out already.

 

 

 

 

Wha-

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s deep sigh broke him out of his mental fit.

 

 

 

 

 

Quietly drumming his slender fingers on the dinner plate like a shy child, he lifted his hazel eyes to meet Baekhyun’s.

His voice was deep and steady...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you want to go out?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You going to answer him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How about now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See these? They’re called letters. If you put them together they form words…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Ne-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shut up!

 

 

 

 

 

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“SHUT UP!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Uh…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol blinked.

 

 

 

 

 

And choked on a piece of capsicum.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The red piece of vegetable flew from his mouth and straight into the brunette’s eye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

While every single person stopped shovelling ravioli into their mouths, and stared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know you just got food spat into your face, but how about saying something…

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Park Chanyeol…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I-I’m sorry?”

 

 

 

 

 

The silence returned to the gentle humming of toffs whispering and pointing, and the humiliated pair sat there…

 

 

 

 

 

…humiliated…

 

 

 

 

…in a pool of humiliation…

 

 

 

 

…drowning…

 

 

 

 

…in humilia-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wiped off the remaining pasta sauce which moisturized his face with a napkin, and he was surprised that his blush was not already seeping through his skin and onto it. He wanted to magically transform into spaghetti and worm his way through the floorboards.

 

 

 

Because Chanyeol likes Spaghet-

 

 

I’m not in the mood right now Brain…

 

 

 

 

Awkward silence returned. Baekhyun swore it was stalking him. Leave Baekhyun alone!

 

 

 

 

“So…what were you saying before?” Baekhyun pretended to drink his water as if he hadn’t just screamed out like a lunatic with Tourette’s in the middle of a fancy restaurant. He couldn’t of course. His heart beat was flopping around like a dead fish, and his lungs were pretty much gulping for air the same way too.

 

 

 

Chanyeol coughed slightly, unable to put off his answer by eating…basically because the last of it had ended up on Baekhyun’s face, and Baekhyun was certain Chanyeol would not want that back.

 

 

 

 

“Uh…I asked if you wanted to go out…side…”

 

 

 

 

Outside.

 

 

 

 

Not out as in out.

 

 

 

 

But outside…

 

 

 

 

 

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!??!?!

 

 

 

 

 

“O-oh…you want to go out…side…” He couldn’t hold the embarrassment in his tone. He could feel his cheeks burning again and he just wanted to hsjfhsajkhfkhsakhfk right there and then.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If you’re finished eating, that is.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No I’m finished.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Before…when I said if you wanted to go o-”

 

 

 

 

 

“Shut up.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Did you think I meant go ou-”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I said shut up.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“So do you wanna go out?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you such an ?”

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol snickered.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wanted to stab a fork in his head.

 

 

 

 

Cause that’s what he was.

 

 

 

 

A fork-head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So do you wanna go out?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Whatever. I’m finished, just pay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol beamed.

 

 

 

 

He pushed his chair out and shuffled over to Kyungsoo and Kai. The two noticed his arrival and paused their chewing midway.

 

 

 

 

 

“Guess what?” He boomed, a little too loudly. The two shrugged carelessly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun said he’d be my boyfriend!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------

 

Author's Note:

 

Hello everybody -

I'm not really back and I never expected to write another chapter while I am at school.

Exams are in two weeks and my Repetive Strain Injury is returning.

I think I am going to die.

 

Thank you to those who have been waiting so patiently.

 

I will write more when Exams are over and school is over for good!

 

 

Bye bye <3

 

 

Oh ~~ and follow me on twitter? https://twitter.com/annyeonggoodbye