Unexpected

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

Baekhyun stared at his shoes as he waited patiently for his coffee. He was resting at a quaint little coffee house a couple of blocks from their apartment. His ears tuned into various conversations around mumbling around him.

 

“…cute face….”

 

“…sleep…same bed…”

 

 

Ooh. Somebody’s getting excited.

 

 

Baekhyun chuckled to himself.

 

 

 

“…hates water…”

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

“…short…”

 

 

 

Is that…

 

 

 

“Ah? What’s his name?”

 

 

Baekhyun honed in another deep voice.

 

 

He spun around quickly, almost whacking into a stranger behind him. He instantly recognised Chanyeol, sitting in a booth diagonally across from him, childishly up an iced drink though a straw.

 

 

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes instantly snapped to his and his jaw dropped so low, Baekhyun thought it would fall into his cup. The blonde haired person next to him stared at him too. If looks could kill, even Baekhyun’s spirit in heaven would be murdered. Chanyeol’s friend turned to him slightly, motioning with his head at Baekhyun.

 

 

 

“Is that him?”

 

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t say a word. His mouth was still catching flies.

 

For some reason, Baekhyun could feel himself blush.

 

Again.

 

 

 

There was a moment of silence.

 

As silence as a café could be…

 

There was a moment of non-silent quietness-

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared.

 

 

Chanyeol gaped.

 

 

The-other-random-tall-guy chuckled.

 

 

“Hi I’m Kris!”

 

 

The-other-random-tall-guy said "Hi I'm Kris!"

 

Kris was as bad as Chanyeol.

 

Mr-Jerk-Number-Two.

 

He seemed to take silent pleasure in it all...

 

 

Baekhyun inched his way over to the booth. Sometime during the painfully long moment, his brain had been disconnected from his legs.

 

He slowly squished his way into the seat next to…Kris.

 

Boy, can’t believe that a -face had a name.

 

Next we’ll have names for our angry-bird eyebrows.

 

 

 

Angry-bird eyebrows.

 

 

 

Great.

 

 

 

 Chanyeol had just been talking about him, and all he could do was take interest in the thickness and shape of some guy’s eyebrows.

 

 

 

“Eyebrows...” Baekhyun whispered quietly.

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Kris stared at him in unison this time.

 

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat.


 

“Uh! My mouth sometimes…uh…speaks…by itself…” He turned bright red again.

 

 

 

Baekhyun could feel the space closing in on him. Why the hell were they so tall anyway! Did these guys sleep, hanging with weights off their feet or something?

 

 

Baekhyun felt small.

 

 

Kris’s eyes studied him all over. Baekhyun felt and tried to cover up his body by sliding a little more under the table. He took the hint and turned back to his coffee. Baekhyun guessed that Kris had kicked Chanyeol under the table or something, because Chanyeol let out a quick yah and winced in pain. Kris turned back to Baekhyun and continued to bore holes in his forehead.

 

 

“You’re quite short, aren’t you?”

 

 

 

Boom!

 

 

Was that the sound of Baekhyun’s inner volcano exploding?

Or the imaginary gunshot aimed at Kris’s perfectly formed face…

 

 

Baekhyun was now absolutely certain that this was Chanyeol’s friend.

 

Only people like Chanyeol, could stand Chanyeol.

 

Jerks will be friends with jerks.

 

 

But then Baekhyun stopped.

 

Then why is Kyungsoo friends with him?

 

Kai. Be careful. You’re in love with a troll in disguise.

 

 

 

Baekhyun fidgeted while the waitress brought his coffee over, obviously aware that he had changed tables. He conspicuously tried to make himself taller by propping himself up fully. Yet he was still a decent amount of head lower than Kris.

 

Baekhyun jumped when he heard Chanyeol’s low voice, like a hushed whisper.

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

 

Baekhyun nervously glanced across the table.

 

 

“Ordering coffee.”

 

 

The last thing he felt like was coffee.

 

 

“You seem a little out of breath.”

“I nearly got hit by a car on the way here.”

 

 

 

He had been running circles around the blocks looking for him.

 

 

 

“Were you looking for me?”

“You wish.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun grumbled as he sipped his coffee. Ugh. He burnt his mouth.

 

He quickly narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol, who, for some entirely unexplainable reason, looked very cocky.

 

 

 

“Why are you here?” Baekhyun pushed. He wanted an explanation for Chanyeol’s abrupt departure.

 

 

 

“Me?”

 

 

 

Duh.

 

 

No, he was talking to that really cute brown haired guy walking in the door just no-

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

Isn’t th-that-

 

 

 

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

 

“I’m here on a date.”

 

 

Baekhyun accidentally knocked over his coffee mug sending it crashing into a million tiny fragments...

 

 

 

...just as Sehun walked in the door.