Won't Go Down Without A Fight

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

His legs felt as if they were made out of concrete as Baekhyun tiredly dragged them back to the apartment. Each step seemed to take so much energy and he just wanted to stop and die in the middle of the footpath then and there. He felt like a zombie, not seeing or hearing anything around him, the constant chitter that he usually eavesdropped on was all but a pointless buzz. His mind was on autopilot, and somehow he’d managed to make it back in one piece – well…to a point.

 

Baekhyun closed his fingers around the cool metal doorknob and let himself in. It was all but silent once again in the apartment. He figured Kai and Kyungsoo had only made a brief pit-stop and gone back out to resume whatever they had initially set out for…

 

 

 

Ew.

 

 

 

Baekhyun retreated lazily to his and Chanyeol’s room. He would have initially refused to have called it that. But he guessed it was only the truth…nothing else. His limbs gave way and he flopped face down, exhausted onto his soft mattress, his nose pressed into the cool pillow. The darkness was comforting to a degree – Baekhyun’s head hurt so much that the slightest ray of light was a nuisance. A gentle breeze quietly rattled the blinds, the papers on his desk rustling and fluttering beneath his stationary. He wanted his head to be clear – it was so cluttered that he couldn’t think of anything.

 

 

 

Luhan had told him to stay away from Chanyeol.

 

 

Luhan had told him Chanyeol didn’t like him.

 

 

Luhan had told him Chanyeol was hurt.

 

 

 

He didn’t know what the lies or what were the truths. He’d be lying to himself if he said that he had some magic power that he could tell when people were lying, because it was quite obvious that he didn’t – he would have figured out Sehun and Luhan’s little fake break-up drama sooner, if that had been the case. Then again, Luhan had acted quite realistically – he may very well be lying. But something Baekhyun’s heart said that there was at least an ounce of truth in his words, however he wasn't sure exactly what parts. As much as a fool he was for not being able to tell when people were lying, he knew he had been for the last couple of days. He realised earlier that Kyungsoo still hadn’t dragged in a second bed. He had been lying every time he forced himself a small I don’t like being next to him or the closeness makes me uncomfortable.  He didn’t mind curling up next to Chanyeol, feeling the warmth on his back or letting out small noises to pretend he was asleep and feeling Chanyeol turn over to face him. Sure – he had totally lost all sanity when he met Chanyeol, and Chanyeol had been such a jerk to him…

 

 

Did he really not like him?

 

 

Baekhyun remembered that Luhan had said that he was confused and had to sort out his feelings first – but…

 

 

He said he liked him. And he hadn’t sounded confused at all.

 

 

If anything, he’d sounded embarrassed.

 

 

Baekhyun laughed shyly at the memory automatically playing inside his head, just as he felt something on the pillow. It was sprinkled with wetness and Baekhyun could feel it on his cheeks as well. He sniffed a little and felt like punching himself for being such an emotional potato.

 

 

His eyes still closed, tears clinging softly to his eyelashes, Baekhyun reached out beside him on his bedside table. He fumbled around, searching for his iPod and his hand soon closed around its scratched plastic case. Turning his head to the side slightly, he opened one eye and pressed play on his shuffle playlist. In an instant, music flooded the room, blasting out of the small speaker. Baekhyun figured some happy tunes would lighten his glum spirit. He pressed the next button.

 

 

I want nobody, nobody but you. How can I be with ano-

 

 

 

Next.

 

 

 

I don’t wanna love. Don’t wanna love yo-

 

 

 

Next.

 

 

 

I wanna say love you. I wanna say love y-

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

This was the most freaking depressing playlist ever!

 

 

Baekhyun let out an unattractive groan of frustration, except it ended up sounding high pitched for some unexplainable reason…probably his crying.

 

 

 

Wow. He might as well just turn into a girl now.

 

 

 

Suddenly his ears pricked up as he heard the floorboards squeak under someone’s shoes. His heart stopped as he heard Chanyeol’s voice.

 

 

 

 

“Oh. It’s you.”

 

 

 

 

Well dur. Who else would it be?

 

 

 

 

“I thought there was a girl in the bedroom.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun pressed his face into the pillow even harder.

 

Please…please stop talking to me.

 

 

 

 

“I just heard the girly music…and some kind of high pitched voice…Baekhyun, are you hiding a chick in here?”

 

 

 

 

He’s hurting. Luhan said.

 

 

 

 

“Hey…are you ignoring me?”

 

 

 

 

I don’t want to.

 

 

 

 

Silence smeared the room, and Baekhyun could only hear the painful pounding of his heart again the bed. He heard Chanyeol sigh, and then the silence returned. It stayed like that for what seemed like forever. Baekhyun figured Chanyeol had left.

 

 

 

Way to go. Why didn’t you just ask him?

 

 

 

Luhan sai-

 

 

 

Luhan is jealous.

 

 

 

 

What.

 

 

 

 

Why didn’t he think of that earlier?

 

 

 

But that was stupid. Luhan had Sehun.

 

 

And only stupid people thought like that.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun turned his head to the side again and peered pointlessly at his bedside table again. His eyes focused on an unfamiliar electronic device. Baekhyun quickly realised it was Chanyeol’s phone – he recognised the dangling, sparkly star phone-charm. When did it get there? His eyes narrowed.

 

Chanyeol’s phone was just as sneaky has Chanyeol was…

 

 

Baekhyun guessed it was some sort of Transformer and had grown legs. Without realising what he was doing, he picked up the phone unlocked it.

 

Stupid Chanyeol for not putting a lock on it.

 

But thank you.

 

 

 

 

His eyes honed in on a text message recently received. The sender was Luhan. Except, it was written as My Luhan.

 

 

 

His Luhan…

 

 

 

His…Luhan…

 

 

 

Yeah ing right !

 

 

 

 

He opened the message and furiously read the text. His mouth dropped open as he skimmed over the words.

 

 

 

 

Are you on your way home?

Chanyeol-ah…please be careful. I was talking to Baekhyun-ssi before…

And it might be a shock…but he told me he didn’t like you like that.

It would be better if you didn’t talk to him. He’s not the right one for you.

 

Love Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

Ah. Haha.

 

 

 

 

 

Ha. Ha ha ha ha

 

 

 

 

 

ha ha ha

 

 

 

 

 

YOU LITTLE CREEP YOU STUPID PERSON YOU FREAKING LIAR!

 

 

 

Baekhyun grinded his teeth together so that he wouldn’t yell aloud and punched the pillow…which happened to be against the wall, and actually pretty thin – so he basically punched the wall.

 

 

 

 

And it hurt.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun furiously scanned for the time the message was received.

 

 

 

2:34pm.

 

 

 

He looked at the time now.

 

 

 

2: 50pm.

 

 

 

Chanyeol had plenty of time to read his messages, and this one had definitely been opened. His eyes narrowed and his brain began to piece things together.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun doesn’t like you like that.

 

So Chanyeol knew he liked him like that.

 

 

 

 

It would be better if you didn’t talk to him.

 

As soon as Chanyeol walked into the room, he addressed him.

 

 

 

He’s not the right one for you.

…isn’t that something someone says…if they rejected by the person they like?

 

 

 

 

Yes.

 

 

 

It was.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had seen way too many romance mov-…no. No he hadn’t. That was a lie.  

 

I worry about you. Everyone has stashed under their beds, and you have-

 

Shut up.

 

 

 

 

 

That wasn’t the point. Chanyeol knew he liked him. Baekhyun knew Chanyeol liked him. Baekhyun freaking-hell-even-though-he-didn’t-want-to-admit-it knew that he liked Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Luhan you can go a-…

 

Nevermind.

 

 

 

 

Suddenly all the energy in the world returned to Baekhyun. His head was clear and body could run twenty freaking marathons – not that he’d want to. He’d make Luhan jealous. Then he’d see who the person who really loved Chanyeol was. Love Luhan – Baekhyun mimicked his girly fake voice in his head. No way. No. He was going down. If Chanyeol liked Baekhyun, then there was nothing in the world that could go wrong.

 

 

He raised his hand with an over-energetic fist pump.

 

 

 

“ yes!”

 

 

 

 

“What the hell are you doing?”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun spun around at Chanyeol who was standing in the doorway.

 

 

 

“Have you been there the whole time?!”

 

 

 

“Pretty much.”

 

 

 

. Had he caught him looking at his phone?

 

 

 

Chanyeol shook his head jokingly.

 

 

 

 

“No. Really I just came back now.”

 

 

 

 

Phew.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt his energy slowly rise again. He his lips and forced his voice towards his lips. Luhan would suffer. He would make that devil in disguise writhe in jealously.

 

 

 

Evil Baekhyun just knocked on the door.

 

 

 

 

“So Chanyeol…Uh…”

 

 

 

That didn’t sound very evil.

 

Shut up. I’m getting there.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol leaned back on the door waiting for him to continue.

 

 

 

 

“This weekend, how about we go to the beach? With everyone, and Luhan too.”

 

 

 

He tried not to let his evil smile slip onto his poker face.

 

 

 

His mind was already beginning to think of all the things he could do to piss Luhan off.

 

 

·         Share an ice-cream with Chanyeol in plain sight.

·         Bury Chanyeol in the sand like a burrito.

·         Drag Chanyeol to the ocean to splash around in the waves…as much as he hated it…

·         Buy a slushie.

·         Read a good book.

·         Get a tan.

·         Play in the rock po-

 

 

 

Wait. This was beginning to lack Chanyeol-ness.

 

Maybe he just wanted to go the beach...

 

 

 

With Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Yes. With Chanyeol. And Luhan.

 

 

 

We’ll see who’s volcano explodes the first, won’t we.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol paused, thinking about it in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s poker-face-failed smile slipped right off his face.

 

 

 

 

 

“W-what? Why not?” Baekhyun tried to sound as nonchalant as possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol shrugged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s forecasted to rain. You don’t like water.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun tried to fight with all the might of a raging army, the creeping of a blush onto his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So let’s go tomorrow instead.”

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt his heart explode.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That’s it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan, you’re going down. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

Author's Note:

 

Uwah~ I'm so tired and this is the result of it TT_TT I'm sorry.

So how is everyone. You won't believe how much i'm laughing at the comments.

I mean - poor Luhan - I absolutely adore Luhan and I don't know what in the world

possessed me to making him so annoying. Haha >////<

 

By the way - anybody have tumblr?

 

byunbaekhyunmybacon.tumblr.com

 

See you all.