Potato

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

“-so I was thinki-”

 

“MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA~”

 

“Baekhyun what are yo-”

 

“CHANYEOLISAJERKCHANYEOLISAJERKSTUPIDSTUPIDBAH~”

 

“BAEKHYUN SHUT UP!”

 

Chanyeol tore Baekhyun’s hands away from his ear and clapped his hand over his mouth. Baekhyun’s big eyes were beginning to tear up as he stared at Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

“I like you, Okay?”

 

 

 

 

 

What did he just say?

 

 

 

 

I like you.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol managed to look everywhere, but him. He let out a small cough, and leant against the back of the lounge chair, probably to support his shaking knees.

 

 

“I uh…said that…” He began slowly, suddenly startled by a loud, obnoxious ringing bell.

 

 

 

At first, Baekhyun didn’t even hear it. His heart was swelling up and he felt like it was squeezing out of his ears like it was play-dough and he was Mr. Potato Head.

 

 

 

Was he dreaming?

 

Was he hallucinating?!

 

WAS HIS BREAKFAST DRUGGED?!

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wanted to slap Chanyeol across the face just to make sure he was real. However he was certain that:

 

 

1.      If he was real, Baekhyun probably wouldn’t live to ever slap someone again.

2.      His face was so beautiful to hit.

 

 

 

no.

 

 

 

He had to get out of there.

 

 

 

What was that noise?

 

 

 

Probably just Chanyeol’s phone.

 

 

 

Perfect.

 

 

 

Wait. What are yo-

 

 

 

“FIRE! FREAKING FIRE!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

Baekhyun leaped from the spot he was slowly melting into and bolted out the front door. This was probably one of the most embarrassing things he’d done infront of Chanyeol since he met him, but he guessed he was used to be a complete and utter fruit-cake infront of him. He raced down the hall.

 

 

 

.

 

 

Where the bloody hell do I go now?

 

 

Baekhyun frantically searched the endless corridors. 

 

 

Escape. Escape!

 

 

If I were a maniac screaming retardly pretending to be running from a burning building, where would I go?

 

 

He stopped suddenly when he came across a fire-escape plan pinned up on the wall. He stood there for a little while, squinting at the little colourful lines pointing in random directions – seriously, who the hell designed these?

 

He tried tilting his head.

 

He tried following them like a maze.

 

He trie-

 

 

 

 

I think you just burned to death.

 

 

 

 

It’s not my fault that these stupid signs are harder to decipher than Shakespearean poetry.

 

 

It should just have a massive arrow saying YOU ARE HERE and another one saying THIS IS WHERE YOU GO TO LIVE.

 

 

 

 

Life isn’t that simple.

 

 

 

Yet somehow you are.

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s finger finally rested on the exit closest to his position and he ran for it. He didn’t even check to see if Chanyeol had followed him, but he figured he had been an uncaring bastard and answered his phone instead.

 

 

He practically jumped through the door of the fire-escape and it slammed with a resounding thud which echoed creepily in the hollow, concrete stairwell.

 

 

He wheezed and held on the rail as he attempted to catch his breath.

 

 

 

He had always said it was his asthma.

 

 

 

To be honest, he was just a potato.

 

 

 

But he was not fat, like Jerky-Chanyeol had said on their first date meeting.

 

 

 

He was puffed.

 

 

 

And tired.

 

 

 

And the cool concrete floor looked very appealing, quickly racing towards his face…

 

 

 

 

 

He hadn’t expected Chanyeol to like him.

 

Not in a million years.

 

What the bloody hell was he going to do now?