It was NOT a compliment

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

“What is this?!”

 

 

Baekhyun’s voice rang out from his bedroom, and reached every corner of the apartment. He was pointing to several large boxes, neatly stacked on his bed. Either they were full of his belongings to make room for Chanyeol, or they were full of Chanyeol’s belongings to make Baekhyun’s room his.

 

He didn’t like either of those choices.

 

 

The boxes had to go.

 

 

He swiped at them in a huff to get them off his bed. They didn’t even budge, and Baekhyun quickly retreated his throbbing hand.

 

He heard the front door creak open and heavy footsteps made their way towards his room. Kyungsoo appeared, hugging another large box closely to his body, obviously struggling under the weight. He carefully pushed Baekhyun’s door fully open with his foot.

 

“Ah Baekhyun. Hi,” he greeted gently, even though his voice was a little strained from carrying the heavy object. “Would you mind carrying some of these boxes from outside in here?”

 

 

So they were Chanyeol’s.

 

 

“No.” Baekhyun replied adamantly, staring at the cardboard boxes, hoping they would burst into flames.

 

 

Kyungsoo dropped the box onto the bed, reuniting it with its lost brothers and stared blankly at him. He gave him an inquisitive look and Baekhyun simply folded his arms and slumped onto an empty space on his bed in his room in his apartment in his neighbourhood asdfhkalshf... He took one look at the intrusive boxes and kicked them off forcefully.

 

They tumbled to the floor with a resounding thud.

 

Baekhyun felt pleased.

 

“Uh…okay.” Kyungsoo turned slowly on his heels carefully closed the door after him so whatever teenage-melodramatic disease Baekhyun had caught wouldn’t spread and affect anybody else.

 

Baekhyun lay on his covers, eyes closed, arms and feet spread out like a starfish. He bet himself $100 of Kai’s money if he actually made it one night with Chanyeol in the same room, without killing him. The chances of him winning were very next to nothing, at the most.

 

 

If Chanyeol was a dinosaur in a past life…

 

He would have happily been the meteor.

 

 

 

 

But a rock isn’t a living thing…

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun scrunched up his face.

 

 

 

 

Shut up, Brain.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun could just hear Chanyeol’s voice mocking him for having another imaginary argument with himself.

 

 

My imaginary friend’s name is Tom! What’s yours?

 

Is yours as stupid as you are?

 

 

 

Hey Brain…

I thought I told you to shut up.

 

 

Baekhyun found himself picking apart every little thing about Chanyeol that pissed him off.

 

 

He was tall.

His voice was too deep.

His face was too cute.

He had a twitch in his right eye.

His hair was crazy.

His smile was too beautiful.

His body was too slender…

 

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

 

His…body?

 

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes wide enough for them to pop out of their sockets.

 

 

His body?!

 

 

Why the hell was Baekhyun thinking about Chanyeol’s body?!

 

 

And had he just said it was…slender?

 

 

He backtracked.

 

 

His smile was too beautiful.

 

 

His smile.

 

 

His…smile…

 

 

Beau…ti…ful.

 

 

 

 

 

Right.

 

He needed to get himself to a doctor, and quick, before this disease took over the rest of his brain and he began saying this embarrassing crap aloud.

 

It sounded like he was complimenting Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Which he was not!

 

 

 

Kyungsoo entered his room again, lowering another box to the floor. He looked over at Baekhyun, frozen like a mental patient on his bed.

 

 

“Baekhyun. Are you okay?”

 

 

Baekhyun glanced over at him.

 

 

“I’m fine. Go away.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But Baekhyun…you’re blushing.”