Love is Secret

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

The two guys sat in the echoing stairwell – one basically having a mental breakdown, and the other listening intently (no doubt to find out information to blackmail him in the future). Out of all the people on the floor, in the apartment, in the neighbourhood, in the district, in the city, in the country, in the world, in the solar system, in the galaxy, in the universe, in Kyungsoo’s stomach…why did it have to be Kai who found him – a stupid-dongsaeng who laughed at his hyungs, never put the lid back on bottles and didn’t care about anything or anyone but Donuts.

 

 

Couldn’t God have given him a more helpful, less self-centred person during this pitiful time?

 

 

Did Baekhyun blow up a city in a past life?

 

 

What did he do to deserve this?

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

When did Kai get that new donut key-ring?

 

 

 

 

 

“So who said I like you first?”

 

 

“Well…it wasn’t exactly like that…I kinda just asked him why he couldn’t admit that he liked me…”

 

 

“How is that even close to a confession? It sounds more like you’re an arrogant player.”

 

 

“Like you?”

 

 

“…This isn’t about me…see? I can be not self-centred.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun let out a sigh.

 

 

 

 

“I kinda just…kissed him.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun blushed at his words, even though it ended up more sounding like he’d just confessed about having dirty dreams about Chanyeol or something which he didn’t because that was just wrong…

 

 

 

“So you confessed by kissing him.”

 

 

 

“If you could even call it a confession…if anything…he’s the one who flat out said I like you.”

 

 

 

Kai grunted an understanding and seemed to stare at something out in space.

 

 

 

“If you both like each othe-”

 

 

 

“I don’t like him!”

 

 

 

Baekhyun was surprised by his own words. Kai only jumped a little at the loudness.

 

 

 

“I mean…”

 

 

 

What did he mean?

 

 

Why didn’t he like him?

 

 

 

No. He did like him.

 

 

 

He didn’t want to like him.

 

 

 

 

 

Kai stared curiously at Baekhyun’s scrunched up face whilst drumming his slender nails on the rough concrete beneath them. He chuckled slightly.

 

 

 

“It’s obvious you like him.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun looked up.

 

 

 

Well durr to that fact, to the point that it was embarrassing.

 

 

 

 

“When I saw him…I thought he was really attractive…” Baekhyun curled his arms around his knees, hugging them tightly to his body. He may as well have been speaking aloud to himself as he continued…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…then he called me fat.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai blinked, trying to stifle a laugh. It kinda ruined the whole deep-and-meaningful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He didn’t call you fat.”

 

 

“He said the reason he needed to walk was because he couldn’t end up looking like me…he called me fat.”

 

 

 

 

Kai shook his head as his Hyung continued.

 

 

 

 

“It was really starting to piss me off. Everything he did, he did it to annoy me: steal my room, steal my bed, wet my hair, use my face-towel…and he even left snot on it!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Uh…Hyung. That may have been me…”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn't even hear it. 

 

 

 

“He was pissing me off on purpose! So it totally went over my head when he hurled that remote at you –that lump is looking really good at the moment- because he thought you kissed me…I just-”

 

 

 

 

“…and then you kissed him.”

 

 

 

I wasn’t expecting him to like me, okay?! He’s a jerk! ”

 

 

 

Kai bit his lip and patted Baekhyun tenderly on the shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

That’s a first.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had never seen this side of him before. Maybe he should act like a teenage drama queen more often.

 

 

 

 

 

“Baek-Hyung, you know you like him. And you know he likes you. So you should just confront him. Not like, run up to him and hit him in the face and yell at him about why they hell do you like me?

 

 

 

 

“I wouldn’t do that…”

 

 

 

 

“I still have the video on my computer. I’m sure that poor Chinese dude didn’t appreciate that. He's probably with someone now who actually likes being liked…”

 

 

 

 

Shut up. Continue.”

 

 

 

 

“Just ask him about it. If you both like each other, then I don’t see what the big deal is.”

 

 

 

 

“I don’t…want to like him.”

 

 

 

 

Why did his mouth keep saying that?

 

 

 

 

“He should have said no…that way I could have said it was a joke or something. But no, he says yes. What kind of popular, handsome, y- jerk digs someone who can’t even speak intelligently within their presence?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung…I think I should say something.”

 

 

“Is it going to make me feel better?”

 

 

“Probably not…”

 

 

“That’s the spirit.”  

 

 

“You remember when I told you that Kyungsoo offered Chanyeol to move in with us?”

 

 

“You hid in the room because I was going all Super-Saiyan.”

 

 

 

“Yeah…Kyungsoo didn’t ask. Chanyeol did.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s head shot up from staring at a coffee stain on the ground.

 

 

 

 

“What.”

 

 

 

 

“Um. There was one time we were all out shopping – the three of us – and Chanyeol saw us. He asked Kyungsoo if you were staying with us, in our apartment. When he heard that you were, he asked (not on the same day of course…that would be suspicious and plain obvious) if he could move in with us.”

 

 

“You knew…”

 

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes.

 

 

Kai gulped.

 

 

 

“You knew that he liked me. That’s why you tried to set us up on that date.”

 

 

“I was trying to help the poor bastard out. It was plain as day.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s head was still a mess.

 

 

 

 

If Chanyeol had liked him all this time, why did he make it so hard for Baekhyun to like him back?

 

 

 

 

“He likes me.”

 

 

 

 

“Yup.”

 

 

 

 

“I like him.”

 

 

 

 

“Probably.”

 

 

 

 

 

“But he’s such a jerk.”

 

 

 

 

 

“…only to you…”

 

 

 

 

Why?!

 

 

 

 

Kai sighed and scratched the back of his neck nervously, obviously debating whether to say something or not – which was unusual because he usually just said whatever came to his mind. He settled on an answer, and it made Baekhyun even more dumbfounded than before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He told me to keep it a secret.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

 

Author's Note:

 

Hi everyone - silent readers, loud readers, people who are here to mock me.

As you can guess, my exams (you not have know that fact) are finished and I am finally on holidays.

If you are actually reading this...i'm going to continue.

I'll be updating a lot more often now. *fist pump*

For all of you romantic freaks out there:

 

I like long comments on the story,

romantic feels all over the place by candlelight

and a nice and gentle fangirlspazzing over the computer screen.

 

This is Abbie.

 

OUT.

 

Saranghae Everyone! <3

 

P.S. Oh and i'm sorry this chapter was so boring and not interesting. But at least with fanfic you can have dialogue.