Hold Still

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

 

 

The soft sunlight drifted through the blinds and kissed Baekhyun’s eyelids. They fluttered open and the brunette stretched towards the sky. He let his body sink into the bed and shuffled onto his side, only to be met with the soft lashes and wild hair of the person who had kissed him last night.

 

 

 

 

 

They were in the same bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They slept together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun fell backwards onto the hard floor again for the hundredth time since meeting Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

His mind was racing.

 

 

 

 

He tried to remember what exactly happened last night – but no matter how hard he tried, he could only remember one thing.

 

 

 

 

Kis…ki…

 

 

 

 

He couldn’t even bring himself to say it. 

 

 

 

Soon Baekhyun was started by the very person he had been thinking of poking his face over the side of the bed – that stupidly massive grin cracking windows again.

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you so loud?”

 

 

 

 

I was loud last night?!

 

 

 

 

Oh my god. Kill me now!

 

 

 

 

“C-chanyeol. D-did w-e-?”

 

 

 

 

 

He watched the other’s face scrunch up as he was obviously trying to remember last night as well. After a moment, Chanyeol’s began roaring with giggles.

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun, you really are an idiot. We sleep in the same bed because Kyungsoo still hasn’t gotten the other one…remember?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes. Please kill me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He had totally forgotten.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun tried to cover up his beetroot red face and his stomach was squirming like a dead fish and asdhfjasdhfjkashfksfjksdhjls.

 

 

 

If any time was the right time to cry, it would be now.

 

 

 

 

 

Cry baby.

 

 

 

 

Shut the hell up. If you hadn’t been on morning coffee-break I wouldn’t be in this mess.

 

 

 

 

Blaming me for everything…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun faced the lanky figure once again, peeping through the spaces between his fingers. He was staring off in space somewhere, not even phased by Baekhyun’s embarrassing accusation.

 

 

 

 

“I think…” Chanyeol began slowly, “That even though Kyungsoo says he keeps forgetting to bring in the bed, that he’s actually just hiding the fact he doesn’t have one.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s face dropped.

 

 

 

 

Out of all the things which have happened recently, that was all that idiot could think about?!

 

 

 

 

 

Now – to more important matters.

 

 

 

 

“So…Chanyeol…That k-k-k-k-k…k-ki-i-i…”

 

 

 

 

Really Baekhyun. Really?

 

 

 

 

Copper hair caught his eye again and Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol fluffing it up for some weird reason. He already looked like a psychopath.

 

 

 

 

Excuse me Chanyeol. I was speaking to you.

 

 

 

 

“That ki-ki-ki-ki….k-k-k-k…”

 

 

 

 

 

Well this is going wel-shut up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The kiss?”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun choked on his surprise as Chanyeol said it so simply. He felt himself flush again. He watched Chanyeol prop himself up and sit cross legged on the bed, staring down at him.

 

 

 

 

“I guess it was what they call…a moment of temporary insanity.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Load the cannons.

 

 

 

 

 

Boys, we’re off to war.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun sniffed angrily as Chanyeol flopped back onto the bed and pulled the blankets up past his head. He remained on the floor, hoping the stickiness underneath wasn’t sweat, but his skin, slowly melting into the plastic. It was only a matter of time until he became a floorboard. Finally, his all his wishes would be granted. He would be thin, smooth, sleek, and pale.

 

 

 

 

And yet, that stupid Jerk Chanyeol would still walk all over him.

 

 

 

 

Dammit.

 

 

 

 

The brunette spazzed silently on the floor, flailing his arms and legs angrily and screaming voiceless words at the mop of hair that lay still in the bed above him. He breathed out heavily and all the anger left his body.

 

 

 

 

Now he just fet sad.

 

 

 

 

And pissed.

 

 

 

 

And hungry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Most of all, just hungry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But Baekhyun didn’t feel like leaving the room. If anything, all his energy was drained from his Nintendo Wii fight training on the floor just now. Yet, like the manly and not fat person he was, Baekhyun unstuck himself like a Lego piece from the floorboards and headed heavily over to the door. He stood there for a good minute and a half, just thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

Should I go out?

 

You mean outside.

 

Funny Ha. Ha. I want to eat breakfast.

 

And get fat?

 

I’m-Not-Fat-God-Dammit!

 

 

 

 

With the war raging in his head between himself and his highly intellectual –cough cough– and undoubtedly cynical brain, Baekhyun’s beautiful y face was about to explode. Obviously the better of the two won. Baekhyun bashed his head against the heavy painted door, not caring if it woke the snoring giant – because let’s face it, not even Kyungsoo and Kai doing it could wake that idiot even if they were in the same bed. Not that they had been. Not that Chanyeol had been so tired one night that he slumped onto the lover’s bed and fallen asleep instantly. Not that Kai and Kyungsoo had been the grumpiest grumps in all of Grumpland the next morning. Not that Baekhyun had missed Chanyeol’s warmth and slender figure to hug that ni-

 

 

 

 

Ah ha ha ha.

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

Nevermind.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun finally found the strength to move again, but for some reason, thinking about Chanyeol had spurred some sort of pissed off reaction within him. Perhaps it was the fact that he just wouldn’t be nice.

 

 

 

 

Well, that sounded really gay.

 

He’s a mean mean person!   

 

Aww, I’m sorry honey. Maybe you can just find some other friends to play with!

 

I’m not in primary school!

 

 

 

Asdfghjksdfhgjkdsgsdhfjkgh

sdjhfgklhklsdh

fjkshgj

kl

h!

!

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun opened the door and slammed it – even though he hadn’t left the room. There was no way he was getting back into the bed with Chanyeol because let’s face it, that would be awkward on crack. The resounding thud echoed throughout the tiny room, and windows cried out a little in fear of being broken. Chanyeol continued snoring. Hey, this felt pretty good – like an anger management technique or something.

 

 

 

Baekhyun opened the door again.

 

 

 

 

And closed it.

 

 

 

 

BANG!

 

 

 

And opened it.

 

 

 

And closed it.

 

 

 

BANG!

 

 

 

And opened it.

 

 

 

And closed it.

 

 

 

BA-POP!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun flew backwards onto the floor and his ended up somehow over the top of his head. He scrambled to his knees and stared in horror at the shiny object in his hand. His eyes widened as he realised.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The handle broke off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It could only have been coincidence that as his mouth dropped, the handle on the other side dropped onto the floor with a loud clang.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun rushed to the door and stuck his finger through the hole and tried to jerk the door backwards.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stuck as much as Baekhyun in love

 

That was unnecessary

 

Stuck as much as my foot up your

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun let out a massive groan as he chucked the stupid handle at the door. It dented the paint and rolled off somewhere under the bed. It was only then Baekhyun caught a glimpse of colourful paper. He crawled like a ninja on his hands and knees to retrieve the sticky note from the murky depths of Baekhyun-Secret-Stash crawling with Girl’s Generation’s Collectables, extra hair products and research. He pulled out the dusty pink paper and attempted to iron it out using his hands. He recognised Kyungsoo’s neat, precise handwriting:

 

 

 

 

 

“Kai – The knob is loose. Fix this please”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5…

 

 

 

 

 

4…

 

 

 

 

 

3…

 

 

 

 

2…

 

 

 

 

 

1…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun screamed out the blasted name with the volume of gym coach with multiple megaphones. The bird that had been tapping at the window scrambled on the ledge and took flight, while Chanyeol simply sniffed and turned over. The brunette stormed over to his mobile to call the bloody idiot right now and give him a piece of his semi-detached mind when he was startled by the sudden message alert. He automatically opened it by reflex.

 

 

 

 

1 New Message

 

 

 

 

From: Kyungsoo

To: BaekBaek

 

 

 

Title: Good Morning!

 

 

 

 

“Morning Baek~

 

Kai and I are having breakfast out.

 

Won’t be home until later.

 

Enjoy your day!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared at the last sentence.

 

 

 

 

 

Enjoy your day.

 

 

 

 

 

ENJOY.

 

 

 

YOUR.

 

 

 

DAY.

 

 

 

 

 

He slammed his phone shut and did another silent monkey spaz dance.

 

 

 

 

Then the annoyance caused him to open his phone again, and against his will, his brain made him angrily smash the keys in a new message in response to Kyungsoo’s.

 

 

 

 

 

 

From: Baekhyun

To: Kyungsoomma

 

 

 

Title: Asfhgjskdfsghjksdfhglkdf

 

 

 

“I’ll enjoy my freaking day.

If your boyfriend screwed things properly I wouldn’t be in this mess right now.

Here I was banging against the door in my bedroom and the thing fell off.

I pulled it off!  

Now I’m stuck in the room with that stupid giant and I don’t want to go back to bed with him!”

 

 

 

 

 

Message Sent

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun groaned loudly as he shut his poor phone again, whining at being physically abused. He glanced across at Chanyeol again. How the hell could that man have slept through Baekhyun’s awfully loud button smashing? It was only a matter of seconds before the phone vibrated again and Baekhyun snatched up the device and flipped it open.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun? Was this for somebody else?”

 

 

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun glanced at the sender again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From: Luhan

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LUHAN!?!?!??!?!?!?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Out of all people in this messed up world to accidentally send that text to, he sent it to Lu-.

 

 

 

 

He jumped as his phone vibrated again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sounds like you had a fun night though”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun screamed-cried-yelled-choked-swore-laughed-died and bellyflopped onto the bed, straight onto the biggest and tallest problem that ever set foot in his life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just Why?

 

 

 

 

 

Why?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

WHY?!!?!?!??!

 

 

 

 

He was basically stuck with this idiot in the same room until that stupid romantic couple returned.

 

Which could be never.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong Baekhyun?”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun heard Chanyeol’s muffled voice from under the pillow he was trying to suffocate him with.

 

 

 

 

“Nothing. Just shut up and stop breathing.”