Plan B

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

Baekhyun pressed his face deeper into the pillow as he heard the bedroom door creak open – mainly to, one, hide his face from all of humanity, and two, to hide the fact that he was chomping on a handful of sour grape candies he’d scabbed from Chanyeol’s not-so-secret-anymore stash. He tried crunching them as quietly as he could, squashing the pillow around his face with his arms,.

 

Crunch.

 

“Baekhyun…”

 

Crunch Crunch

 

“What are you eat-”

 

“Nothing!” Baekhyun managed to chomp his way to China (Ha. Ha. He could have bought a plane ticket with less pain) and emerged like a whack-a-mole from behind the pillow. He regretted it instantly. His body seized up. His face contorted like when his mother used to smoosh his cheeks around back in elementary school. His eyes squeezed tight enough to see the inside of his head. Then it was all over, and it went black.

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun died that day.

 

 

Without warning, his heart gave way after he ate too many sour lollies in one hit.

We will all miss him terribly – friends, family and most of all, his beloved crush, Chanyeol.

 

 

Chanyeol died the next day ofheartbreak.

 

 

Their graves were placed next to each other.

 

 

Luhan died the day after that, after he made certain his grave would be placed in the middle of them both, separating them, like the master creeper er he was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s what you get for stealing my lollies.”

 

Baekhyun cringed and wriggled the remaining sour sensation away as he opened one eye.

 

“No normal person stores lollies under their bed,” he grumbled, “especially life-threatening ones.”

 

Chanyeol scoffed as he whacked Baekhyun across the back of the head, simply plonking his lanky figure next to him. Baekhyun turned away as he realised that they were indeed by themselves again, even though the obnoxious voices of the peanut gallery were lurking just outside. The walls of the bedroom made him feel claustrophobic recently and Baekhyun would like to point a very very obvious finger to the exact reason why.

 

 

“So, Sexy- Beefcake.”

 

 

Baekhyun heart flipped in his stomach and he was pretty sure his brain dropped out his ear. Out of everything he could have said in his moment of temporary sanity –or rather Baekhyun’s oh-look-candy-om-nom-nom state– why did he say that. Sure, he was y. Sure his was y. He was a Taurus after all – and you know, Tauruses are well known for their damn fine attractiveness.

 

 

Except for Baekhyun.

 

 

Something happened to him. Something horrible.

 

 

And right now, the face he pulled at that remark was a face only a mother could love. Or a blind mother.

 

 

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows and laughed at Baekhyun’s groan and over-dramatic bellyflop. There was just so much wrong with his life right now.

 

 

One-hundred and fifty-two reason to be exact. And they all were the cause of one particular being.

 

 

If he narrowed them down, he could count his problems on one hand.

 

 

 

1.      Chanyeol.

2.      Luhan – but still Chanyeol’s fault because hello, that’s Chanyeol’s Ex.

3.      Kris – Chanyeol’s fault because he’s letting another Ex tag along.

4.      Kai – because he’s basically a walking-talking-breathing-annoying retard, who’s annoying, breathes loudly, talks too much and basically doesn’t walk. Chanyeol’s fault as well – because he let him set them up for a not-a-date.

5.      Kyungsoo – because he basically made the worst mistake of his life by dating Kai.

6.      Everybody else. Because everybody got on his nerves. And everybody pissed him off – somehow.

7.      He really could sing – and somehow he’d make that Chanyeol’s fault too.

 

 

 

Wait-a-minute.

 

Baekhyun counted his fingers.

 

That’s right. He didn’t think he had seven fingers on one hand.  

 

He heard Chanyeol breathe and jumped. He forgot he was still in the room. Baekhyun felt the mattress lift as Chanyeol rose to his feet.

 

 

 

“Okay, while you are being all princess in here, I’m going to chat to Luhan. He had something to tell me.”

 

“Luhan…”

 

“Yeah. Something about a mistake I’m making or something or rather.”

 

Luhan is one big mistake.

 

“Huh? What was that?”

 

“Shut up.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun, your jealous is showing.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t get Jealous!

 

 

Why are you talking in third person?

 

 

WHY AM I TALKING TO YOU?!

 

 

You mean yourself?

 

 

Stop talking.

 

 

Somebody’s getting snap-

 

 

Stop.

Talking.

 

 

 

He wasn’t jealous, he didn’t think. There were plenty of things good about Luhan and Kris…really.

 

He just didn’t see them.

 

Basically because they were non-existent.

 

He needed to tackle this issue head on: like a man.

 

 

 

“Why did you go out with Kris?”

 

 

. Verbal-vomit. That same freaking question...

 

 

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol stiffen.

 

 

Screw being a man.

 

 

Abort mission – abort! ABORT!

 

 

 

Baekhyun waved his hands around, almost whacking himself in the face, and Chanyeol too for that matter.

 

 

 

“Aashdfkjhskjfhs NEVERMIND. I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU.

 

 

 

“You…don’t care?”

 

“I mean- You’re so annoying!”

 

 

 

This was taking a turn for the worst.

 

 

 

“I’m…annoying…”

 

“No! I mean- I don’t care about relationships!”

 

 

 

 

“…”

 

 

 

Plan B.

 

 

 

 


“Would you like to hear me sing?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun bit his lip as he watched Chanyeol stare long and hard at the ground. For a jerk, he sure was an emotional thing.

 

 

“As long as you give me a pair of earplugs. Kai told me you sound like a Chihuahua going through a saw mill.”

 

 

“I do not-” Baekhyun snapped.

 

 

Baekhyun groaned. He couldn’t believe he was doing this. It was like what he’d practised his whole life in front of the mirror for. It didn’t help that the first person he was going to sing properly in front of was the person he absolutely loathed when he’d met him – now here he was, alone with him in the bedroom, about to pour out his emotions and-

 

 

“Are you actually going to open your mouth, anytime, soon?”

 

 

“Shut up! I was giving myself a pep-talk.”

 

 

 

 

Here goes nothing.

 

 

Baekhyun breathed.

 

 

 

And opened his mouth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“There’s this boy I met…”

 

“Whose head is on fire…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol’s pout.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He put his hands up and laughed, muttering a sorry sorry out between giggles.

 

 

 

 

 

When he sang properly, he stared at the ceiling. He could feel Chanyeol looking at him. But it wasn’t the strange stare he usually received. It was if he was melting away his jerk façade for good. He couldn’t help but notice that the jerk was indeed becoming less jerkier and maybe even a little more…nicer? Baekhyun belted out the notes he only let loose when there was nobody home. He made up words as he went along, not caring if they didn’t make sense, letting his voice travel between the remaining space between them. The final notes lingered a little and Baekhyun began to blush. When Chanyeol didn’t say anything he began to flop onto the floor until he felt the familiar hand on his shoulder. Baekhyun instantly tried to drown out anything the taller tried to say.

 

 

“Don’t say anything-”

“I wasn’t going to-”

“I don’t sing a lot-”

“I was about to say-”

“Just shut up shut up-”

“Will you quit it-”

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHASDGHJASDGHAJS-”

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

AFGDGSFHSGDFHGSDHGFHSFHDSHDFJSKDHFJKSHDFJKSDFHJKLSDHF!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAFGSDFSD-...uh

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun puffed, out of breath.

 

Chanyeol merely stared at him, furrowing his brows.

 

Baekhyun covered his ears, but still, that annoying, smooth deep voice made its way into his head.

 

 

 

 

 

“Look, I’ll buy you lunch tomorrow. Anywhere you want.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun cringed.

 

 

 

“Not like a da-”

 

 

 

“No, it’s not a date.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun smiled.

 

Maybe they were progressing. Even if the road they were travelling on was something more like a scribble than an actual line.

 

 

 

 

“Deal. You owe me for being such a jerk.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol smiled and left the room. Then the smile dropped faster than a lead anvil. He would be with Chanyeol, having lunch, without all the nuisances  –  a.k.a his brat of a dongsaeng, and the pretty creeper. He would finally be alone with Chanyeol, just like that night after the restaurant.

 

 

 

 

Who knew what could happen.

 

That frightened the hell out of him.

 

 

 

 

He heard the door creak open again and turned to find Kyungsoo slip in.

 

 

 

“Hey.”

“Hey…”

 

 

 

“So what’s this thing about tomorrow?” Kyungsoo sat down next to him.

“Just a day out – buddy bonding time, you know,” Baekhyun playfully punched Kyungsoo in the shoulder, only to receive a very annoyed glare.

 

 

Okay. Side note – don’t punch Kyungsoo if you want to keep your head.

 

 

“But Baekhyun, you know what tomorrow is right?”

“Uh…Thursday? Is it my birthday? I don’t think it’s my birthday. Is it your birthday?”

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun…it’s Valentine’s Day.”

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Dude get off my foot!

Shh!

You’re on my head!

What are you even doing on the floor?

Why are we even here-oh…

 

Is that-

 

Yeah, Baekhyun singing.

Wow he can really sing.

That’s kinda cute.

 

Luhan, are you okay?

Luhan?

Hey, Lulu…

 

What are you doing with that knife…

 

Luhan?

 

Who's Luhan?