Finally.

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

“What did you say?!”


 

 

Baekhyun spluttered the words in astonishment as Kyungsoo coughed parsley and Kai laughed, resulting in the older giving him a death stare that probably petrified the extra-terrestrial life on Mars. Chanyeol’s beaming expression set him aside from the others. Baekhyun saw the man swaying gently from side to side, as if none of this affected him at all.

 

 

 

That .

 

 

 

 Honestly, it was sending Baekhyun’s brain over the edge. He suddenly felt a grip around his waist.

 

 

 

 

Ayayayyayayayaya w-what a-a-re you doing C-Chanyeo-” He flailed in the taller man’s grip and watched Kai’s eyes grow as wide as his boyfriend’s. He saw Chanyeol begin to open his mouth. This was it.

 

 

 

 

“I asked Baekhyun-”

 

 

What! No! He asked if I wanted to go-”

 

 

-out, and do you know what he said-”

 

 

 

“-that he meant outside. Chanyeol cut it out. No guys don’t believe-”

 

 

 

“-he said ye-”

 

 

 

“NO!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So did you actually say yes?”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stopped.

 

 

 

 

“Well…yes but-”

 

 

 

 

The rest of his explanation was muffled out by Chanyeol’s loud voice randomly singing about butterflies, flower and what not.

 

 

 

Chanyeol.

The happy little butterf-

Now’s not the time for that.

-what a pretty little flowe-

Stop that.

-it was a venus fly tra-

Shut up.

 

 

 

“I’m so happy for you!”

 

 

 

Baekhyun snapped his neck to the bunch of retards in front of him, cheering like a drunken monkeys on New Year’s.

 

 

 

 

 

Was this some kind of joke?!

 

 

Were they all in on it?!

 

 

 

Dude. Chill.

 

 

 

Don’t tell me to chill! There’s a hidden camera here!

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo straightened in his chair, beaming like a mother who had just witnessed their child’s first crush. He gently placed his hands together in a clapping gesture.

 

 

 

 

“You are finally going out!”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt he was going to explode because of this stupid misunderstanding.

 

 

 

 

“He meant out as in outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside. Outside! Outside! Outside! Outside! Outside! Outside! Outside! Outsi-”

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me, sir.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun stopped in mid-shout and turned to the waitress.

 

 

 

 

“May I ask you to please continue this outside as you are disturbing the rest of the guests dining tonight.”

 

 

 

 

Great.

 

 

 

Baekhyun flushed and nodded. He grabbed onto Chanyeol’s arm, nails digging and everything while murmuring a harsh whispered yes Chanyeol let’s go outside. He dragged the taller outside while the stupid lovers continued quiet cheering.

 

 

 

He’d kill them later.

 

 

 

But for now…

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun peered at the lanky figure smiling up at the stars, the wind softly brushing his copper hair into his eyes, and sighed.

 

 

 

He’d figured he’d liked him from the beginning,

 

 

But every small thing the man did had pissed him off.

 

 

Yet, like an idiot, his heart beat still quickened whenever he saw him

 

 

Jealously spurred when-

 

 

 

Hey hey. Stop that.

 

 

 

You’re just jealous I’m more poetic than you are.

 

 

I’m pissed that you turn my crisis into a teenage melodrama.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wanna go for a walk?”

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s sudden voice made Baekhyun jump. The smaller of the two coughed away his embarrassment and scrunched up his face.

 

 

 

“You look really unattractive like that.”

 

 

 

“Shut up. Can’t I walk by myself?”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol snickered. He smugly held out his hand, signalling for Baekhyun to head in the other direction.

 

 

 


“Go for it, if you want to get mugged, or guys flirting with you.”

 

 

 

“Guy flirting with m-?”

 

 

 

“You could be mistaken for a gi-”

 

 

 

“Shut up! You piss me off so much!”

 

 

 

Baekhyun stamped his foot on the ground, which in reality looked very childish compared to what he was feeling. None-the-less, Chanyeol smirked when Baekhyun huffed as he began stomping heavy steps, in his direction of course. He began to skip behind the angered figure, smiling as if it was the best day of his life - which was the opposite for Baekhyun. Slowly, Baekhyun’s anger dissipated into nothingness. No matter how much he tried to stay mad, hearing the startled cry from the clumsy oaf behind him accidentally tripping on the pavement made his heart laugh itself to tears and he couldn’t help but let a small smile slip onto his angry-face façade.

 

 

Their shuffling footsteps echoed against the pavement in the loneliness of the night. Somehow Chanyeol had managed to work his way in front of the other, and Baekhyun was now mindlessly following the taller’s tracks. Chanyeol seemed to know where he was going, looking this way and that, as if he’d forgotten to turn off the main road a while back. They didn’t speak – Baekhyun was afraid something unimaginably stupider than what he’d already said tonight would slip out. Instead, he was left alone with his thoughts and racing heart.

 

 

Chanyeol wasn’t a stranger anymore.

 

 

Baekhyun realised that now.

 

 

 

The way Chanyeol would scrunch up his face and pout when he accidentally poured water into his cereal.

 

 

The way Chanyeol snored at night until Baekhyun turned him over, then he would wait five seconds until he started again.

 

 

The way Chanyeol would leave the apartment, and then a minute later he would rush back in after climbing the stairs to grab his wallet.

 

 

The way Chanyeol would kick his toe every night on the stupid table with that lamp and swallow his scream while Baekhyun would laugh incessantly in the bedroom.  

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun realised that he took in more of Chanyeol than he thought.

 

 

 

 

 

The way Chanyeol would get jealous when Baekhyun was engaging  in a heated conversation with somebody else, and he would throw in a worthless insult just so Baekhyun would acknowledge him.

 

 

It worked, of course. Baekhyun would always instantly snap around to being called a midget, or a girl and they would then engage in a fiery argument which would quickly dissipate into laughter and result in nothing.

 

 

 

 

There was a part of him which had said Chanyeol has softened a little, changed a bit. Another small part of him didn’t want him to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you like stars?”

 

 

 

 

“Hmm?”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun looked up, but his feet continued and he almost bumped into the taller.

 

 

 

 

“Just making sure you were alive.”

 

 

 

 

The silence which followed made Baekhyun uneasy. He wanted Chanyeol to begin insulting him or something. He wanted to kick him in the ankle, just so he would get mad at him. Anything – this was too much.

 

 

 

Baekhyun glanced around him. The streets were empty and silent around then – the hazy glow of the dim streetlights didn’t seem to reach them. He peered up.

 

 

 

 

“Oh, this light is broken?”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol smiled and nodded childishly. Nobody could see them, Baekhyun figured.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nobody could see them.

 

 

 

 

 

Nobody could see them.

 

 

 

 

What are you up to Park Chanyeol?!

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol gently placed his pale hands on Baekhyun’s small shoulder, and pulled him a little closer. His lifted Baekhyun’s chin up a little, and brushed his thumb over his slightly parted lips.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun couldn’t feel his heart. Everything was screaming, racing, dying.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol brought their lips together and Baekhyun melted into it. It was nothing like when Baekhyun had basically kissed Chanyeol in that moment of temporary insanity. Now, it was something they both felt. Baekhyun blushes a little as he raises himself up to deepen the kiss, delicate arms instinctively wrapping around Chanyeol’s neck. The taller’s hands wandering towards Baekhyun’s lower back. Baekhyun breathed into Chanyeol’s mouth, tongue travelling gently across his soft bottom lip. Baekhyun swore he could hear fireworks going off, but it was probably just his heart. His fingers wove themselves in the copper hair, a sweet scent of strawberry and cherry shampoo. Neither of them made an attempt to break the kiss and all Baekhyun could taste was Chanyeol.

 

 

 

They both froze when they heard a car turning down the street. They broke away as quickly as opposite magnets and searched around to find something non-suspicious to do. But seriously, anything done in an empty street under a broken streetlight would look suspicious.

 

 

 

 

Walking away – awkward.

 

 

Standing – suspicious.

 

 

Sitting – even more suspicious.

 

 

Talking – plotting a terrorist attack.

 

 

Dancing – obviously drunk.

 

 

 

 

So Baekhyun pretended to be passed out as he slumped against Chanyeol, who was acting out carrying him. The people in the car simply stared but continued on their way. After they passed, the two burst into a fit of laughter, just plonking themselves on the pavement and leaning on each other.

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe this was the Chanyeol Baekhyun had been searching for all along.

 


 

 

---

 

Author's Note

 

Oh my goodness. Guess what? So I had this chapter all edited and ready to post and for some reason

it didn't post. I was wondering where it went TT_T

 

Anyway, now I have to write out this Author's note all over again -.-

 

I apologise it has taken me so long to write - but if you would like to know, I have finally graduated!

So yay~ That means more updates! Hopefully.

Naturally, I am sleepy. But I hope this chapter makes up for the wait...

Also, I was never meant to entirely troll with that last chapter, cause I was putting this one up straight away.

Well, we see how that went. Sorry guys. 

 

Don't forget to talk to me, I have an entire couple of months to fill up.

 

Annyeonghikaseyo. saranghaeyo!