Star Signs

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

 

“So they’re not coming back for a while.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded. The brunette was perched on the floor –typical– on his stomach, legs dangling childishly in the air behind him as he flipped the magazine page. While Chanyeol had been snoring away for the last extra hour of sleeping-in, Baekhyun had managed to read half of the popular celebrity magazine Kai had surprisingly purchased for him. However, since the first yawn arose from Chanyeol’s mouth, signalling the idiot had awoken, Baekhyun had been stuck on the same page for the last half an hour. In amidst his earlier insanity, Baekhyun and his brain had made a bet.

 

 

You’re going to die.

 

 

That was basically it. Baekhyun wanted to show his brain or simply himself that he could remain cool and calm around the guy he like, just once. So he had fished out the magazine stashed under his bed and began to read. He tried his best to concentrate. He tried his best to ignore Chanyeol’s overly deep and velvety voice. He tried to stay sane.

 

 

He tried.

 

 

 

“Hey.”

 

 

“Hey.”

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

 

“Reading.”

 

 

“Okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Have you finished reading yet?”

 

“No.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How about now?”

 

“No.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’ve been on the same pag-”

 

 

OH MY GOD SHUT UP I CAN’T CONCENTRATE WITH YOUR Y DEEP VOICE EVERY FEW SECONDS UGH JUST SHUT UP.

 

 

 

 

“...adfghjfghfgjhk…”

 

 

 

Baekhyun grumbled under his breath and gritted his teeth. He would not snap in front of Chanyeol, even if he was sending him insane. His heart leapt silently when he felt Chanyeol’s lean body slide onto the floor next to him. Out of the corner of his eye, he could make out his pale skin, copper hair and large beautiful eyes. He opened his mouth wide in realisation as he studied Baekhyun’s magazine.

 

 

 

“Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh! It’s in English!”

 

 

 

Baekhyun face-palmed, face-floored…face-booked.

 

 

 

“So you can read English?”

 

 

 

Baekhyun turned to face Chanyeol. He wanted to tell him the truth – that he’d only been looking at the pictures the entire time, that he only knew how to say hello, I Love You and Thank you in English and that was only good if you were a hooker. But instead, he choked.

 

 

“Uh yeah. Sure.”

 

Chanyeol’s face lit up. He tugged the magazine in between the two of them, two grown men lying on their stomachs with their feet in the air looking like cute little preschool friends. He ran his long finger along the title of the page.

 

 

“S….taaaaaa…Sig…n.”

 

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but he couldn’t help laughing like a maniac on the inside as Chanyeol smiled proudly at his –absolutely horrendous– English skills.

 

 

“So staaaaaa is that thing in the sky but what does sig…sig…”

 

Sign, Chanyeol, it’s pronounced saaaaiiinnn

 

 

The taller laughed awkwardly at his mistake, a laugh that chorused through Baekhyun’s entire being and slowly melted his heart. He coughed to hide the blush on his face and turned back to the magazine, allowing his long bangs to hide his embarrassed face.

 

 

Be cool, Baekhyun.

 

 

“Read my Staaaaaaa Saaaiiinnn Baekhyun!”

 

 

Baekhyun was surprised by the sudden energy emitted from the other, but rather he was in a because there was no way he could read that passage in English, let alone translate it into Korean. He ran his finger across the words to stall for time to process a likely scenario in his head.

 

 

“Uh…Sagittarius…Y-you are really annoying and-ow!” Baekhyun cried out in mock hurt as Chanyeol punched him in the arm, and then burst out into a fit of giggling as he tried to continue. “You are an air head and you like to punch peo–ow!–ple and you are very funny. Soon-”

 

 

Baekhyun stopped. Chanyeol’s smile left his face as he waited. The brunette took a breath before he continued, eyes fixed on the page, not even reading the words, but concentrating on Chanyeol’s eyes looking at him from beside him.

 

 

“Soon, you will realise that for a while, you’ve been hiding away a little. There is something that you’re afraid of showing, and you want to keep that from people. But perhaps now is that time you should let people in a bit more, because that is where you will find your true happiness.”

 

 

Baekhyun’s eyes still stared contently at the page as a gentle silence arose amongst the two. He felt Chanyeol’s eyes flutter over him and he turned away a little, trying to hide in his own thoughts. He heard Chanyeol breathe in a deep breath before he spoke.

 

 

 

“You’re really good at translating English!”

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighed at the other’s idiocy, yet thanked him for it anyway. He turned back to the other, and saw him grazing his eyes over the little white English words.

 

 

 

“Here’s yours! Toooorrrrasu

 

 

Taur-

 

 

“You are very stubborn. You like to eat-”

 

 

“I’m not fa-”

 

 

“You are an idiot-”

 

 

“Excuse m-?!”

 

 

“But people love you very much. You sometimes try and act differently around people to please them, because you have a very beautiful nature like that. Soon, you will realise that people still want to see the real you, because that’s the person that you are meant to be.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared, his mouth hanging open just slightly, maybe even a little drool was-

 

 

Hey hey, Byun Baekhyun does not drool.

 

That’s uncool.

 

Hey I rhymed. Hehe.

 

 

“Ch-chanye-”

 

 

“So be that person, even if he is a crazy, stupid-”

 

 

“Chanyeol…”

 

 

“-midget, fat-”

 

 

“Chanyeol.”

 

 

“-ugly, stubborn, beauty-queen-”

 

 

“CHANYEOL.”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol paused and smiled.

 

Then Baekhyun realised.

 

 

 

“I thought you didn’t know how to read English!”

 

 

 

 

Strings pulled at all sides to reveal Chanyeol’s legendary ear-to-ear smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun died. He wanted to rewind and just listen to everything Chanyeol had just said about him.

 

 

Wait. Did that mean-

 

 

 

 

 

 

“And neither do you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt himself heat up like a hot air balloon – he just wanted to fly away, out the window, into the world of don’t even look at me again, across the lands of oh my god what did I just do and down the stream of dying in my own tears of embarrassment.

 

 

 

“H-how did you know?” Baekhyun lowered his eyes – if he caught Chanyeol’s, the world would end in a span of one second.

 

 

“Easy – I recognised a word, and you didn’t say it, so obviously you weren’t following the passage.”

 

 

Baekhyun groaned and let his forehead hit the magazine as he slumped into the floor. He opened one eye, peering at the shiny page.

 

 

 

“What word?”

 

 

 

Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun’s face off the page – unromantically he may add – and pointed.

 

 

 

 

Kissu.”

 

 

 

 

Ohhhh. Cool.

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

 

“Isn’t that word the same in Korean?!”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol nodded and laughed. Baekhyun sprung up and squinted at the tiny letters. He actually tried to read the sentence. Because, as much as he didn’t want to remember it, he and Chan­­-cough-yeol had actually…well…you know. And perhaps this stupid American magazine had something to say about it.

 

 

 

After staring at the sentence for about the next ten minutes, whilst Chanyeol laughed at him amusedly from the sidelines, Baekhyun gave up in a huff. Chanyeol patted him on the back, and the sudden contact made Baekhyun jump just a little, his heart stop for just a second and his mind die for just an eternity.

 

 

 

Park Chanyeol – you should really just stop doing that.

 

 

 

Baekhyun stiffened as he realised something. He snatched up the magazine and turned to the front cover. He scanned it for the date. His eyes found it and he furrowed his brow – May 2011. Kai bought this magazine for him last year – whoops. He laughed as he turned to Chanyeol.

 

 

 

“Maybe it wasn’t referring to out k-k-kiasdhfksafh last night after all. Hahaha unless you kissed somebody last year in May Hahahahahahahahhahahahhaahahah…

 

 

Baekhyun’s awkward laughter died down as Chanyeol bit his lip. Some random bird flew up to the window again and began pecking at it. Baekhyun didn’t even have the mind left in him to shoo it away.

 

 

“This was when you went out with Luhan right.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol was obviously having World War III in his head.

 

 

 

“No, I was with somebody else.”

 

 

 

---

 

 

Author's note:

 

I apologise once again - I said I would update more often, but suddenly my dad is off work

And because of this I cannot stay on the computer for the whole day writing TT_T

Also I am tired

And this chapter is short.

 

Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry.

 

nege nege...okay i'll shut up now.

 

 

whoa it changed font by itself O_O