Chicken

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

Rain.

 

 

He loved it.

 

 

Every little drop that kissed his forehead, that tickled his skin as it slid down his face. It was undeniably this type of weather, the comforting silver sky and the deafening noise of the rain pelting the pavement that was so loud he couldn’t even hear himself think, that he loved most.

Especially because it made Baekhyun forget about…him.

 

He opened the door to the apartment expecting (well hopefully not what he hadn’t been expecting last night coming home at 9pm from work) Kai and Kyungsoo to be snuggling on the couch doing all as usual. And as usual, he was correct (except last night coming home from work at 9pm.) – some things will never be forgotten.

 

Without turning around, Kyungsoo waved his hand towards the fridge, “Pancakes and whipped cream in the fridge, don’t touch anything else again or I’ll rip your ing hands off this time.”

“Uh…okay?” Baekhyun closed the door hesitantly, unsure whether or not to loosen his grip on the handle in case he had to make a run for it because by definition, Kyungsoo was a sweet little mummy’s boy who loved his boy more than his mummy.

 

He also willingly told anyone there was yummy precious food in the fridge.

 

He would also never snap at poor Baekhyun like that.

 

Poor Baekhyun. Sob. Sob. Sob.

 

 

The mess of shiny back hair turned around to face him and quickly peered over the couch with his eyes like a child that had just been caught drawing on the walls again with suspiciously poo-coloured crayon. Baekhyun shuffled slightly on the spot, wondering which way to turn, however that wasn’t really a choice considering it was either into the kitchen, into the jaws of the deadly wilderbeast and its cub (kyungsoo and kai) or into the wall – which actually didn’t sound that bad considering the possibilities that could come from it. After an awkward pause Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly.

“Oh hey…Baekhyun…thought you were somebody else.” (So Kris has been around today, huh.) “Pancakes in the fridge, teehee?”

 

 

Ew.

 

 

“Dude don’t do that. It grosses me out,” Baekhyun muttered under his breath as he trudged into his room not even looking back at Kyungsoo, or more importantly…the fridge and supposed pancakes that existed. The old food-crazed Baekhyun days were over and the new shiny Baekhyun had arrived, with brand spanking new alloy wheels and a set of legally tinted glasses which made his sleeker than Men in Black’s blackest tie.

“Fridge is in that direction Baekhyun!”

“My bad.”

 

Yet somethings never change, even in the space of a year.

 

---

 

“Do you think he’s finally let him go?” Kyungsoo murmured to himself as he flicked the channels on the TV. The younger of the two let out a massive groan as he slumped back into the couch and put up his hands in mock annoyance.

“How long does it take to get over someone?! It’s not like they were going out or anything.”

Kyungsoo furrowed his brow.

“Maybe I should just up and leave and see how you do without having someone cook and clean for you. Maybe you’ll appreciate me.”

“Dude you sound like my mom.”

“Yeah except she somehow managed to get rid of you.”

Kai bared his teeth in a cheeky mock smile and stretched his rubber band of a body, cocking his ear to check that Baekhyun was out of earshot (yes, even Kai had become more alert…somewhat). “He’s been gone for like a year. Shouldn’t we start looking for him? I mean, what if he’s dead? Lol.” Kyungsoo whacked the idiot on the back of the head but said nothing. Baekhyun emerged a moment later and the familiar clink of the fridge door opening was heard and Kai stiffened.

 

 

“ you Kai! What kind of sadist prick are you!”

 

Baekhyun stormed over with a note on an empty plate. “You snooze you lose?! What are you in kindergarten?! TAME YOUR ING BOYFRIEND KYUNGSOO OR I’M MOVING OUT!”

 

Kyungsoo counted the angry stomps as Baekhyun charged into his bedroom and slammed the door. Entirely ignoring the guilty look on his boyfriend’s face, Kyungsoo sighed sadly and turned off the tv quietly.

 

“No, he’s not over him.”

 

---

 

He couldn’t get over him.

That guy who had caused him so much trouble. That stupid jerk he’d try to push to the very back of his mind just kept nagging at his conscious – and his heart. He had no energy – hell, he didn’t even have any hate for that stupid Lu and his deadpan sidekick. He just couldn’t be bothered. If the crazy haired martian had left this planet to return home, it was probably for a good reason.

 

To get away from you.

Probably.

Hey…I miss your snarky remarks.

Sorry.

 

Baekhyun sighed deeply, sprawled on his bed. Not even their bed anymore. Just his. Just his room. The space engulfed him and he felt tiny, and alone. A loud blast of air punctured the silence before an obnoxious ringtone pierced his ears.

 

~CATCH ME IF YOU CAN~

 

“Yeah yeah screw you Chan-” Baekhyun muttered fumbling blindly for his mobile.

 

 

“CHANYEOL?!”

 

Baekhyun smacked his face with the phone in a desperate attempt to both answer it and put it to his ear at the same time.

 

“Hello?! HELLO?! Chanyeol are you there?!” Baekhyun sat tensed on the floor, intently listening to the deafening crackle on the other end, hoping for some sort of signal – breathing, a sigh – just anything. A slight intake of air caused Baekhyun’s heart to rip out of his chest. “Chanyeol! I know you’re there, please say something.” He sounded like he was crying – he honestly didn’t give a anymore – no more stuffing around.

 

He needed that jerk back.

 

The deep voice on the other end was finally heard.

 

“Why do you sound like a girl?”

 

 

Well you.

 

 

“That’s all you have to say to me?” Baekhyun’s voice broke suddenly.

 

 

Manly.

NOT. NOW.

That was manlier. Reow.

 

 

Seriously. The first thing that derp features had to say to him after a freaking year of being abducted by emotions was an insult.

 

In a way it was kind of reassuring…

 

But still. Not the type of romantic reunion he’d expected.

 

Not that he expected anything romantic anyway!

 

What did he expect?

 

- An apology? Probably.

- Everything to be back the same way it was? Maybe with less emotional constipation and verbal diarrhea.

- Chanyeol to come back so he could stop paying a higher share of rent?  YES.

 

 

That deep y – ah it – y voice snapped him out his melodrama.

 

“You even look like a girl.”

 

Baekhyun snapped.

 

Seriously Chanyeol? You ing turd scented air freshener – you can’t just on everyone and exp-”

 

A sad whisper cut him off.

 

“Can you please help me…”  

 

Words caught in his throat and Baekhyun suddenly lost all the anger he’d suppressed been suppressing every night for 365 days and was smothered in a blanket of…guilt.

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Outside.”

 

 

His heart stopped. Not romantically – but in the sense that a potato just tried to run down several flights of stairs because it thought that it would be faster than the elevator. After awkwardly tripping on the curb and nearly breaking his ankle, Baekhyun rushed towards the dark slender figure seated by the road, shrouded in the night’s darkness, soft lights illuminating the round eyes he’d missed so much. He took a moment to catch his breath, as the other slowly shifted his gaze from his phone to his eyes.

 

Silence.

Not-so-awkward silence.

 

Chanyeol rushed himself to his feet and opened his mouth to speak. Baekhyun took a step forward.

 

“Don’t even.”

 

He pulled the taller into an embrace and there was silence on the street.

 

It was beautiful.

 

Until somebody drove past in a loud car –or that might have been someone making car noises– and chucked a half-full beer can at the shorter one.

 

Well them.

 

I’m happy.

 

Nothing can change tha-

 

 

“THERE’S ING BEER IN MY HAIR!”

 

 

Baekhyun’s scream pierced the temporary peaceful atmosphere as he felt the liquid run down his face and frantically attempted like to rub it off in the form of a spastic windmill. Chanyeol couldn’t contain his laughter as he watched the shorter one crab dance the sticky liquid away.

 

“Hey hey!” He blurted out between snorts as Baekhyun whacked him in the face, “you’re going to smudge your eyeliner.”

 

“I’m not wearing eyeliner.”

 

 

They froze.

 

 

No. Not like this.

 

 

This was too different.

 

 

“No…Baekhyun.” Chanyeol covered his mouth in shock.

 

 

“Chanyeol, it’s okay.” Baekhyun gently wiped some beer off his face and rubbed it over Chanyeol’s.

 

 

 

“This is the new me.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun attempted to pose as a majestic stallion underneath the street light, but Chanyeol’s playful punch caught him off guard. He began to pull the elder by the coat sleeve down the street.

 

“I have some things to tell y-”

 

 

“HOLY IT’S CHANYEOL!”

 

 

The two figures snapped their heads to find Kai standing at the end of the street outside the apartment entrance.

Well, they assumed it was Kai because he would be the only idiot to scream like ice-cream at 11pm.  Also because the figure at the end of the street was so dark that when Kyungsoo popped around the corner, he looked like the Michelin Man next to his boyfriend.

 

Chanyeol slowly reached for Baekhyun’s wrist.

 

“When I say run…”

 

“Walk?”

 

They began to back away slowly however it caught the eye of the tanned boy and he began to sprint down the street.

Chanyeol cursed and bolted, Baekhyun still attached.


“You didn’t say anything!” Baekhyun cried out behind the taller as he awkwardly gracefully galloped after him.

 

Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“Oh yeah!” He called out. “Chicken!”

 

“What the ?! Chicken?!” Baekhyun attempted to smack Chaneyol’s back but somewhat missed and brushed his-uh-lower back, “What does chicken have to do with running?!”

 

Chanyeol quickly turned around and flashed his million dollar smile. Time seemed to slow down.

 

“Because with you, I can fly.”

 

Baekhyun laughed at the top of his lungs, “I get it,” and it was all nice when it lasted. But stupid Baekhyun had to stuff everything up as usual, and next thing they knew, Baekhyun’s new jeans had a giant hole in them and a nasty bloody mess on his knee.

 

“Some things never change.”

 

“Piss off.” 




---

Hello everybody. 
I have to confess that I didn't have a lot of hope for this story. I love it so much, but as you would all know, people change with time and even though I still absolutely love EXO i'm not as connected with them as I used to. Because of that i'm unsure whether I will finish this story, simply because it will never be the same as it was in the earlier chapters. I'll let you decide after reading this chapter whether you would like me to continue - however do know it probably won't be as funny anymore. and that saddens me because I actually am still a happy person, it's just that perhaps i'm not as witty anymore. Anyway, i'll let you decide. Thank you everybody for your patience.
If this is the last chapter I write and this story ends, then i'm sorry. 

Thank you to everybody who supported me this far. 

Abbie Out