Sprained Wrist

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV
 
"Do you need some help?" D.O entered the kitchen and offered to help you.
 
"Can you serve the fried rice? I'll bring the kimchi and chicken." Grateful, you took the kimchi from the fridge as D.O went out to serve the fried rice.
 
*He's nice unlike the first time we met. Maybe he's bipolar?* You thought to yourself.
 
When you reached the dining table, 13 plates of fried rice were laid out neatly. You placed the kimchi and chicken in the middle of the table before taking a seat between Suho and Sehun.
 
"Thank you for the food, noona. I'll eat it well." Sehun chirped before digging in. 
 
"Dish ish shoo good!!" Sehun commented with his mouth full of rice. 
 
You shook your head in disapproval at his bad table manners but deep inside you were glad that he liked your cooking. Your body felt warm all over as you looked around the table at all the boys enjoying their meal. It has been so long since you last ate a meal with a group of people and you missed having a family.
 
Dinner passed by quickly with little conversation here and there. However, you choked slightly on your food when Chanyeol raised some questions you were trying very hard to avoid. "So, Hyeri, why didn't you fight back just now? And how'd you know how to fight in the first place? We thought we heard that Venom leader calling you K. Is it true?" Chanyeol boldly inquired.
 
You swallowed your food with a stiffened expression. "That's none of your business. I have my reasons." With that, you quickly finished up your dinner, put your plate in the sink before going up to your room, leaving all the boys in silence.
 
"Told you she wouldn't tell." Kai commented in a smug manner, which you heard on the way up to your room.
 
When you entered your room, you checked your phone for any messages or missed calls and found two voice mails. You played them on speaker while you switched on your laptop. A familiar voice which you despised greeted you and you sighed inwardly when you heard the message she had for you.
 
"Annyeong Hyeri-ah. It's been a while since we last saw each other and I heard you're doing quite well. Not a single fight or trouble had been caused by you in school and I'm impressed. Guess I don't have to send you to juvenile camp or a dorm school. But you should keep in mind that as long as you're not legal yet and I'm your guardian, you should learn to behave because I'm the one who decides where you end up in. Arasseo? Come visit the orphanage again soon." Minah, your social worker ended the message.
 
The second message started playing after the first one. "K. Boss has a job for you again. Get here now." As soon as you heard the message you rummaged through your closet and got ready to go meet your boss.
 
Unknown to you, Kris, D.O, Kai and Sehun had heard the messages being played by accident as they passed by your room and decided to hear the whole thing. They didn't mean to eavesdrop but their curiosity got the best of them. They were clearly surprised by the new information and snuck off to tell the others.
 
You came out of your room a few minutes later, clad in stretchy jeans, a black shirt with a hoodie underneath a black leather jacket. Black converses matched your outfit and your hair was tied in a loose bun. The living room was empty when you came down and you figured the boys were either still eating or in their rooms. You quickly made your way to Hottest, a club owned by your boss or bosses, 2PM, made up of 6 members - Taecyeon, Junho, Junsu, Wooyoung, Nichkhun and Chansung.
 
Slipping into the club unseen, you made your way to the table that 2PM frequented and found all 6 of them downing some drinks. "What's the job?" You asked them as you sat at an empty space.
 
"You're here. Took you long enough. There's going to be a gang fight at Trail Park in an hour's time. Get there on time and lead our group. Here's a million for the job." Taecyeon answered and passed you the small pouch of money.
 
With a bored expression, you picked up the pouch, checked the contents and once you were sure that the amount of money was correct, you stood up and left. As you walked out, you reached into your pocket for your mask and put it on to hide your face. A large silver K made up of small sequins was emblazoned on the mask, identifying you as one of the most infamous and strongest fighter in the gangster world. 
 
*K is back in action.* You smirked.
 
As you reached the park, both sides were staring each other down. You pulled up your hoodie and hid your pouch of money before proceeding to join the upcoming fight for territory. The ones on your side greeted you with a nod before continuing their staring contest. The K on your mask gleamed as the moonlight shone on it, making your opponents widen their eyes as it finally dawned on them who they were up against. "Let's get this over with. I don't have all night." Cracking your knuckles, you walked closer towards your opponent.
 
*10 against 10. This won't take long. And I can even vent out some of my anger at the same time.* You smirked behind your mask and scanned for a target. An intimidating guy at the front had his eyes on you and you knew your target.
 
With no time to lose, both sides charged towards each other, fighting 1-on-1. Standing at 170cm has it advantages as you were able to slip through your opponent's grasp multiple of times. You knew that strength was not going to work as your opponent was much stronger than you. As he lunged for you, you moved to the side swiftly, tripped him with your leg and pushed him down from the back, making him land on his face with a loud thud. 
 
*Hehe! Using his own strength against him. Smart thinking, Hyeri.* You praised yourself with a small smile.
 
He got up again soon after, stumbling in the process. His eyes burned with hatred and determination to take you down. "I'll get you for that." He threatened through clenched teeth. Before you could react fast enough, he grabbed onto your wrist and twisted you around, trapping your hands behind you. You tried to struggle away but to no avail. With no other choice left, you turned slightly to the side and kicked him straight at his precious jewel. Hard. He fell to the ground groaning in agony as he clutched onto his throbbing jewel.
 
*Serves you right, bastard.* You thought as you took out a handkerchief from your back pocket which was soaked in chloroform and placed it over the mouth and nose of the still groaning man until he passed out.
 
The rest of your gang had also won their own matches. They dragged all the passed out opponents into a few vans and drove them off somewhere but only after they had bowed to you in respect, being a high ranking gangster that you were. You acknowledged them before taking your money from its hiding spot only to drop it due to the stinging pain in your right wrist.
 
*! That bastard sprained my wrist. Real bad.* You confirmed after examining your wrist for a long time.
 
You sighed in frustration before making your way home while holding on to your pouch of money with your left hand instead.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 EXO’s POV
 
After you exited the house…
 
EXO was gathered in the living room for a small meeting. Kris told the rest about Hyeri’s voicemails, backed up by the other three who also heard. The room was silent as everyone processed the new information in their heads.
 
“Since we’re allowed to live in her house, maybe we should help her?” Tao voiced his thoughts out loud.
 
“Didn’t we agreed not to meddle in her business?” Chen asked.
 
“She doesn’t have to know that we know.” Luhan answered.
 
“No wonder noona never fights back.” Sehun sighed sadly.
 
“Let’s take a vote then. Who’s willing to help her?” Kris glanced at s. Sehun’s hand shot straight in the air while the others simply raised theirs at shoulder level.
 
All of them felt obliged to do so since you provided a shelter above their heads as well as food even though they couldn’t pay you and they were really grateful to you for that.
 
“Since it seems that all of us are up for helping her, let’s do it. We’ll protect her in school from the queenkas. Keep it a secret that we know about her situation. Got it?” Suho finally decided on a plan and told s about it.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV
 
It was late by the time you got home. You were having some difficulty with some simple tasks such as removing your shoes and changing clothes due to your sprained wrist. It was normal for you to have a sprained wrist but this time it was more severe. After much effort, you finally got into your pyjamas and went to sleep, hoping that your hand will get better by tomorrow.
 
The next morning…
 
You groaned rather loudly as you buried yourself further into your comforter, trying very hard to block out your beeping alarm clock. Finally giving up after some time, you grumpily sat up and slammed your palm on the clock.
 
“AAHMPH-” You muffled your scream by biting your lower lip as you clutched onto your injured hand. Tears were threatening to spill as you tried to endure the stinging pain.
 
“Damn it! I forgot all about my hand. It’s so swollen and painful. I think it just got worst. Better do something about it soon.” You said aloud as you did your daily morning routine while trying to avoid hurting your wrist any more than necessary. Not forgetting to cover up the scar from the previous day, you dabbed some concealer onto your face before going down to the kitchen.
 
You were momentarily surprised to find EXO going about preparing their breakfast in their school uniform. “Why are you guys up so early?” You asked to no one in particular.
 
“Why are YOU up so early? Trying to avoid us huh? Too bad. We’re going to school with you now whether you like it or not.” Kris answered you with a mischievous smile grazing his lips.
 
“Mwoh?!” You asked bewildered.
 
“Don’t act like you don’t like it, babe.” Kai winked at you with a smirk, from across the kitchen.
 
“Can’t you guys go later like yesterday? You can’t be serious?” You mentally prayed that they will agree with you.
 
“Nope. We’re really serious, noona. Don’t want you to get hurt like yesterday.” Sehun beamed at you.
 
You looked around for Suho for confirmation and he smiled sweetly at you. *No way! They’re really serious.* Everyone in EXO looked adamant in going to school with you which made you groan in frustration and dread.
 
Knowing that you couldn’t win the argument, you just made your way to the fridge to get a carton of orange juice. Once again, you forgot all about your injured wrist and almost dropped the carton if not for Chen’s fast reflex, catching it before it hit the floor. Whimpering softly, you took the juice from Chen and mumbled a soft thanks before proceeding to get a cup. However, your whimpering didn’t go unheard.
 
“Noona, are you ok?” Sehun asked. His voice full of concern.
 
“Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?” You replied without looking at him as you tried to hide the pain.
 
*Because you got into a fight yesterday. Don’t think we don’t know.* Chanyeol eyed you worriedly.
 
“Liar. You’re obviously hurt.” Lay grabbed your injured wrist making you whimper again, this time a little louder due to more pressure.
 
“L-let go.” You pulled away from him only to have him grab your other wrist and drag you into the living room. He pushed you softly to sit on the couch and called out to Tao to bring him a first-aid kit.
 
You watched Lay in silence as he started treating your wrist and bandaging it up. “Why are you doing this?”
 
“Do I need a reason to help someone?” Lay asked you back with his eyes still fixed on your wrist. You kept your mouth shut at his words, only uttering a soft thanks when he finished.
 
During breakfast, you were having trouble eating with your left hand as you fumbled with your fork, trying to cut pancakes. You couldn’t take it anymore and threw the fork on your plate and leaned back on your chair. “Ugh. I’m not doing this anymore.” You grumbled.
 
“Say ah~” A fork of pancakes was placed near your lips. You looked up and saw Kai smirking at you. Scowling, you turned your head away.
 
“If you don’t want to eat now, you’ll starve the whole day cause’ you can’t use your hand.” He stated.
 
After some consideration, you reluctantly turned your head and ate the piece of pancake offered to you. “That’s a good girl.” Kai cooed as he patted your head making you glare at him as you swatted his hand away.
 
“Do that again and you’ll pay.” You warned him.
 
“I’d like to see you try, babe.” He smirked as he continued feeding you, earning him a few glares from around the table.
 
Finished with breakfast, you quickly made your way out of the house to avoid going to school with EXO and sped walk to the bus stop. Loud motor engines whirred loudly not far off and you soon found yourself surrounded by EXO on bikes. “Damn it! Will you guys just go to school by yourselves?” You pleaded.
 
“Nope.” Kris answered before putting a helmet over your head and effortlessly dumped you on his bike before speeding away in less than a few seconds.
 
By the time you realized what just happened, you were clinging onto him for dear life as he sped to school with the whole of EXO close behind.
 
Setting foot on the ground again, you roughly shoved the helmet back to Kris. “You totally sped that fast on purpose, you jerk. I’m never getting on your bike again.” You seethed in anger but Kris brushed it off and chuckled at your misery. You your heels and stomped off to class.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
EXO’s POV
 
Still chuckling at the poor girl’s misery, Kris waited for s to arrive in school. They parked their bikes in a corner before walking into school.
 
“You should’ve seen her face when she got off.” Kris chuckled again when he remembered the earlier event.
 
“Hyung, you’re so mean to her.” Sehun whined.
 
“It’s fun teasing her.” Kris replied.
 
“Ok, that enough for now. Ready to get the plan into action?” Suho asked s, earning him a chorus of ‘yeah’ or ‘mmm’.