Sudden Attack

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

The following days passed with an unchanging routine. You woke up early in the morning, drank coffee, went to school and avoided EXO, which was becoming an easier task as the boys weren’t attending school as frequently due to the events that the Jang sisters had to attend. You usually slept during lunch, and skipped the second half of school to visit Halmoni. At night, after visiting time was over, you would run errands for 2PM until the late hours and only went home to sleep for 2 to 3 hours.

The lack of sleep and the fatigue that was building up were taking a toll on your body and the effects gradually started to show. The eye bags under your eyes were much more prominent and even make-up wasn’t able to cover them up fully. Your movements were not as sharp as before and your reflex was beginning to slow down. This was bad on your part as you weren’t able to carry out your errands easily and you were more vulnerable to your enemies. After noticing this, you decided to stay in bed that Monday morning and just skip school the entire day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Urgh…” You groaned as you turned in bed before sitting up. Rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you read the time shown on the digital clock – 3pm. For a moment, you just sat there and blankly stared ahead of you.

BZZT… BZZT… BZZT…

The buzzing of your phone that was buried somewhere in the comforter finally brought you out of your reverie. Searching blindly for it, you found it at the foot of the bed. Unlocking your phone, you read through the messages and looked at the list of missed calls, most of them from the EXO boys who asked about your whereabouts. Ignoring them, you locked your phone again and carelessly chucked it to one side before lying back on your bed with an arm over your eyes, falling back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up for the third time that day from the incessant vibration of your phone. Giving up on trying continually to fall back to sleep, you got up and took a shower before going to the kitchen to fix yourself a meal.

*So many errands to do tonight.* You thought as you stared at the list in front of you.

“I should get ready and head out now if I don’t want to be late after visiting Halmoni.” You sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXO’s POV

“Hyeri noona isn’t answering her phone.” Sehun whined to his hyungs who were also trying to contact her when they didn’t see her in school that day. She usually attended at least the first half of school so when she didn’t, the boys got worried, thinking that she was in trouble. Getting no reply from her also added to the list of reasons as to why they should be worried.

“Does anyone know where she might be? She’s been so distant lately.” Suho asked around, his voice laced with worry. The others slumped their shoulders grimly and shook their heads.

“Maybe we’re the ones distancing ourselves from her.” Kai muttered under his breath.

“What was that?” Xiumin, who was sitting beside him, questioned.

“Nothing.” Kai waved it off.

It was true though. EXO was spending more time with the Jang sisters than Hyeri lately. They haven’t even talked to Hyeri for a long time, even in school. Their only means of communication was through the phone but even so, Hyeri usually ignores their texts and calls. Kai had a feeling that the Jang sisters were breaking the 13 of them apart but he never voiced his thoughts out loud. He sighed as he wondered how Hyeri was doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

“.” You cursed as you ran through alleys and deserted roads. Heavy footsteps trailed after you and you sped up, kicking a trash can along the way to hinder the group of men chasing after you. You could hear the strings of profanities being thrown when they stumbled over the toppled trash can and strewn rubbish. You smirked gleefully when you managed to slow them down.

The path that you were taking ended up being a dead end with a wired fence separating the other side. Having no other choice, you climbed it and hoisted yourself up before jumping to the other side. Not wasting any time, you continued running, disappearing from the sights of the men.

Taking in your surroundings, you realised that you were at the park where you met EXO on that fateful night. Memories of the meeting flashed through your mind and you sighed, regretting having ignored them. Before you could feel even guiltier, you received a text from Yunho.

From: Yunho samchon

To: Princess Hyeri

Meet me at my office tonight at 10pm.There’s something that I need to tell you. I’ll be waiting.

 

From: Princess Hyeri

To: Yunho samchon

I’ll be there.

 

The current time on your phone was 9.15pm so you decided to head straight to his office. It took half an hour to reach there by bus and another 10 min to walk to his club. When you finally reached your destination, you were 5 minutes early. You knocked the large wooden doors before proceeding to enter his office where your 4 samchons were patiently waiting for you. All of them wore the same grim expressions. You frowned, knowing that whatever you were about to hear was going to be bad news. They motioned for you to sit across from them and you did as told.

“What’s going on?” You asked, already bracing yourself for what was to come.

“We’re just going to tell it to you straight. There’s no use in beating around the bush.” Yunho started off, earning an approving nod from you.

“The thing is, we did a little research on the people that EXO is currently working with and we found out a few stuff.” Yoochun continued. When you didn’t respond, they took it as a sign to continue.

“The truth is, Jang Yerin and Jang Yenny are the daughters of…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Do you need us to take you home?” Changmin asked.

“No, it’s fine. I can go home by myself.” You politely declined.

“I’ll be going.” You bowed slightly before walking out of Yunho’s office.

You were in a daze as you recalled what your samchons had just told you, groaning at the unpleasant news. Being too caught up in the recesses of your own mind, you didn’t catch the soft footsteps of an approaching figure until you caught a glimpse of something shiny. Taking a few steps to the side, you narrowly avoided the oncoming knife. The assailant aimed the knife at you once again but you managed to grab his wrist and twist it to a painful angle, eliciting a strangled noise from him as he dropped the sharp weapon. Forcefully kicking his abdomen, he ended up on the floor, coughing out blood. Thinking that he was out, you made the mistake of turning your back to him.

A sharp pain coursed through your body. You turned around to see him smirking in glee before fleeing. You watched with wide eyes as he ran off before staring at the knife that had been stabbed into your side. With a shaking hand, you wrapped it around the handle and swiftly pulled it out, groaning in the process. Grimacing at the pain, you leant against the side of a building. Your vision was getting blurry and your breathing was laboured. A pool of blood had already formed underneath you. Slowly, you started walking while steadying yourself with the support of the buildings along the stretch of road, leaving a trail of blood behind.

*. This hurts.* You thought, trying your hardest to stay conscious but failing to do so.

“Hyeri!!!”

*Someone called my name. I must be dreaming.*

“Hyeri!!!”

*There it is again…*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junsu’s POV

“I’m going to go and check up on Hyeri. It’s really unsafe for her to go back home herself.” Junsu told the rest of s before going off in search of his niece.

He drove his red Ferrari slowly while keeping a lookout for Hyeri. When he did find her, he wasn’t expecting her to be bleeding and staggering on the sidewalk. He quickly pulled his car to the side and ran towards her.

“Hyeri!!!”

“Hyeri!!!” He shouted her name again after getting no response. Being quick on his feet, he managed to catch Hyeri before she could collapse on the ground.

“Crap. She’s losing too much blood.” Junsu panicked as he carried her into his car before driving off to the hospital as fast as possible, zooming past other vehicles and breaking all traffic regulations. He managed to reach the hospital in 10 minute, stopping his car right at the entrance. He carried Hyeri inside and she was brought into the emergency unit. Trusting the doctors and nurses to save Hyeri, he dialled Yunho.

“What is it?” Yunho’s voice came through from the other line.

“Hyeri. She’s been attacked. She’s in the emergency unit now.” Junsu explained.

“! I’m on my way with the rest.” Yunho exclaimed before hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

*My head hurts. What the hell happened?* You thought when you felt the throbbing of your head. You tried to open your eyes but the brightness of the light made you close them up again. You tried a second time and your eyes were able to adjust. You looked around and noticed the familiar room. Just then, the door of the room opened and Junsu entered. When he noticed that you were looking at him, he beamed and came rushing up to you.

“You’re finally awake. Thank god. We were so worried.” Relief washed over him.

“Sorry.” You croaked out. Your mouth was dry and you were thirsty. Junsu seemed to know and he helped you to sit up before pouring a glass of water for you. You smiled thankfully at him and drank the contents of the glass in one shot.

“You must be really thirsty.” He commented. You grinned wryly at him.

“How did I end up in the hospital?” You finally asked him.

“Well, I found you bleeding on the sidewalk. Then you fainted so I rushed you to the hospital where you were brought to the emergency unit. And ta-dah, you’re here.” He explained.

“Oh. Did you, by any chance, found out who stabbed me?” You questioned.

“He was a Dragon. I think they found out that we knew.” Junsu answered solemnly. You frowned.

“But don’t worry, I think Yoochun took pretty good care of him.” Junsu continued when he saw you frown. You raised an eyebrow at him.

“Ok, maybe all of us took part in it. You know how we are. We can’t let that bastard get away after hurting you.” He answered truthfully and you shook your head disapprovingly. However, there was a small smile etched onto your lips. You felt loved and was glad that the guy was caught.

“By the way, how long was I out for?”

“Hmmm… 3 days I think.”

“What?! I was out for that long?!” You exclaimed in disbelief.

“Yups. Due to the injury and fatigue. You should take good care of yourself.” Junsu lightly scolded you but you brushed it off.

Your other 3 samchons arrived half an hour later and accompanied and entertained you for the whole day, although they did nag at you at the beginning, you were glad that they stayed with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! It's been so long. Kekeke. I've been busy with school. Can't promise you when the next chapter will be up but thanks for all your support and for being patient with this lazy author. Not to mention a huge thank you to all the subscribers!!! I love you guys!!! *blows kisses*

Oh by the way, would it be better if I made a title for each chapter? 

Thanks for the love guys~~~ ^^