New Transfer Student

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV
 
Weeks had passed since the outing with the boys. Everything was back to normal. You went to school, worked at your part time jobs as well as for 2PM, fought with gangs once in a while, visited Halmoni and got closer to Yunho samchon. The boys had also gotten closer to you and would always look out for you.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
*It's gonna be another boring day.* You sighed as you slumped into your seat. Since the queenkas were too humiliated, they didn't bother you anymore so there wasn't any excitement in school.
 
"I'm sooo bored! School is so boring!" Sehun exclaimed, having the same thoughts as you.
 
Just as you and the other boys were about to agree with him, the teacher entered the class. Walking over to his desk, he slammed his books to gain everyone's attention.
 
"Class, we have a new student. Please come in." The teacher announced before a petite and shy-looking girl with braids entered the class.
 
"A-annyeonghasaeyo. Jang Yerin imnida. P-please take care of me." She bowed before taking a seat at her assigned place.
 
"Woah~ She's cute~" Kai commented being the playboy that he is. You rolled your eyes at his unnecessary comment.
 
However, you must admit that she was pretty even with her braids. As you watched her closely, you felt a sense of familiarity.
 
*I think I've seen her before.* You contemplated but shrugged it off and turned back to staring out the window.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Lunch...
 
You told the boys to go ahead of you first since you needed to go to your locker beforehand. When you were about to leave the class, someone tapped you on your shoulder. You turned and standing in front of you was the new transfer student, fidgeting with the hem of her blazer.
 
"Ummm... C-can I s-sit with y-you for l-lunch, if you d-don't mind? The o-other girls seem to h-hate me." She timidly asked with puppy dog eyes.
 
*Well duh. All the guys were drooling over you.* You thought to yourself but didn't say it out loud.
 
Being a kind person behind your tough exterior and a er for aegyo, you nodded your head. She beamed up at you before tailing you. You led her to the big shady tree in the garden after you took your lunch from your locker.
 
"Sorry but I didn't get your name." She looked at the ground.
 
"Hyeri. Kim Hyeri." You replied.
 
When you neared the tree, you could see the boys waving at you and you flashed them a small smile before taking a seat between Suho and Lay.
 
"Who's this? Your new friend?" Kris pointed to the new girl.
 
"Jang Yerin. New student." You told him.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
EXO's POV
 
The boys welcomed her warmly. Well, a few of them did. The ones who looked uninterested were Kris, Tao, D.O, Sehun, Lay and Chen. Partly because they needed some time to get used to new people.
 
*If Hyeri is friends with her, we might as well get along.* They thought.
 
Yerin stiffly sat down beside Hyeri and took out her own lunch. Chanyeol and Xiumin tried to break the awkward atmosphere with their silliness. By the end of lunch, the boys managed to get to know Yerin better.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kim Hyeri's / Your POV
 
Days had passed since Yerin arrived. You've gotten to know her a bit better but there was always this unsettling feeling in your chest which you always ignored.
 
It was finally a Sunday and the boys and you had decided to visit Halmoni. All of you had prepared a bouquet of flowers and a basket of fruits for her. She was really surprised and happy to see all of you.
 
"Hyeri and boys! Aigoo. I missed you guys so much. How have you been?" She asked as one by one you guys gave her a loving hug.
 
"We're healthy as can be!" Chanyeol exclaimed with a grin.
 
"Aigoo. As happy as always." She smiled at him as she pinched his cheeks.
 
"Have Hyeri been fighting again?" She peered at you closely and you backed away.
 
"Ani. What makes you think so?" You tried waving it off and hid behind the nearest person, who happened to be Kris. You can lie easily in front of others but Halmoni was an exception.
 
However, Kris grabbed you by the shoulders and dragged you in front of him when Halmoni told him to. You looked up at him and mouthed 'Traitor'. He smirked evilly, knowing what was to come. You looked at the other guys for help but they avoided eye contact.
 
*Traitors!!* You screamed in your mind and braced yourself for the long lecture awaiting you.
 
"Omo! Are those scars? Aish. This girl. How many times have I told you to stop fighting but you never listen to me. And you ask me not to worry about your well-being when you're out there getting beat up. I bet the boys have tried to stop you but being the stubborn girl that you are, you probably snuck out in the middle of the night through the window."
 
"Ani-"
 
"And look at how skinny you've become. Have you been skipping meals?"
 
"I di-"
 
"Why am i even asking you that? Of course you did. Didn't I tell you that you should eat more? You look like a walking skeleton. Halloween isn't even here yet."
 
"Halmo-"
 
"Wae? Wae? Am I wrong? Of course not. I've been taking care of you for years now. I should know you well enough by now. You should listen to me for once."
 
"I do list-"
 
"Aigoo. What am I going to do with you?"
 
"Halmoni~~" You whined
 
"Wae? Wae?" She asked, finally letting you speak.
 
"Mianhe~~ I won't do it again." You sheepishly apologised.
 
"Aigoo. That's what you always say but you always come back with more scars."
 
You looked at the ground and pouted. Everything that Halmoni was rambling about were true and you couldn't make up any excuses for your behaviour.
 
"Mianhae~ I'll not fight that often. And eat all my meals." You promised.
 
"And you'll stop worrying the boys?"
 
"Neh~ So will you forgive me?" You pouted and looked at her with teary puppy dog eyes.
 
"Arraso. Arraso." She gave in and you gave her a tight hug.
 
Throughout the whole lecture, you heard snickering and had the urge to glare at the boys but held it in cause it might just add on to Halmoni's rambling. *I'll get them later.*
 
Hours went by without any of you noticing, too busy talking with Halmoni. Visiting hours had already ended and it was time to part. Each of you gave Halmoni a parting hug and told her to get well soon before leavig the hospital.
 
On the way home, you walked quickly in front of the boys, trying to avoid them.
 
"Oh no you don't." Kris grabbed you from walking further away. You struggled to get free but the giant had immense strength.
 
"So... You've been sneaking out through the window, huh? No wonder we don't see you going out at night anymore." Suho raised his eyebrow questioningly.
 
"That's none of your business. What happened to you mind your own business and I mind my own?" You coldly retorted. There was silence as you and Suho stared at each other.
 
"Fine then." Suho finally broke the staring contest and walked ahead.
 
*Well that was... Easy.* You thought quizically.
 
"I need to go somewhere." You excused yourself when you received a message for a new job from 2PM. The boys didn't reply and you took it as a chance to get away.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
EXO's POV
 
*That's it? He's not going to argue with her?* The boys thought as they stared at their leader as he walke away.
 
"Hyung, are you really going to let Suho hyung drop the subject just like that?" Tao asked Kris, the other leader.
 
"You know Suho doesn't do things without a reason. Let's just go with the flow for now." Kris advised. The boyd hummed in understanding.
 
"Wait. Where did Hyeri go?" Chanyeol asked with wide eyes when he realised she was gone.
 
"Probably sneaked away when we weren't looking." Chen answered nonchalantly. The boys sighed in unison.
 
"Me, Luhan hyung, Xiumin hyung and Chen hyung are going grocery shopping." Sehun announced after a while before dragging the said people off to the supermarket.