Parting With EXO

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri's / Your POV

 

You were in your room fiddling with a small knife when you heard knocking on your room door.

 

"Hyeri-ah, can I come in?" Suho asked.

 

You quickly hid the knife under your pillow before replying. "Neh."

 

Suho entered your room with a small smile. He took a seat beside you on your bed and leaned against the wall, following your position.

 

"What's up?" You questioned.

 

"The boys and I have decided to take up the job offer of being Yerin's bodyguards since the pay is higher than any of the jobs we're doing now." Suho slowly broke the news to you.

 

"Ah, I see. So we can pay Halmoni's bills on time?" You asked.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Well, that's good." You commented followed by a moment of silence.

 

"Hyeri-ah, the thing is... The boys and I have to move in with Yerin because we have to guard her 24/7." Suho finally told you the dreadful news.

 

"It's part of your job." You calmly responded to the news.

 

"But we'll visit you sometimes and we'll still hang out in school." He continued.

 

"Hmmm... Well, good luck with your new job." You turned your head to look at him with a smile grazing your lips.

 

"Thanks." He smiled back before getting up.

 

"You should go to sleep. It's getting late. Goodnight." He walked out after patting your head.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO's POV

 

"How'd it go, hyung?" The curious members of EXO questioned their co-leader once he stepped out of Hyeri's room.

 

"She took.it quite well and even wished us good luck." Suho replied.

 

"Ah, that's a relief." Sehun sighed.

 

"What? Did you expect her to throw a tantrum or cry cause' we're leaving?" Kris asked as he raised an eyebrow at the maknae.

 

"Maybe..." Sehun muttered under his breath.

 

"I still don't agree to this. Why would that girl need 12 bodyguards?" Kai fumed.

 

"Kai, remember the purpose of the job." Suho gently scolded. Kai only huffed in reply before going off to sleep.

 

It wasn't only Kai who felt reluctant to leave Hyeri. The rest of the boys felt the same though they tried hard not to show it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Hyeri's / Your POV

 

*God damn it. Why am I feeling this way? Shouldn't I feel relieved that the boys are leaving? I can do whatever I want freely without them around.* You clutched your chest at the stinging pain you felt inside. You then noticed a few droplets of water staining your bedsheet. Touching your face, you felt the dampness on your cheeks.

 

*T-tears?* You smirked when you finally understood your feelings.

 

"They've broken my barrier, haven't they?" You softly asked aloud before resting your head against the wall with silent tears still running down your face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The following day...

 

You awaken to the normal beeping of your alarm clock. After getting ready for the day, you went downstairs to the delicious aroma of pancakes. Taking a seat at the dining table, you almost drooled at the sight of pancakes, toast, scrambled eggs, bacons and muffins. You reached out to get a muffin but your hand was slapped away by D.O.

 

"Wait for the rest before you eat." D.O gently scolded you.

 

You impatiently tapped your foot as you waited for the others to come down. D.O and Suho who were already seated chuckled silently at you.

 

"Ohmygosh! How much slower can you guys get?! You're even slower than girls! If you guys don't come down here in a minute, I will personally drag you down whether you're dressed or ! I want my freaking breakfast!" You screamed towards the general direction of the bedrooms.

 

Right after your outburst, you could hear shouts of 'My pants!', 'Hyung, where's my freaking shirt?!', 'Kris! Get your out the toilet! I need to use it too!'. In a minute's time, the other ten boys settled down at the dining table. Suho and D.O shook their heads at their disheveled appearances.

 

"Took you guys long enough. Can we eat now?" You asked grumpily.

 

"Yeah. Dig in." As soon as he said that, you grabbed a huge amount of each delicacy onto your plate before shoving them into your mouth. Once you tasted the food, your anger died down and you enjoyed the rest of breakfast.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"How can a small girl like you eat so much?" D.O asked while watching you eat lunch.

 

"Secret." You winked at him, causing a blush to creep onto his face. Some of the boys noticed and quietly snickered.

 

"Umm..." A voice nervously started off and everyone turned their heads to look at a fidgeting Yerin.

 

"I'm really sorry about my dad. He thought that you guys were the perfect bodyguards for me so... Ummm... I hope you'll take very good care of me." She bowed.

 

"We hope you'll treat us well." Suho politely returned the greeting.

 

"Do you want to join us? I know that we only start working for you tomorrow but we can still hang out today." Baekhyun offered. Yerin nodded in return before shyly making her way to sit beside Baekhyun.

 

Conversation resumed among the group of you before the bell finally rang, signalling the end of lunch. You stood up along with Tao, Sehun, Chanyeol, D.O, Kai and Yerin and made your way to class together.

 

Once you settled down in your seat, you placed your head on the table as you stared at the sky. *Tomorrow, everything will change.* You thought sadly, not wanting to let go off the boys even though you knew that it was selfish of you.

 

"Hey Noona. What're you thinking about?" Sehun poked your side, jolting you up.

 

"Hmmm... Nothing..." You simply replied with a small smile though your eyes showed a tinge of sadness.

 

"Are you sure you're ok?" Tao worriedly asked.

 

"Mhmmm..." You nodded in response before burying your face in your arms.

 

*Will they still care for me when they leave? Or is it just an obligation that only lasts when they live in my house?* You questioned, trying to hold in your tears. Soon, you fell asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Riri!!! Wake up!!!"

 

You startled awake at the loud voice near your ear. You glared at Chanyeol before burying your head in your arms again.

 

"Come on, princess. School is already over." Kai tugged at your hair playfully. You slapped his hand away before finally getting up.

 

You had wished that school wouldn't end so fast. Once it was over, it meant that EXO had to leave your house and you were dreading that moment. You took heavy steps out the school. The ride home was silent as you laid your head against Sehun's back, enjoying the breeze that whipped against you.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You were now facing the twelve EXO boys in your front yard, about to bid them goodbye. The first one to speak was of course Suho.

 

"Thank you for letting us stay here. We really appreciate your hospitality. We'll come back to visit." He smiled at you before hugging you.

 

The rest of the boys followed suit as they embraced you and exchanged a few words of appreciation. You smiled softly at them.

 

"Well, it was nice living with you guys. See ya around." You waved at them.

 

"Oh you will, princess. We're still in the same class and we'll hang out together at lunch and stalk you at your workplace." Kai winked and smirked at you. You rolled your eyes at him.

 

They reluctantly got on their bikes, except for Sehun who was clutching onto you as if his life depended on it.

 

"Aish. You big baby. You guys go on first. I'll handle him." You waved the eleven off before turning your attention to Sehun.

 

"Nooonaaa!!! I don't want to leave you!!!" He wailed as he clutched onto you tighter, bursting into tears.

 

"Sehun-ah, why are you being like this? You have a job to do and the place you're going to be staying at will probably be more comfortable than mine. Come on." You tried persuading him while prying him off of you.

 

"Do you d-dislike me so m-much that y-you're trying to send me o-off?" Sehun sobbed as he let go off you and turned away.

 

Looking at him like that, your heart twisted in pain as a few stray tears ran down your cheek. You turned Sehun around so that he was facing you and you placed your foreheads together, making him bend down.

 

"Sehun-ah, I love you. You're my cute namdongsaeng. Will you please stop crying? Aren't you doing this job for Halmoni? I know you don't want to leave and in all honesty, I don't want you guys to leave me either. I'm going to miss my family and it hurts to see you leave. But your hyungs need you there. EXO isn't complete with a member missing right?" You gently persuaded him. He brought you in to a tight hug.

 

"Noona, I love you too. I was being selfish and I'm sorry." He mumbled as he wiped away his tears before a huge grin broke on his face.

 

"Noona cried." He teased.

 

"Aish, this brat. Don't tell anyone. Our conversation too. It'll be our secret." You warned him.

 

"Promise." He beamed as the both of you sealed it with your pinkies.

 

"Now go be a good maknae and go to your hyungs." You smiled up at him as you ruffled his hair. Once he was on his bike, you swiftly planted a kiss on his cheek.

 

"See ya!" You winked at him as he broke into another wide grin before speeding off to meet his hyungs.