Injuries and Coincidences

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

 

*Guess I'll just have to try...* You were about to lunge forward when you were abruptly interrupted.

 

"You guys are so gonna pay for hurting our members!"

 

Everyone's heads snapped towards the voice. Suho stood there with the other seven members behind him. All of them were wearing scowls on their faces, clearly angry at the sight of their injured members. There was a murderous glint in their eyes.

 

"Hyungs!" Sehun exclaimed as soon as he saw his saviours.

 

*Woah! I didn't think they could look that serious. And scary.* You thought.

 

"The more the merrier." Tae Hun confidently remarked with a smirk.

 

"You guys can stand aside and let us handle this." Tao directed it towards the five of us.

 

*No way in hell will I be a damsel in distress. I can protect myself.*

 

Without a second to lose, a war broke out between EXO and ZE:A. Fists were flying and bodies were thrown. Sehun, D.O, Chen and Luhan followed Tao's orders and stood aside, knowing fully well that their bodies were in no condition to handle any fights. Sehun tried to pull you along but you loosened out of his grip. You weren't just going to let these guys do all the work just because you were a girl.

 

You stood in the middle of all the fights. You saw 2 of ZE:A's back-up heading your way. You kicked the first one in the face, making him fall hard on the floor. You then grabbed the second one by the collar and knee-kicked him in the gut before elbowing him in the back. He fell next to his friend. As they were getting up, you punched the both of them across the face. They fell back down at the force.

 

*It's been such a long time since I last fought anyone and I really need to let out some steam. You guys are really unlucky to be my punching bags today. It's going to be one hell of a mess when I'm done.* You thought, smirking as you cracked your knuckles.

 

As you did that, you saw more guys coming your way. Your fighting mode switched on and you gave off a murderous aura. Nobody could stop you now. You went crazy and unleashed your inner beast as you took out the anger that you've been holding in for weeks on the guys from the mafia gang.

 

One by one, the guys who fought you received your blows. You were able to dodge most of their attacks. They were easy to take down since they weren't that strong.

 

*Must be the newbies.*

 

You handled all the 6 back-ups by yourself as ZE:A was fighting EXO 1-on-1 and the other 4 members were in no condition to fight.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO's POV

 

EXO had always hated ZE:A and vice versa. In the past, ZE:A had tried conquerinq EXO's territory time after time but failed to do so. To make it short, they had a very bad history with each other. It's been such a long time since they last fought each other and both groups had gotten stronger. However, EXO was clearly winning this battle.

 

Luhan, Sehun, Chen and D.O watched silently as the other members fought. They felt useless standing at the sidelines but couldn't do anything about it since they were pretty beat up. But what caught their attention was Hyeri. She fought solely by herself against 6 other guys who were clearly bigger than her yet she was able to win. The 4 of them shuddered when they saw her intimidating gaze and indifferent expression as she fought.

 

Soon, the members of ZE:A were sprawled across the floor as they groaned in pain. EXO turned out victorious this time but they suffered some bruises and scratches here and there. But as soon as they had finished their own fights, their eyes were fixated on Hyeri who was still fighting.

 

Just like the other 4 members who saw her fighting for the first time, their reaction was also the same.

 

"She can fight? She looks scary." Lay blurted out as a cold shiver ran down his spine when he watched her every move.

 

Hyeri looked like she was enjoying the pain that the guys were suffering and was merciless towards them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Hyeri's / Your POV 

 

*Aish! These guys are really persistent. But this makes it all the more fun.*

 

When you finished, all 6 of them were sprawled on the floor, writhing and groaning in pain as blood oozed out of their many different injuries that you had inflicted on them. They were badly beaten up and you had even managed to break a few of their bones. However, you were not done yet. You grabbed one of them who seemed to be the leader of the group by the collar and made him face you.

 

"Yah. Listen carefully. You really picked the wrong time to be messing with me. I'm being really nice here by letting you off with only these wounds but if I ever see your face again, I swear I will freaking beat you up so badly, making you suffer and wish you'd just died in the first place. And tell your freaking boss to off and never bother me again. Understand?" You sneered at him with your unflinching gaze.

 

He nodded his head vigorously in understanding. He didn't want to be beaten up anymore. However, you weren't satisfied with his answer.

 

"Is that a yes or a no?" You asked menacingly as you brought his face closer to you.

 

"Y-Yes, I-I u-u-un-der-der-stand." He stuttered, trembling in your grip.

 

You flashed him a smirk before throwing him on the ground together with his other friends. He quickly crawled back in fear. You were finally satisfied.

 

You only suffered minor bruises, a scratch on your left cheek and a few scratches on your hands. Your hands and clothes were smeared with blood that weren’t yours. There was also blood dripping out of the corner of your mouth and you quickly wiped it away with your thumb.

 

"Aish! Of all places must they really scratch my face? I should've just sent them to the hospital for it. But that was a good workout. I feel so much better!" You stretched your arms while turning the other way and made eye contact with 12 pairs of eyes staring back at you.

 

"!" You cursed.

 

*Oh . I forgot they were here. Why must it be them of all people? What the hell should I do now?*

 

Before anyone could say anything, a loud clanging sound was heard. Sehun came collapsing down with blood running down his face. It took all of you some time to process what had happened. You spotted JunYoung holding a metal bar standing right beside Sehun. 

 

"JunYoung! You bastard!" Kai bellowed as he charged towards JunYoung and landed a punch straight in his face. Kris joined Kai in ripping JunYoung apart.

 

At the same time, Suho and Luhan rushed to Sehun's side. Sehun was bleeding profusely and he was losing consciousness.

 

"! What do we do? We don't have money to send him to the hospital and it would be troublesome if they ask questions." Suho raked his brain for ideas while ruffling his hair.

 

"Get him to the nearest house of one of your members. It's not that serious. I can treat his wound." You replied Suho.

 

With that said, Tao immediately carried Sehun to a bike and rode off. The rest of the members also got on their own bikes.

 

"Get on." Suho instructed impatiently.

 

Once you got on, he quickly sped away. You clung onto his jacket tightly as he zoomed past other vehicles and buildings. In a few minutes time, you arrived at your destination. You froze when you saw the run-down apartment building in front of you. Unwanted memories came rushing back to you.

 

"What are we doing here?" You asked Suho as you hopped off his bike.

 

"You told us to get Sehun to the nearest house. This is the nearest house. Follow me." Suho walked in front of you and led the way.

 

*I swore I wouldn't come back to this place again but here I am. I hate this but I have to help Sehun.*

 

You took a deep breath as you entered the main entrance. Since there weren’t any elevators, you took the stairs to the third floor. You looked around while walking and noticed that the place was still the same. It was filled with graffiti and the smell was horrendous. Suho led you to the apartment at the far end of the hallway.

 

*I can't believe it. I'm back at my old apartment. I hate this coincidence.*

 

Suho opened the door and you carefully stepped in. More memories came rushing back and you let out a soft gasp. The apartment was still the same but a few things had changed. 

 

*This is not a good time to be thinking about the past.*

 

Most of the members were already there. You saw Sehun lying down on the couch, unconscious, and Lay was applying pressure on his wound to stop him from bleeding. The first-aid kit had also been taken out. 

 

You walked towards Sehun and took out the things needed to treat his wounds from the first-aid kit. You carefully cleaned his wound before stitching it up. You then applied ointment before you covered it with gauze. The members looked at you work and you felt slightly uncomfortable. Suddenly, the door opened and in came Kris and Kai who were still fuming.

 

"You didn't kill him did you?" Suho asked.

 

"Don't worry. He's not dead." Kai replied coldly.

 

You finally finished treating Sehun and stood up.

 

"Just let him rest for a few days and he'll be fine." You said.

 

Tao came over and carried Sehun to a bedroom and laid him down.

 

"Thanks." Suho thanked you. You nodded in response.

 

"Why were the four of you captured by ZE:A anyway?" Kris, who had calmed down, directed the question at Chen, D.O and Luhan.

 

"We were on the way back home after getting ice cream when Sehun saw the new transfer girl getting kidnapped by them so he went over to help. The three of us had no choice but to follow him. We didn't know that ZE:A had gotten stronger so we were beaten up pretty badly and were also taken by them. How did you guys know that we were in trouble?" D.O answered.

 

"Someone saw you guys get into a fight and told us. So it all started because of you." Kris pointed at you accusingly.

 

"Yah! I didn't ask for anyone to help me. They did it on their own." You defended yourself.

 

"Ok, everybody chill. It's all over and everyone is safe so no need to argue." Suho spoke up.

 

"Who lives here?" You blurted out the question that you were dying to know since the beginning.

 

"Kris and me. We just moved here." Tao answered.

 

"Let me give you a piece of advice. Move out of here as fast as possible if you don't want to get into any trouble. My work here is done so I'm leaving." You quickly left the building before anyone could question you. EXO stared at your retreating figure. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO’s POV

 

"Oh man! I didn't get to ask her how she knows how to fight!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

 

"And what did she mean by trouble?" Tao questioned.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Two days later, Sunday...

 

*knock knock*

 

"Can someone get the door?" D.O shouted from the kitchen, where he was cooking.

 

"I'll get it." XiuMin got up from the couch and went to open the door.

 

"Hey hyung! Yo!" Both Tao and Kris greeted him.

 

"It's just you guys." XiuMin left the door open for Tao and Kris and went back to his seat.

 

Tao and Kris walked in, closing the door behind them. They placed their luggage that they were carrying to the side and joined the rest in the living room.

 

"What brings you guys here?" Baekhyun asked without taking his eyes of the tv.

 

"We're moving in." Kris casually replied and plopped himself beside Luhan.

 

"You are?! This is great! Now we can spend more time together!" Sehun jumped up in excitement.

 

"Calm down, Sehun. You're still recovering." Lay scolded him and pulled him back down onto the couch.

 

"You guys are welcome to stay but what happened to your apartment?" Suho asked.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#FLASHBACK#

 

A few hours ago...

 

Tao and Kris were walking home after they finished their part time jobs. As they neared their apartment building, they could hear a huge commotion going on. Soon, they knew the reason why.

 

Their apartment was surrounded by police officers. They saw familiar looking people getting arrested and dragged away into police vans. Some of them were putting up a fight. It was utter chaos.

 

"Hyung. What's going on?" Tao asked Kris in confusion.

 

As if to answer his question, three ahjummas passed by and were gossiping rather loudly.

 

"The people in that apartment building are always getting into trouble. I heard this time they were involved in some kind of drug syndicate. Apparently, drugs were found all over the building. Everyone's being thrown into jail or being questioned. I don't know how they manage to always get out of jail. I hope this time they never come out." One of the ahjummas said to her friends with a look of disapproval plastered on her face.

 

At that exact moment, both Kris and Tao froze, remembering the exact words Hyeri had said.

 

"Move out of here as fast as possible if you don't want to get into any trouble."

 

*That's what she said* 

 

"Let's wait for them to go. Then we'll grab our stuff and move in with the rest. We shouldn't stay here anymore." Kris gave his final decision. He didn't want to take any risks by staying there any longer.

 

When the police were all gone, both of them went to their apartment and quickly packed all their belongings before leaving that place for good.

 

#END FLASHBACK#

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was silent after the story was told. They were all thinking the same thing. Hyeri’s words were ringing in their ears. The silence was finally broken by Suho.

 

"Well, it's great that all the members of EXO are finally living together. I think dinner is almost ready, right D.O?"

 

"Yeah. Come and eat."

 

At the mention of food, everyone rushed to get their share.