Catching Up With Yunho

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

 

*How long has it been since I saw Yunho samchon and been to this place? 8 years? It still looks the same.* You observed the surroundings of the club. Yunho samchon led you to his office and sat you down on his black leather couch before sitting right across from you.

 

"I haven't heard from you for 8 years. Have you been well? Do you still remember this place, Exotic?" Yunho samchon asked.

 

"I've been fine. Of course I still remember this place. Dad always works on the second floor and he'll bring me here through the back door." You smiled sadly at the memory.

 

"If you remembered, why didn't you come here and look for me?" He asked.

 

"I forgot the name. And even if I did know it, I wasn’t ready." You replied somberly.

 

"Is that why you haven't visited the grave?" He questioned. You nodded in reply. There was a sad silence lingering in the air.

 

"If you want, you can talk to me about anything. You know that right?" He smiled comfortingly at you. You nodded.

 

"You'd probably want to know what I've been doing right?" You could tell that Yunho samchon was curious about your life that he missed out but couldn't find the right words to ask you about it. This time, it was his turn to nod. You took a few deep breaths before you started unraveling part of your life story.

 

"Well, after Junsu..." You choked back a sob at the memory.

 

"A-after Junsu got s-stabbed by that abusive bastard or so-called-stepfather, that bastard was arrested and sentenced to death for murder. I was then sent to an orphanage in Busan but two years later I got transferred to one in Gwangju. But I got bullied a lot there so after a year I ran away to Seoul but got caught and sent to one here. They've kept a close eye on me ever since. But two years ago, they let me live together with a Halmoni who was a caretaker from the orphanage because I was close to her and requested it since... Some stuff happened and I couldn't stand staying there any longer. They let me because i was old enough to. Soon after, I started learning how to fight and worked for 2PM to help get money to pay for the house's rent since Halmoni's health started deteriorating. She's currently in the hospital now getting treatment for cancer. When working for 2PM, my fighting skills improved by a whole lot. I went for the nickname K to hide my identity. I got into lots of trouble both in school and outside. I transferred schools a lot and got into lots of fights. The orphanage owners kept changing and they didn't really care about what the kids did. But the current owner just takes advantage of the working kids. She takes our money since she's our so-called-guardian and she threatens us a lot.. I have two part-time jobs excluding the work I still do for 2Pm to help pay off the bills and Halmoni's treatment. I'm currently schooling at SM High and EXO is staying at my place." You told Yunho a gist of your life. You thought that since it was Yunho samchon, it was ok to tell him about it. After he had heard your story, he looked deep in thought.

 

"Ah~ Is that why the boys have been working extra hard to earn money? To help you?" He asked to which you shrugged.

 

"It seems that your guardian is a . No wonder you're so thin. You don't have enough money to buy yourself a luxurious meal. Tsk. I disapprove of this woman." He continued as he shook his head in disapproval.

 

"I hate her too." You added in.

 

"Do you want me to do something about it?" He politely offered but you declined since it wasn't his problem.

 

"Okay then. But if you ever change your mind, you know who to look for." He warmly smiled at you. You missed seeing him and it felt great to finally have someone from your past in your life again.

 

"So you're the legendary K, huh? I never thought my sweet niece would be the most feared female gangster in South Korea. You grew up really well. I'm glad."

 

"I'm a strong girl. I have to keep moving on right samchon? Those were the exact words you told me when dad died." You reminded him. He beamed proudly at you.

 

"Let's go eat barbeque meat. My treat." He announced as he got up. You followed soon after.

 

When he opened the door to the office, a pile of body landed on the floor of the office. Both Yunho samchon and you furrowed your eyebrows. "Eavesdropping now are we? You should know better. The whole office is soundproof. You wouldn't be able to hear anything from the outside even if you tried." Yunho samchon shook his head at the boys' behaviour. Sehun, Tao, Chanyeol, Xiumin and D.O got up and dusted their clothes, embarrassed from being caught red-handed.

 

"Me and my niece are going out to eat. You boys can join us if you want." Yunho samchon invited them before leading me to his car. You climbed in and the both of you soon sped off, followed by EXO on their bikes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At the barbeque place...

 

"So now that I know you boys are staying with my beloved niece, you better take really good care of her and treat her well. Even if she's not blood related to me, she still means a lot to me. If I find out that she got hurt in any form because of you, I will not hesitate to kill you. Understand?" Yunho samchon warned menacingly to the boys as we waited for the food to be served. You could hear the seriousness in his voice. The boys nodded their heads timidly.

 

Once the food was served, the boys started grilling the meat and dug in. All of them chatted about random stuff and enjoyed their meal. However, a huge part of you was constantly reminded of your family members' death so you just picked on your food and would occasionally sigh. Everyone noticed your sadden mood but didn't know how to cheer you up.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was soon time to part ways with Yunho samchon. You exchanged numbers with him and gave him a hug. "You can feel free to visit me any time at the club. I think some of the workers might remember you. And your other TVXQ samchons would love to meet you again if they knew I found you. Take care, princess. Call me if you need anything."

 

You genuinely smiled hearing Yunho samchon's words. You were also happy to know that he still remembered the nickname that everyone called you when you were a little girl. "I will. And I'm too old to be called a princess." You commented playfully.

 

"I know. But you'll always be our princess." He replied before driving off in his car. You watched as it sped off around the corner.

 

"Hop on." Baekhyun passed you a helmet and you willingly got on his bike.

 

When you reached home, you went straight to your room to take a shower. You felt tired after all the crying you did today. Soon, you drifted off to dream land even though it was only 9pm.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO's POV

 

After making sure that Hyeri was asleep, the boys gathered in the living room.

 

"Well, now we know why she acted the way she did this morning. It was really unexpected that Hyeri turned out to be the person that Yunho hyung was looking for and holds dearly. But it makes it all the more reason to protect her. And make her happy. So we should try to cheer her up tomorrow." Suho, being the thoughtful one, suggested.

 

"I second that. Noona looks really sad. I don't like it." Sehun agreed. The rest soon chorused their agreement. They then started planning on ways to cheer Hyeri up.

 

However, their planning was interrupted by the faint footsteps coming down the stairs an hour later. They turned their heads to find Hyeri clad in a black leather jacket, dark jeans, black combat boots and hair messily tied into a bun. She had a tired look plastered on her face.

 

"Where are you going this late at night?" Kris asked, though everyone probably already knew the answer to that question.

 

"That's none of your business." She replied back as she walked over to the door.

 

"Well technically it is now our business since Yunho hyung told us to take good care of you and to not let you get hurt." Kai retorted as he swiftly moved to block the door.

 

"Who says I'm going to get hurt?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"We know exactly what you're about to do so don't bother denying it." Kris voiced out. The boys had seen Hyeri go out the house so many times at night only to come home with a few minor bruises that she tries to cover up the next day with make up. Their suspicion on her being K was also cleared up when they saw her mask by accident.

 

"Well if you know already, can you let me leave now?" She asked impatiently.

 

"No can't do. If you're going, we're coming along. Yunho hyung's orders." Chen said.

 

"You can always call him to confirm it." Lay added in.

 

"Fine. Do whatever you want." She tiredly said with a frustrated sigh.

 

Kai moved away from the door when the rest of them had changed because there was a high possibility that Hyeri would run off without them. They exited the house and followed Hyeri's directions as she led them to a deserted warehouse.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Hyeri's / Your POV

 

*This is unbelievable!! Why do they have to come along?! Yunho samchon is still overprotective as always. Next time, I'll sneak out instead.* You decided as you held on to Suho.

 

You made the boys park their bikes a distance away from the warehouse, since they make too much noise. Your job was to take back a suitcase that belonged to 2PM unless you get caught, you wanted to avoid fighting as much as possible. Silence and stealth were keys to this job being successful and you couldn't have EXO's bikes ruining it.

 

"Ok. You guys stay outside while I do my job." You told them as you made your way towards the warehouse. However, someone yanked you back.

 

"Nu-uh. We're coming along. You might get hurt." Kris firmly stated.

 

You took a deep breath before you could explode. "My job is to just get a suitcase and it doesn't involve any fighting. Having all of you come along would only make it harder." You hissed.

 

"Fine. We'll stay behind but if we hear any shouts or screams, we're going in." Suho decided. You nodded your head in agreement. Kris finally let go of your arm and you made your way to the warehouse.

 

You put on your mask as you scanned the perimeter. There was a ladder that led you to a higher level. Deciding to take your chances, you climbed it and ended up on the second floor of the warehouse which gave you a bird's eye view of the first level. There were stacks of boxes piled everywhere and gangsters roamed the place. Your eyes landed on the suitcase you were assigned to take back. It was surrounded by 5 gangsters.

 

*Aish. This is going to be difficult.* You thought as you glanced around for another way to get the suitcase without fighting anyone. Seeing no other option, you exhaled a shaky breath.

 

*I am so not cut out for this right now.* You doubted your abilities at the moment but managed to gain your composure after a few deep breaths.

 

Walking slowly along the walls, you neared the suitcase. It was directly below you and the 5 gangsters' backs were turned away from you. Carefully and silently, you tied the rope that you found onto the railing before descending it, making sure that nobody caught sight of what you were doing. When you feet landed on the ground, you reached out a hand to grab the suitcase before clutching it against your chest. However, when you slowly backed away, a pair of hands held you by the shoulder. You spun around to be face-to-face with none other than JunYoung from ZE:A.

 

*Crap. I'm in the Dragons territory if ZE:A is here. This is bad. I can't take all of them by myself.* You panicked but your face was void of emotions.

 

"I think you're holding onto something that belongs to us." He said darkly, causing the 5 that were guarding to turn around. Up close, you recognised them to also be members of ZE:A.

 

*Okay... We have 6 ZE:A members surrounding me. And lots of strong Dragons around. What are my chances of escaping? Zero. I'm screwed... Or am I?" You spotted the rope from the corner of your eye.

 

You kicked Junyoung right in his gut, causing him to hit the wall. You escaped from his grasp. The other 5 started charging towards you but you were already halfway up the rope.

 

"Intruder alert!!!" Someone shouted.

 

*Crap! Crap! Crap!* You cursed as you tried climbing faster up the rope. Once you were on the second floor, Dragons already caught up to you.

 

You charged towards them and dodged all their attacks, swerving the left and right and occasionally throwing punches back. You swiftly escaped through the small window where the ladder was located and ascended the steps with Dragons close on your tail. Some of them had also came out from the doors located around the warehouse. You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, bumping into EXO on the way.

 

"We heard-" Baekhyun was cut off when you dragged him by his wrist.

 

"Run!!" You commanded. The boys looked confused at first but they saw the huge mass of people heading their way and finally took off running as well.

 

You hopped onto a random bike which turned out to be Kai's but you had no time to change bikes so you just went along with it. The 13 of you sped off in the middle of the night, making sure to loose the Dragons. All of you gathered at a park far away from the warehouse.

 

"What was that?" Kris questioned.

 

"Dragons. Too many, too lazy to fight them off." You replied while taking off your mask.

 

"So you ran?" Kai piped in.

 

"Mmm." You said as you checked your phone for the time.

 

*I'm in no condition to fight after all that emotional . Even I know that. Now I gotta go to Hottest to give the suitcase.* You thought.

 

"You have to give the suitcase right?" Luhan asked as if he read your mind.

 

"Yeah."

 

Without much protest, you let the boys you to Hottest. You slipped in through the front door and found 2PM in a matter of minutes at their normal table before handing over the suitcase to them. They checked the contents. Satisfied with your work done, they handed over the money to you.

 

*Finally! Sleep!* You imagined your comfortable bed as you thought of going back to dreamland.